[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Houston resident here, I came home recently to find that my guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170831_101330.jpg (2MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_101330.jpg
2MB, 3968x2976px
Houston resident here, I came home recently to find that my guns have a layer of rust from the humidity because my power went out so there was no AC.
How worried should I be about the inside of the barrels rusting and affecting the accuracy?
>>
Depends on a multitude of factors; whats the coating in the barrel? Who made the gun? More importantly, why keep a rusty receiver?
>>
Start by spraying WD-40 on and in the guns then wiping off. follow that with axel grease, lots of axel grease everywhere!
>>
>>35051713

>>35051737
this. What kind of AK is that? You dont have any CLP on hand? Motor oil?
>>
>>35051761
At a later date consider painting guns (like I did)
>>
>>35051713
They didn't have a thick enough coat of oil to begin with. Run your preferred protectant down the barrel and all over the internals and you're set.
>>
>>35051713
The barrel may or may not have damage, only way to really find out is by inspecting it. You should be able to see if there is rust in it with a flashlight, but you can always get one of those little spy cameras that can be inserted inside the barrel. Since it's an AK, that light rust on the receiver only enhances the rifle aesthetically.

With all due respect, lesson learned on this one, always make sure that you have an external layer of protection on your gun, even something like RemOil can make a difference. I live down in Florida, and have seen the effects of humidity on poorly-maintained firearms
>>
>>35051772
It's a Riley RAK-47T (inb4 Riley hate) with a 4170 nitride barrel.
>>
>>35051713
If it's just surface rust you should be fine. Just get it all off and send it to get cerakoted/melonited/whatever you like so it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>35051713
pee into the rust, faggot
>>
>>35051713
ah yes, the lovely "chocolate powder" phenomenon.

Had that shit happen once when it rained at the range, and I didn't bother cleaning and oiling the thing the very same day. Nothing a little elbow grease and gun oil couldn't fix. If it's extra pad in some spots, even fine sandpaper works.
>>
File: 0300603d.png (1010KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0300603d.png
1010KB, 1080x1080px
>>35051713
Call NRA and collect on that free firearm damage insurance you got with your membership.
>>
>>35051713
>disassemble
>wipe down with dry rag
>CLP
>strip Magpul furniture, throw away in garbage can
>throw rest of rifle in garbage because it's a shit rifle
>>
>>35051822
Just pur some CLP down the barrel and copper brush it, don't cry
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.