[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone actually shot pic related? Does it even exist? I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 26036.png (131KB, 443x300px) Image search: [Google]
26036.png
131KB, 443x300px
Has anyone actually shot pic related? Does it even exist? I just want a 1911 with a sane capacity that isn't stupid expensive. Inb4 "remshit."
>>
Pretty sure it's built on old para ordnance tooling.

Remington acquired para and tons of people instantly adopted the shitty customer service. They dissolved paras shop and were having the guns sent to different smiths subcontracting to Remington. Guns were getting lost/broken/butchered etc.

All this, and para really wasn't very good to begin with.

I've been wanting a high cap 1911 for awhile. Decided for the money to just buy a glock 41.
>>
>>35047619
That's what I heard, but Remington has been saying that they've worked out some of the reliability issues.
>>
>>35047489
That's the R1 Tactical model pictured. It's a single stack .45acp.
>>
>>35047489
One of the only advantages of the 1911 in this day and age is its relatively slim profile. Making it double stack takes that away.
>>
>>35047659
That and over a century's worth of spare parts and aftermarket parts to allow you to do just about anything with it.
>>
>>35047648
There is a double stack version as well.
>>
>>35047648
No it isnt. It is very clearly a double stack.
>>
>>35047619
Para ordnance was one of the most sought after 1911's for their feed throat or some shit. They made later budget models which is all faggots know. Way better than rock island and people tout those cheap potmetal fucking guns as being great and "reliable"
>>
>>35047489
STI or getting a Caspian built are probably the best bet for a double stack. Both will be reliable, accurate and hold more than enough ammo. Both will be really expensive too. Honestly a single stack with 10 round magazines should be enough. That's how much most double stack .45s hold, i.e. the HK45, P227, PX4, M&P .45 2.0, CZ 97 B.
>>
>>35047659
I agree I have a Para P14, one of those deployment edition pistols Para offered military units. It's generally my least favorite gun, too big, bulky, and heavy. Sure the recoil is less but I'd rather it would still have been a single stack. 1911 design just isn't made for double stack, it's just too bulky. The mag springs Para used are god awful as well, mine are all in catastrophic failure mode and some were never used much at all.

I can only imagine how shit Remington's version is, everything they touch they destroy. I've never seen a modern company have so many QC issues right out of the box. Stay far the fuck away from Remshit
>>
>>35047960
I hear that the original para ordnance, I think in Canada, was a good piece.

Had problems when they became para USA.

I really wanted one cause I lived in Charlotte, and they were stamped charlotte nc on the frame. A friend bought one and it never made it thru a full mag.

I would put the extra money into an sti double stack. But, even the sti guns are known to need the magazines "tuned" to be reliable.

I love my single stack 1911s, but got the glock because I just don't want to have to fuck with it. Rather be shooting.
>>
>>35047489
Just buy a regular ruger sr1911 and get a 10 round single stack extended mag.

Or get a P227, which is a better double stack .45 than any 1911 will ever be.
>>
>>35048305
Had a ruger. Worst built 1911 I've ever encountered.

Have posted pics here before. Long story, but nothing in a ruger is fit properly. They drop in every part. It's a crap shoot on whether or not you get one that functions properly.

I'd buy kimber over ruger, and that says allot.
>>
>>35047960

The "pot metal" rock islands are actually quite nice. Smooth function, good triggers, clean machining. The only thing not nice about them is the rough parkerize. But I don't suppose you'd know that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.