[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have any tutorials/tips for archery? Using an old compound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: archer dude.jpg (81KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
archer dude.jpg
81KB, 718x960px
Anybody have any tutorials/tips for archery? Using an old compound bow, with hopes of hunting with it.
>>
Nope. But as someone building a pvc bow I want same advive
>>
>>35044739
Why wouldn't you just make one out of wood? it seems like a similar amount of work to make it out pvc as wood, and wood has to be superior.
>>
>>35044716
Any specific questions m8?
>>
>>35044716
compound bows are for gays.

If your bow is more than a staff and string, you fucked up.

get a horse bow/ recurve bow git gud then get and English long bow.
>>
>>35044846
Not particularly, I'm really in the beginner stage. just want some direction. For reference, I have the bow, 5 arrows, and a target.
>>
>>35044889
You sound like a gay it's not the year 1200 of our Lord Jesus Christ anymore nerd
>>
>>35044894
Watch a video on you tube about form then practice that without worrying where you hit for 30 days. Especially about releasing by pulling your arm back and not pulling the trigger
>>
>>35044889
I plan on getting a longbow once I work some stuff out with the compound. But hunting season is almost here and I dont want to miss out because muh honor
>>
File: best-archery-gloves-review-1.jpg (21KB, 998x558px) Image search: [Google]
best-archery-gloves-review-1.jpg
21KB, 998x558px
>>35044925
>trigger
>implying I have money to buy that shit
>>
>>35044772
Because getting and cutting pvc is way easier for me than getting and cutting good wood
>>
>>35045143
Do you live in a fucking city? How is pvc easier to access than wood?
>>
>>35045748
Do you think bows are made of just any wood?
Pvc is way easier even at that my guy
And before you respond:
THIS is what you're going to throw a fit over?
>>
>>35044889
Longbows are only good for for drop shooting if you're going to target shoot or hunt and have to be purity fag a recurve bow is better in every way (although obviously still worse then a compound bow).
>>
>>35045748

>how is pvc easier to access than wood
>what is a hardware store

yes my local hardware store carries the finest specimens of yew
>>
>>35044716
Don't aim it at your foot with an arrow drawn.
>>
>>35045748
Home Depot and a car.
>>
>>35044889
/thread
>>
>>35045990
>yes my local hardware store carries the finest specimens of (you)
What could have been.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCufXwwtJmZWDzjdHXeWYO0w
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>35044953
Look m8, triggers work wonders for compound bows. They make fist size groups at 20 yards turn into dime sized groups. Just make sure you use it with a D-loop with it, like this one.
>>
>>35044716
Learn to make your own bow & string & arrows.
Then learn to shoot it.
Satisfaction from this is exponentially greater than anything "bought" can bring you.
>>
Thanks for the tips everyone
>>
>>35047120
>the frustration of having to learn all of this at once, and for the archery having to learn with things made by an unskilled amateur will make sure you quickly give up on the whole thing
>>
>>35044772
>similar work

...no. Just...no. You can throw a PVC bow together in 20 min.
http://poorfolkbows.com/oak.htm is not 20 min of work.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.