[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of micro missiles? Pic related, Russia's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: ekrana-2017-08-24-v-9-06-36.png (442KB, 472x746px) Image search: [Google]
ekrana-2017-08-24-v-9-06-36.png
442KB, 472x746px
What does /k/ think of micro missiles?

Pic related, Russia's Bulat. Doesn't look HEAT or Thermobaric, what does it do?
>>
>>35027952
>Doesn't look HEAT
it does
>>
When will Russia finally be able to produce fire and forget top attack missiles?
>>
>>35028000
When your missiles can penetrate enemy frontal armor there's no need
>>
>>35028007
It's not just a question of penetration, but also one that gives you the ability to conduct NLOS attacks.
>>
Here's the toy sample.

Note the size difference with the Kornet missile.
>>
>>35028013
Difference in doctrine. A Kornet-D can fire 2 missiles at a target at the same time, this is far cheaper than a single Javelin. Yes, it's not true fire and forget and also not top attack but it's cheap and easy to train on. They can be mass produced easily especially if you have little money to buy or train people to use them.

Also for NLOS they already have Hermes-A and shitloads of Grads.
>>
>>35028013
>but also one that gives you the ability to conduct NLOS attacks.
they have MRLS and SPG
>>
>>35028042
I hope you're talking out of your ass, and that's not their actual doctrine, because that's, like, beyond retarded.
>>
>>35028013
>NLOS attacks.
How do you do that when you need LOS to send data to the seeker?
>>
>>35028000
When shooting enemy with thermal matrices become cost-effective.
>>
>>35030401
LOAL
>>
File: CUDA air to air missile.jpg (176KB, 640x1103px) Image search: [Google]
CUDA air to air missile.jpg
176KB, 640x1103px
Did someone say missile spam?
>>
>>35033257
How does that work for an ATGM?
>>
>>35030401
Javelins do not need line if site after the initial lock on target. They are entirely self guided
>>
>>35028030
The problem with SACLOS is jamming. F&F let the firer run, go prone, or just die without affecting the outcome of the tank's death.

SACLOS lets the tank jam the guidance unit (which is necessarily in direct LOS) with GPMG fire.
>>
>>35033846
>Javelins do not need line if site after the initial lock on target
Yes, as I said. You need LOS to send data to the seeker. Fire and forget isn't the same as NLOS targeting.
>>
>>35028042
I hope you're talking out of your ass, and that's not their actual doctrine, because that's, like, beyond retarded.
>>
>>35030329
>>35035597
why did that post twice
>>
>>35028000
its called the Sokol-1 ATGM.
>>
>>35033339
If you know there is tank behind building, hill, trees or something but don't have line of sight, you lock missile on that building, hill, tree line or something and update targeting to actual target once missile has enough altitude for establishing line of sight to that target.
>>
>>35035612
>>
>>35033339
afaik the designator derives a position and relative azimuth which CLU interprets and instructs the missile seeker to track in a particular direction and look for the designator's signature. This way the missile can clear any obstruction and lock onto a target after launch.
Essentially it's COLOS until the missile comes within LOS of the target, at which point it's ACLOS or IR passive, idk
>>
File: long neck atgm.jpg (461KB, 621x1004px) Image search: [Google]
long neck atgm.jpg
461KB, 621x1004px
>>35030401
>>
File: miniature hit to kill.jpg (57KB, 752x423px) Image search: [Google]
miniature hit to kill.jpg
57KB, 752x423px
>>35033270
RIP ;_;
>>
>>35033900
Fire and Forget can still be countered by APS or smokes. And the Kornet-D can still move around making the so-called 'jamming' by GPMG harder.
>>
>>35027952
For fighting in cities.
>comrade gunner do you see those apartment blocks?
>Yes commander
>I don't want to
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.