[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Airguns are the fedora's of the gun world True

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 473x106px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 473x106px
>Airguns are the fedora's of the gun world

True or no? Explain.
>>
>>35048685
Of course not

Everyone knows CZ's are the fedora's of the gun world.

Airguns actually have a place in the gun world, training, varmint shooting, plinking. the list goes on.
>>
Not really, airguns are more like the mousetraps or the brooms of the gun world, i.e., a house maintenance tool
I would say 1911s are the fedoras of the gun world, and k98s are the trench coats.
*tips safety*
>>
File: YOU vs Momoko Yamazaki.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
YOU vs Momoko Yamazaki.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>35048685
>that guy at the range who is always there with his airgun shooting his dinky target
>>
File: 1501214225778.jpg (176KB, 1022x688px) Image search: [Google]
1501214225778.jpg
176KB, 1022x688px
>>35048698
>czs dont have the same uses

???
>>
>>35048716
This is my fetish
>>
>>35048685
>Be me live in countryside lambing season
>crows, jackdaws, magpies everywhere.
>offer to thin the numbers at five local farms for free with my springer .177.
>5/5 get told no we don't want lead on the land.
>coming weeks and lambs start to frolic outside
>another week passes
>start spotting lambs with their eyes pecked out
>get a call from 5/5 local farmers
>Smugface.png
>>
>>35048685
Fedoras are things that people who are not old enough to have worn fedoras regularly wear as a fashion statement to show that they have class, in doing so show that they have no class at all.

That would be like open carrying a Luger today. It's outdated and open carry is not socially acceptable even if it may be legal where you are.
>>
>>35048685
no they are britbong nogunz ad rabbit hunters

fedora would be ar/5.56 fags
>>
File: hollyearl.gif (2MB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
hollyearl.gif
2MB, 250x206px
>>35048801
>not socially acceptable
>mfw OC and only cunty soccer moms get anal pained about it

Had a few chicks in their 20s tell me they were interested in getting their CHL when seeing me OC.
>>
>>35048787
your .177 is fucking useless for crows. spastic child, jackdaws do not attack lambs neither to crows except grey hooded crows.

You are just a dumb kid who wants to kill shit with a store bought toy that you don't have anywhere to shoot on other peoples land

kys britbong
>>
>>35048838
poor brits with there shit gun laws
>>
>muh greatest battle implement ever devised
>PING haha right? im so classy. and old school.
>.30-06 is way better than wimpy little .308.
>wait wtf you'll break it if you use that ammo, you have to use the stuff that does nothing .308 can't
>>
I'd say the Mosin or the 1911.
>>
>>35048801
>open carry is not socially acceptable
Depends on where you live. I used to OC a revolver before I got my CC and I only ever got 1 dirty look and it was from some old dickhead who worked at Walmart.
>>
>>35048698
>tfw want a CZ455, CZ550 and Hammer Classic
Only GOD can judge me
>>
>>35048787
magpies and crows do attack lambs I've fucking seen it bro.

Also the fact that I can unleash hell upon these viirmin with a .177 pays testemant to my superior anglo genes.

Also my mum says I look cool in my ghillie suit
>>
AR-15
>>
>>35048838
you can have .22 in britbongistan actually, and it does kill crows you faggot
>>
>>35048685
They are good if you live in the city and need to holocaust the squirrels getting into your attic.
>>
>>35048787
>get told no we don't want lead on the land.

What the fuck? Are they retarded? The amount of lead in those pellets is tiny. There's probably more lead in their ground from back when gasoline was leaded than you could possibly deposit from the pellets.
>>
>>35049058
John Moses Browning says you are a faggot
>>
My fellow USAF maintainerbro spent six months shooting birds at Balad with a pellet gun to reduce the bird strike hazard. They had one pellet rifle and two troops to operate it because their trigger fingers got sore.

When he quit counting they'd killed several thousand. Their time was a lot cheaper than a single bird strike's worth of inspection and repair, and they didn't have to crawl a hot intake stinking of pulverised bird.
>>
>>35049259
This.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qe45Z8wfk&t=1s
>>
>>35048685
In the same way that a fedora is just another choice of hat you can wear. Pellet guns are just another useful niche type of gun you can buy.
They're pretty handy for extremely cheap plinking, small game hunting, and great for practice and teaching people to shoot .
>>
>>35049196
I've shot plenty of grows and if you knew anything about gamekeeping other than wanting to play with your toy .177 you'd know the main problems with crows is they eat frai feed left for feed and seed and regular corvids don't go near labs only the now relatively rare hooded grey crow a different animal altogether. They are fucking smart corvids and will signal if they see someone carrying a gun rather than a bucket and flee. Best way is to shoot out the nests with a shotgun in spring or hang a dead one near where they are robbing.

