[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the only way to counter a well placed, trained sniper to sacrifice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Sniper.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Is the only way to counter a well placed, trained sniper to sacrifice men to discover his position?
>>
thermal imaging
>>
>>35043151

Then we shoot every civilian laying down within range?
>>
Does bobbing an empty helmet up and down just a bit above a wall still work?
>>
>>35043141
UAV
Recon scouts
counter snipers
>>
File: Battle buddy uses.jpg (98KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Battle buddy uses.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
>>35043141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWoBtcFw040

You can track the muzzle flash and sound. Also >>35043151 and modern technology save us a lot of pain.
>>
>>35043141
Bomb the fuck out of him
Thermals
Using the age old helmet trick and the like
Capture his friend and put him in one of your uniforms
Teleport behind him
>>
>>35043157
Well you can look to see if he's holding a gun and is constantly adjusting, peaking, and staring directly at something for a decent period of time. Even easier if there is a muzzle flash and gun shot coming from that direction.
>>
>>35043157

How many civvies do you expect to be laying in the prone position in a given area?

Also muh pocket quad copter drones.
>>
File: Crazy drop.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy drop.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Where do they learn this?
>>
>>35043240
I love these. Anyone have the one where the guy is on a cell phone and get shot through the neck?

Tbh that is a sick af bolt action too.
>>
File: Don't use a selfie stick.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Don't use a selfie stick.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>35043275
I've got the selfie-stick one
>>
>>35043199
Every fucking one of them.
Stand up and fight or lay the fuck down so you dont get in my field of fire.
>>
File: I don't even.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I don't even.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Someone explain to me what happened here
>>
is this tracer rounds? what the hell?
>>
>>35043172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYexhTCJTFQ
>>
>>35043330
>Someone explain to me what happened here
CGI. ISIS has a pretty visual effects department.
>>
>>35043330
Nerve gas
>>
>>35043141
>Is the only way to counter a well placed, trained sniper to sacrifice men to discover his position?
Not at all. Armor exists. Smokescreens exist. Aircraft and artillery exist.
>>
>>35043141
what are mortars?
>>
>>35043439
Banned by R.O.E. in most areas except for bumfuck posts in the middle of the desert.
>>
>>35043452
Bullshit
>>
File: 1503997178039.jpg (103KB, 602x521px) Image search: [Google]
1503997178039.jpg
103KB, 602x521px
Use autonomous nano bot munitions that trace the human central nervous systems electrical system frequency!
>>
>>35043452
But what about arty?
>>
>>35043288
>gets up and runs

How?
>>
>>35043476

Can't speak for Afghanistan, but for Iraq, the three-four-one's were fucking useless anywhere near populated areas because they weren't allowed to do their job.

>>35043503

Get it approved by higher and you're good. By the time that happens, enemy's moved on, assuming there even was enemy in the first place and it wasn't Texas Red just popping off at the hip again because he hasn't had a hit in three days.
>>
>>35043516

>MY GUN DOES 120 POINTS OF DAMAGE, HIS HP SHOULD BE DEPLETED

Real life ain't like vidya, tubby.
>>
>>35043516
honestly the vast majority of these propaganda vids show misses or hits that don't even result in casualties. They look cool, and whatever group shooting can edit in special scope effects, but it doesn't mean they're getting kills. It's just propaganda to show to your soldiers to hype them up, and propaganda to leak to the enemy to make them scared. They make it look all cool and like a hollywood movie for that exact reason.
>>
>>35043330

My only guess is that the bullet hit just the right angle to slide against the skull instead of penetrating it.
>>
>>35043172
Have human eyes changed significantly in the past 50 years?
>>
>>35043330
Most likely explanation I've heard is that when the bullet impacted, the tracer material broke off and made that weird arc.
>>
>>35043240
What kind of rifle is that?
>>
>>35044600
Homemade
>>
>>35043516
From the looks of it, punched right through him and went flying off into the dirt. I'd imagine it didn't yaw too or nothing, resulting with just a pin hole. Still sucks to get shot in the chest, but better than getting shredded.

If you watch hunting videos, animals shot in the lungs can still run a short distance before collapsing.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.