[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason not to buy pic related. Also parts kit building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Capture+_2017-09-01-18-58-35.png (484KB, 1440x2417px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-09-01-18-58-35.png
484KB, 1440x2417px
Give me one reason not to buy pic related. Also parts kit building general I guess.
>>
>>35042752
How about two?

1, No barrel.(apparently)
2, mags are getting scarce.

Otherwise, BUY IT.
>>
the tools you need to build it will cost more than just buying a completed rifle.
>>
>>35042752
I would just get the HMG kit if you have the tools. Has all the parts you need to make the gun and make it compliant.

If you don't have the tools or access to them why bother in the first place.
>>
>>35042761
I was thinking about getting one for me and my dad actually. Mags seem available on Apex's website. I'm assuming the CETME C mags don't interchange with HK.

>>35042786
What are we talking here? My dad has a lot of tools (Works on cars and built his house), and he even has a welder available. Are these more or less intensive than a CETME L build?
>>
my experience with CETMEs is that they're complete shit
>>
>>35042752
do it.

PTR barrels will work in the trunnion. if you use one of the older PTR barrels from esarco, you'll have to use a PTR front sight post.

you can either bend the plat with the jig, or do it by hand. pinning the barrel isn't too hard.

it can use g3 mags.

and g3 furniture.

you can use either a cetme flat or a g3 flat.

just fucking do it already.

you best be good with welding though.
>>
>>35042761
wrong.

>>35042786
wrong also
>>
>>35042902
current receivers can utilize both Cetme magazines and HK magazines. The only real things you need to make it easy is the flat bending jig and barrel pinning jig. both can be bought from robertrtg.com for soemwhere around 350-375. flats can be had for around 70 w/o weldmens kit, about 120-140 with weldmens kit. barrels can be had for around 100 from esarco. theyre the older design PTR barrels that have a thicker profile and utilize the 15x1 muzzle thread pattern. the correct hk from sight post can be had from hkparts.net for around 50. or you can have the fron have of the barrel turned down to fit the cetme front sight post. hk rear sights with base can be had for around 25
>>
>>35043800
So if all of this is the case, would I be better off just buying the cetme L kit from HMG and building that? Could I use that jig with this kit if I get both?
>>
>>35042752
As someone who constantly sits around telling people they can do shit, no.

It's $220 for the cheapest receiver and then you need a welder and knowledge of how to weld.
This is all fine and good if you have a welder and shop press though.
>>
>>35043953
Already have a welder, I watched Ian's series on the CETME L build, I figure it can't be too much different especially if I take a look at other CETME C specific tuts.

Other anons pointed out its like 70 for a receiver and 130 for one's with the weld assists. I'll ask you though, should I just buy the full CETME L builders kit instead for 800?
>>
>>35044006
>builders kits
>ever
No.
Just get the regular kit, a barrel, etc. and have at it.
There are stamped flats that you could probably jerry rig into the weldable form with nothing but shit from Home Depot.

Pls post thread when you do.
>>
>>35043829
unfortunately no, the flat bending jigs are not the same between the C and the L. the L has a squared off top of the receiver where as the C has a rounded off top of the receiver.

>>35043953
nigga wut. go to robertrtg or hkparts.net. go to there flat and parts kits page.
>>
>>35044006
if you go this guys route, >>35044061, there are to flats on the market. HMG and some dude from AZ. don't get teh one from the shop in AZ. it's nowhere close to being usable. get teh flat from HMG. Also, esarco has Cetme L barrels for something like 165ish.
>>
>>35043690
wrong
>>
>>35042752

APEX ain't got shit this year. Pretty disappointing.

>tricking me into buying a CETME kit

LOL
>>
>>35043316
CETMEs are shit because they're built by Century chimps. The design is solid (made by Walther engineers) and the original guns worked well.
>>
>>35042761
>4 dollar mags are getting scarce

oh no
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.