[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My local gun superstore seems to have purchased a shitload of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Glock.gif (4KB, 313x79px) Image search: [Google]
Glock.gif
4KB, 313x79px
My local gun superstore seems to have purchased a shitload of police trade in .40 cal Glocks.

They're running a sale where you get a Glock 22 Gen 3 with factory night sights, a box of hollow points, a pistol safe, a holster, a cleaning kit, and a 30 day range pass, all for $330 plus tax

Convince me not to buy a Glock in the worst caliber
>>
Georgia bros be advised: it's Adventure Outdoors in Marietta. I didn't want to shill the place in the OP but this is pretty decent.

I'm pretty sure Atlanta PD unloaded their Glock .40s and these guys must really want to move them for a quick buck.
>>
>>35044913
That's not terrible for a prollem solva. You'll just have to convince yourself to own
>.40
>>
>>35044913
Do it. Run the math on the real cost difference between 9mm and .40, it's not that bad ($50@1,000rds) and .40 is a much better defensive round than 9mm.
>>
>>35044913
Fucking do it. Stow it in the safe, take it to the range if you get the iych, but sit on it. 40 stays on the shelf during panic periods, handy to have something that can make use of it
>>
>>35045030
Also a G22 can take a factory G32 barrel and run 357 SIG (the two guns are indentucal apart from barrel), or you can get a 9mm conversion barrel
>>
OP here, this is the advert, scroll all the way to the bottom

https://www.adventureoutdoors.us/current-circular-i-125.html
>>
Perfect thread to hijack...
I was thinking of getting a Glock 35 and then a 9mm conversion barrel.
I like the idea of a slightly larger grip and heavier barrel.
but how do mags work? would i fill .40 mag with 9mm or does 9mm mags fit in 35 grip?
thanks,
also OP should buy, you can always sell for a profit later
>>
>>35044913
>They're running a sale where you get a Glock 22 Gen 3 with factory night sights, a box of hollow points, a pistol safe, a holster, a cleaning kit, and a 30 day range pass, all for $330 plus tax
Good deal, but not crazy good. Keep in mind that the night sights will be dim. On posurp Glocks, the night sights are often dead, although I doubt they would advertise these guns like that if they were too dim. $330 is about what you'd pay for the gun if you bought it online, not on sale. On sale, expect to find them for around $300 or a little under. A box of Golden Saber (25 ct, probably) is really worth more like $15-20 at any gun store, not $45. You can get police contract overrun Federal HST for $16-18 per boxes of 50 online, so only average value with the hollow points they are including. If you really want a mini pistol safe, maybe that's a value. The cleaning kit is probably very cheap. The range pass is nice, although it stands to reason that someone who can only afford a $300 gun probably won't be able to afford the ammo to go shooting more than once or twice a month anyway. Again, it is a good value, but don't lose any sleep if you miss out on it.
>>
>>35046951
>but how do mags work? would i fill .40 mag with 9mm or does 9mm mags fit in 35 grip?
the magwell is exactly the same.
you can just shove 9mm in 40 mags and they will feed with like 97% reliability. there are minor issues like if you drop your mag bullets will spray everywhere.
you need to swap out the ejector for 98% and run actual 9mm mags for 99.99999%
for range use its good enough
>>
>>35047256
Hmm, i was under the impression the grip was slightly wider to accommodate .40.
this changes my plans, thanks.
>>
>>35044913
you're gonna want to change out that op rod and barrel when you get it. other than that, the deal is a steal. go for it.
>>
>>35047318
the 17,34,22,35 frames are identical except for ejector and recoilspring
>>
Just get a 9mm conversion barrel and some 9mm mags if you hate .40 so much
>>
My local p.d. sells all their surplus to drug cartels.
>>
>>35044913
I would take that deal if I was local, and I don't even like .40

I have noticed that .40 doesn't move off the shelves as fast around here, so despite it being a bastard round i think there might be some practicality to owning one for ammo diversity reasons.

Fuck, I might buy a pair, esp if they let me stack the range passes.
>>
>>35047318
>Hmm, i was under the impression the grip was slightly wider to accommodate .40.
the entire point of Short and Weak was to run the mild 10mm loads the FBI was using in a 9mm frame more suitable for the majority of their agents.
>>
>>35044913
Sounds worth it. Even if you don't shoot it much it's a great deal for a problem solver.
>>
>>35044913
>.40
>Worst caliber
>.45 GAP exists

.40's only a bit more expensive than 9mm, anon. Go for it. If you really want to be a cheap fuck get a conversion barrel and proceed to give less fucks.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.