[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Stupid shit you used to think/believe about guns when you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: autism.png (92KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
92KB, 259x194px
ITT: Stupid shit you used to think/believe about guns when you were younger

>I used to think gas-powered meant the rifle was powered by gasoline when I was a kid
>>
i used to think everyone saw firearms as a tool of self defense or were just confused about them.
>>
>>35028398
Shit man, don't remind me
>>
File: bolt.jpg (30KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bolt.jpg
30KB, 1000x1000px
>bolt-action
>>
>>35028395
i've been a medievalfag since i was a wee lad so i never really saw the point in dishonorubru ranged weapons
but i used to think that mechs were viable military vehicles
>>
>>35028395
.50 AE = .50 BMG
>>
>>35028395
These threads are stupid. You either knew about guns as a kid, or didn't give a shit. "I didn't understand" just means you were stupid, and still are.
>>
>>35028395
Only stupid thing I did was want to play "show and tell" with everyone who would humor me. Now I realize how cringe it was for an 18 year old to go showing off a single shot shotgun to anyone who'd listen.
>>
I used to think that if flamethrowers had their tanks shot at the tanks would burst into flames.
>>
I thought you load a pistol though the ejection port.
>>
>>35028555
thats vidya for ya
>>
Pump action shotguns were pumped like my BB gun.
>>
When I was a kid and watched war movies and documentaries, I was constantly worried that making all the bullets out of metal would be way too expensive and wasteful in a real life situation. I thinked that using blanks would be a better option, because then you wouldn't waste metal and would still be shooting anyways. I also thought that the soldiers should pick up their empty mags from the ground. I saw it as littering and pollution.
I was a weird kid.
>>
>>35028559
The Steyr M1912 would like to have a word with you.
>>
>used to think pump action shotguns were spring loaded and you only had to pull the pump back and then the spring would drive the pump forward again on it's own.
>>
>>35028546
i bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>35028555
It's possible since there is an open flame involved. It's far away, though, so it would be like a 1/10 occurrence.
>>
File: 1504131012960.gif (496KB, 247x236px) Image search: [Google]
1504131012960.gif
496KB, 247x236px
I thought the whole round shot out, I was so confused when my dad was shooting and a hot piece of metal landed on my forehead. I thought he shot me and I was too stronk to die from bullets.
>>
wow kids are fucking dumb
>>
File: 84654dsv655.gif (263KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
84654dsv655.gif
263KB, 480x479px
>>35032587
>wow a still developing child doesn't understand the way a certain device works
>>
File: GR8vpap.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
GR8vpap.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>>35028413
>>
>>35032630
just making an observation
I don't remember much from my childhood
thread makes me wonder how moron I was
>>
>>35032665
You were very moron and you still am moron
>>
File: 1420094536016.jpg (955KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1420094536016.jpg
955KB, 1920x1080px
>>35028395
>grow up watching future weapons
>see the cutting edge of military tech
>Americas the best so obviously everyone has XM8s and ACRs and AA12s and those cool grenade launchers that blown up in the middle of a room

i grew up to learn most aren't issued the old beat to fuck M9s and carry a beat to fuck M4 or M16

I miss being young
>>
File: 1500576156253.jpg (51KB, 800x777px) Image search: [Google]
1500576156253.jpg
51KB, 800x777px
>>35028431
>i never really saw the point in dishonorubru ranged weapons
same, I had zero interest in firearms until I actually fired one, I found them boring, and I hated seeing actors running in a straight line and not getting shot in movies, I'd rather watch a sword fight where the opponent is allowed to show some competence before the MC chops him down.
>>
>>35032016
>60% more bullet per bullet
>>
>>35036303
Exactly that.
>>
Despite seeing a couple of people with hunting rifles, I thought all firearms were just illegal until I was 20.
>>
I didnt understand the concept of hollow points.

The only hollow points I would ever shoot would be 22lr and 22mag. I didnt ever really think about why they are different, just thought they were more aerodynamic or whatever and never really questioned it.

I actually remember looking in a gun magazine and seeing an ad for hollow points, it had the rounds fully expanded and I thought to myself how stupid it was because the fired bullets that I would find were always so fucking mangled and ripped in half.