You'll shoot fuck all of them with your toy which is marginal for a crow even if you get within 60 feet and it sits still.

Just stop bullshitting. You need a shotgun for crows. Best way to deal with magpies is cages and they don't go after lambs either but destroy songbirds. Jackdaws do nothing to lambs neither but block chimneys.

Your story if an urbanite childs fantasy as you sit there with your .177 at less than 12 ft/lbs looking to fuck around on other peoples land with their wildlife. No surprise you got told to fuck off as you are only after landowners permission to get a fac so you can buy a real gun for your fucking zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>35049301
This. Learned to shoot on a pellet gun, and the skills transferred wonderfully the first time I shot a real firearm.
>>
>>35049261
off the shelf .177 and .22 in the uk are limited to 12 ft/lbs and are marginal on much other than a rabbit from close range
>>
>>35049312
>im not the same anon you were talking to previously

I use a .22 you gay and you can kill crows with a .22 pellet.
>>
>>35049330
that's odd because an a>>35049330
air rifle is best shot from a battery hold and a real gun needs a firm shoulder. On springers the recoil is opposite which is why they will fuck up cheap scopes. they have their place yeah but this britbong nogunz shite is out of control on here recently
>>
>>35049353
if they sit still at 30 feet maybe which they won't. kill it or don't you urban spaz but don't prance around maiming shit because you are a dumb fuck
>>
>>35049353
still 12/ft/lbs and not even as flat as 177

all these britbongs clutching bb guns and talking them up ffs

'o no the lambs' fucking larp

get off my land
>>
>>35048685
Wrong, it's actually a lot of fun and they are very practical for indoors shooting. I shoot my 1200 fps .22 airgun in my basement into a block of soft wood, have never had any danger our accidents.

You get the mechanics of shooting without the risk and noise of "real" firearms.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>35049396
>implying I'm not larping as a britbong
>>
>>35049410
>1200 fps .22 airgun

supersonic air rifes huh

"Then in the mid-1990s, the Koreans came here with powerful rifles, such as the Career 707, which could shoot .22-caliber pellets at speeds in excess of 1,200 f.p.s. The race for high velocity was on! Unfortunately, nobody was asking whether these guns were accurate at those speeds.

As it turned out, the guns were accurate, but with pellets that were so heavy they slowed muzzle velocities down to subsonic levels. However, that wasn’t what people wanted to hear, so the report went out like this, “A Career 707 is very accurate at long range and it will shoot a .22-caliber Crosman Premier in excess of 1,200 f.p.s.” Yes to the first statement and also to the second, BUT NOT TOGETHER!

Now, here’s the real crusher. It may be that a super-powerful rifle will shoot a certain pellet faster than sound and also be reasonably accurate at 50 yards! How can this be? Well, not every group will be accurate, but you may get one out of five that looks great. So the owner of that rifle posts that one group on one of the chat forums and talks about it as though he always gets groups that good. In truth, he might be able to shoot much more accurately with a heavier pellet, but the muzzle velocity will not be as impressive. So, that’s his story and he’s sticking to it!
"

read

1200 fps lump of shit

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/03/why-cant-i-go-supersonic/

Why can’t I shoot pellets faster than the speed of sound? There’s a question that pops up all the time, so I thought we’d take a look at it today.

airguns are fine for plinking and maybe rabis (but really should be more than 12 ft/lbs)
>>
>>35049435
R E D D I T

