[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I get more money selling a gun at a lgs or at a pawn shop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4841.jpg (240KB, 1920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4841.jpg
240KB, 1920x1000px
Would I get more money selling a gun at a lgs or at a pawn shop? I'm in a predicament and I need some quick money, can't wait to put it on a site likes armslist and wait for bites.

Also where can I sale loose ammo?
>>
>>35035902
You're going to get ripped off hard, best to trade it to a friend for the cash you need then pay them back later.
>>
pawnshops and most lgs give you about the same id go with pawn cause you can get it back
>>
>>35035902
Both will shank you overall, though pawns will shank you harder if you're trying to pawn it straight for cash. Both generally will offer consignment sales, but they will cut anywhere from 15-30% of the sale price as a selling fee to host and showcase the gun. Your best bet is to find gun forum for your state and sell it private party at an agreed upon location like a gun store or something that allows ffl transfers. You pretty much only go pawn or consignment if you absolutely need to move your gun in a hurry and can't afford to wait a week or two to list and sell your gun.
>>
>>35036200
Oh and further warning against consignment sales. Many gun stores in an effort to ensure that your gun wasn't stolen or acquired illegally will hold your sale money from anywhere from a week to up to a month in some cases before they release it to you. This is sort of their way of making sure they don't get caught holding the bag selling a hot gun so take that into account if you go consignment.
>>
ILL buy IT FOR A MILLENIAL DOLARS
>>
>>35035902
gun store is your best bet, what do you have and where are you, someone here might be interested.
>>
>>35035902
I traded in my 1 year old Glock 17 at a local gun store and what they gave me fell short of what I needed for a new Glock 19
>>
>>35035902
Just put up for cheap on armslist, it'll probably go quick
>>
>>35036409
Arsenal slr 106 fr, not a lemon one
600 rounds approx through the barrel

I live in Georgia near Athens and I'm the second owner, I have transfer paper for it as well
>>
Anywhere will give you chump change compared to just selling it yourself.
>>
>>35036877
Make a profile on akfiles and put it up for sale for $850-900 and someone will jump on it pretty quickly.
>>
>>35036906
What if I want to sell 6 Bulgarian circle 10 mags gen 2 with it?
>>
>>35036924
You said you wanted it to move fast. That's more than a gun store will give you. If you feel it's worth more than that with the magazines then that's your call.
>>
>>35036924
Consider making two seperate listings on AKfiles. One for the ak and one for the mags. Though try to sell a package deal first and then try selling separate. Sometimes folks don't want to purchase that many mags at once with the gun, you'll probably get people asking to separate the listing.
>>
Alright I made the listings, thanks guys
>>
>>35036969
Alright, I'll probably just throw the mags with the $850 and need to make a sale fast. Shit is a good deal if you ask me. Those mags are like $45 a pop.
>>
>>35037027
Good luck man, you should move it quick, there's always demand for solid aks.
>>
File: IMG_9893.jpg (144KB, 1024x1546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9893.jpg
144KB, 1024x1546px
>>35035902
go to your LGS and brag about fighting in iraq. make up some special forces unit you were in and tell lots of detailed stories. come back in the next day and tell them you wanna sell one of your war trophies. show them the gun (whip it out fast from concealment) make sure its loaded, too. don't want them to think you're a pussy. they're gonna give you a good price because you're an hero and american warrior.

.t gunshop employee
>>
How much should I sell the Bulgarian mags for a piece? The 5.56x45 mags are all out of stock on k-var
>>
>>35036221
Guy might be facing real hardship. Shut the duck up.
>>
>>35037090
Now That's What I Call NEET! Volume 26.
>>
>>35037703
Well if you need to move them quick, offer something like a 10-15% discount off of what KVAR is requesting, that should move it quick, also include a further discounted offer if someone buys the whole lot, so if you were originally offering each for 45 a pop and had 10 to sell, offer the whole package for like 375-400 or something if someone's willing to buy all 10 at once.
>>
Guys, OP here. I need some more help. I have someone interested on akfiles he has positive feedback. Says he would pay through PayPal, but I never shipped a firearm, so what all do I need to do make sure everything goes smoothly. Do I take the rifle to UPS and have them box it up and have it shipped to the buyers ffl? Does the buyer send the money first?
>>
>>35038013
You need to box it up yourself. Have him email you a copy of the receiving shops FFL, put that in the box with the gun along with a bill of sale (bill of sale isn't a law, just good practice). You have to take it down to your local UPS hub since the UPS store won't take it and have them ship it. I always tell the person I'm shipping a gun so they can treat it appropriately since they ask anyways. Insure it, and send it on its way. Usually costs about $30. Give the buyer the tracking #. I'd wait until he paid through paypal, but I've shipped and gotten payment when I send the tracking number so it's what your comfortable with as a seller.
>>
>>35035912

This x100, I've bought from my friends who played me back later twice now.

You're going to get like 30% of the guns value at a shop, sell to a friend for half on the condition you can buy it back at same price
>>
>>35038013

Atlanta here on a half day of work. I'd drive out and buy that sucker with cash this afternoon. Would low ball the hell out of you though. Best of luck.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.