We shot at the range for fun, not for hunting or for training for self defense.
>>
I thought double-action revolvers cocked themselves after each shot, like a SA semi auto. And that the buffer tube in an AR was a shock absorber.
>>
Leaf here. I thought Americans could own all kinds of fun assault rifles and shit. Even earlier, I didn't even realize gun law was a THING. I also thought headshots were a thing that moderately skilled marksmen could do consistently in a fight, and that all sniper rifles were .50cal.
>>
>>35034107
>future weapons

god I remember seeing the episode with the AR chambered in .308 and .556 and thinking WTF aren't we using them
>>
>>35036572
Same here. I thought in the USA you could just throw in a minigun into your trolley with you pizzas at Walmart.
>>
>>35037086
It isn't the wonderland a younger me thought it was. Still, as a Leaf, I am jealous of the fact that, though it costs an arm and both legs, Americans can still own full auto guns, have CCW/OC, magazine caps are nonexistent or at least higher, and you don't get assraped in prison for 25+yrs for defending yourself.
>>
>>35028638
So what do you do for a living now anon?
>>
>>35028395
You retard...
>>
>>35037506
The full auto giggle-mode weapons true cost too damn much, but CCW is either free or $100 roughly for a class and permit depending on state, OC is nice and easy, in plenty of states long guns are as regulated as a flashlight (as in not), and I can't comprehend living in the like 3 places with magazine caps when I love throwing a double drum on my SPR and just spending an hour plinking a few hundred yards out.

Move on over, leaf, come enjoy some freedom.
>>
File: elmerfud-and-bugs_7487.jpg (131KB, 350x345px) Image search: [Google]
elmerfud-and-bugs_7487.jpg
131KB, 350x345px
I used to think putting your finger in a barrel would cause the gun to backfire.
>>
>>35039343
I study literature, why?
>>
>>35039811
I thought you may gotten 'inspiration' to become an accountant.
>>
>>35029257
oddly enough i thought this, too
how weird
>>
>>35036433
i always thought hollow points would be aerodynamically unstable because the hole in the front of the bullet would act like a bucket where air would collect and not be able to flow around the bullet, thus causing turbulence and tumbling.
i know they aren't, but i would still like to see what a HP looks like in a wind tunnel
>>
>>35036365
are to a bong?
>>
>>35029257
>>35039988
They could be made to work like that, but you'd fight the spring when ejecting
>>
>>35028395
I thought that shooting was much easier than it actually was. I thought it was pointing and pulling the trigger, didn't know how sights worked, correct stances and trigger pulls, and that each model of gun (let alone individuals) has its own quirks and nuances
>>
>>35028398
> or were just confused about them

I've never met an anti gun person who had even an elementary knowledge of firearms.

I'm convinced that it's a fear reaction out of ignorance more than anything. Like a child who is scared of the dark.
>>
>>35028395

>.50 caliber muskets were as powerful as .50 bmg rifles
>The deagle shot .50 bmg
>All semiautomatic rifles were blowback inb4 G3
>full metal jacket was a colloquialism for Vietnam like how the sandbox refers to Iraq/mid east
>All soldiers shot on full auto on their M4/M16s
>>
>>35036461

The buffer in the buffer tube is kind of like a shock absorber
>>
>>35036575

>.556
>>
>>35028395
because the animations in Perfect Dark were weird, I thought you had to just pull on machine pistols as part of reloading them.

Seriously for whatever reason the CMP150 doesn't have a slide or visible bolt handle or cocking lever or anything, but the player character still tries to pull it like a pistol. Which is weird because the pistols do have slides and they're modeled and pulled normally.

Also because I had never used a gun other than my shitty old BB gun until pretty recently in life, I always wondered how the fuck you were supposed to align sights correctly because in CoD and stuff there's always tons of space around them between the posts. It took handling a real gun with sights other than notch/post to realize that vidya producers dont model sights correctly at all

>>35029257
>>35039988
wtf i still thought this until now, or at least that theyd be easier to close than to open

>>35028398
wow so precocious such mature for age
https://twitter.com/wokechild
>>
>>35028395
I grew up in a noguns household. I was in denail about the limited capacity of magazines and did all sort of mental gymnastics to convince mysellf that, for example an M16 could fire at least 100 bullets before reloading.
>>
>>35039811
Shit, man, I didn't expect to see another lit student on /k/.
>>
>>35043193
How did you do that?
>>
>>35036461
>And that the buffer tube in an AR was a shock absorber.
wait doesnt the weight that go in there usually literally have a rubber bushing in it that acts as a shock absorber?
>>
>>35043193
this except im canadian and thought the P90 could carry 80 rounds in it because it could in GoldenEye and that shit was the coolest stuff ever and I wanted one when I grew up.

Then my dad told me they're illegal and to get a different gun instead.
>>
>>35043234
in a nutshell: I imagined that it had some special kind of very small bullet that was stored like a spiral.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.