S P A C I N G
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMNC_RzOsI

I'll be wayching you boy....
>>
>>35048685
ask anyone with a 6.5 creedmore about the 6.5 creedmore
>>
>>35049441
there you are prancing like a tit
>>
>>35048716
Why don't they actually teach her how to fight
>>
>>35049478
because they want to fuck her
but you already knew this
>>
>>35049474
The fuck you on about boi, I just got here
>>
>>35049259
JMB can take the backseat and rest peacefully in his grave with the knowledge that I'll buy some of his guns after I've gotten my subsonic crow, fox and roe deer holocaust enabler, project safari/magnummongo rifle, and my ye olde click click boom boom shotgun gun and a complete tweed wardrobe to go with it.
>>
>>35049261
Living the fucking dream.
>>
>>35049356
>air rifle is best shot from a battery hold
Does not apply to CO2, pumps, and PCPs.
>>
Hi-Power and Steyr M9.
>>
>>35048685
No. Air guns are fun and useful niche weapons. Air gun users are the fucking autists. Jesus Christ, they're worse than Glock fags, but with less reason. You can take the same g17 and use it for ccw, target shooting, operating operationally, and killing goddamn bears. Is it the best tool for the job? No, not even close, but it will do in a pinch, same as most firearms. A .177 or .22 caliber air gun, on the other hand, just does not have the same versatility. God help you, though, if you point that out to an airgun fag.
>>
>>35049259
The CZ's probably closer to what JMB wanted for the HP than the HP itself.
>>
>>35049356
Oh shit, you mean you might have to adjust your grip and stance when shooting a new weapon? Fuck me, stop the presses.
>>
>>35049410
I do something similar with a suppressed 10/22. Freaks out the visitors, but fuck 'em
>>
airguns are cool but fudds hate them.
>>
>>35049312
10 ft/lbs .22 is decent enough for most small pests, rabbits, rats, pigeons, etc but I wouldn't do crows with an air rifle. I agree; you want to use shotguns on them. You're also better off with a .22lr for the small pests but sometimes getting permissions is more hassle than it's worth, especially if you just want to do some bunny bashing.
>>
File: zczx.png (658KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zczx.png
658KB, 500x500px
>tfw American adult
>not in a nonfree state
> best option to get into guns is air rifle
>that one guy who has a massive hateboner for them and posts on all the threads
>>
>>35048838
idk about you man, but ive killed alot of animals with BB guns and .177 idk if ive killed a crow, but def some large squirels and the like.
>>
>>35048698
CZs are a hipster gun not a fedora "class is for men" gun. That would probably be a Hi-Power or something older.
>>
>>35048698
That's not the 1911

Although the 1911 is more like the katana of the gun world
>>
>>35052493
>1911 is Kahana
I'd rather go with revolvers as katanas
>>
>>35052520
Revolverfags aren't as autistic though
>>
>>35052520
This, they'd attract the same crowd as katanas and lightsabers.
>Not as clumsy or random as a semi-automatic. An elegant weapon... For a more civilised age
I can feel the tipping from here.
That said, >>35052545 is on to something - Authentic revolver enthusiasts aren't spending time shitflinging about how classy or elegant or relevant revolvers may or may not be, unlike new fanboys who got one because of some movie, videogame or ideas about what a gentlemanly weapon it is.
That said, the supremely gentlemanly weapon would be a matched pair of single shot match- or flintlock dueling pistols, rifling entirely optional, but entirely unsporting.
Think about it!
>From the most civilised time when people said "fair maid" and died of scurvy
>One shot is all you need, m'shotplacement
>Complicated operation lets you feel smug over people who choose the easier alternatives
>Fuckin huge, can fit fuckoff huge engravings of scenes with dragons and shit on them
>>
>>35052520
Doesn't quite fit, revolverfags don't constantly try to present their shit as the best. Meanwhile
>muh glass rod
>muh glass rod
>muh glass rod
>muh glass rod
>muh glass rod
like every modern hammer fired handgun doesn't have a good SA trigger pull.
>>
>>35052411
Yeah, I saw your "fair and balanced" thread yesterday. You faggots heard something you didn't agree with and sperged out like the cancerous little autists you are.
>>
>>35053156
Irony
>>
A-yo.
What's a decent air rifle brand, or model?
Like, I know Daisy is everywhere but I don't know if they're just mass produced shit or something.
>>
>>35049353
Everything I've ever hit with .22 has died. Squirrels, hares, birds, chipmunks, snakes etc. An airgun in .22 will work great for any small pests imo.
>>
>>35051151
Sure, a firearm has versitility at the higher end of the spectrum. But, an air rifle has specific pros and versatility too.
For example, you can pick up 500 pellets for less than $10.
You can also plink all day in your back yard with an airgun even if you have neighbors.
You can discreetly hunt pests with an airgun.
>>
>>35048838
Wrong. When I was younger I had an airgun in .177, I used it all the time to kill crows that would fuck shit up in our garden. I killed just about everything up to a small raccoon that kept stealing our cat food. It was pretty powerful for an airgun though, it would go through sheet metal quite easily.
>>
>>35055017
This is me. >>35051231
Airguns can be fun, but there's nothing they can do that a traditional firearm can't do a little better.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.