[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Gunbroker wants me to surrender my ID and shit because they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: webley 4.jpg (69KB, 926x522px) Image search: [Google]
webley 4.jpg
69KB, 926x522px
So Gunbroker wants me to surrender my ID and shit because they can't "verify my identity". I've never bought a gun online before but I want to start trying it out, anyone know of any alternative sites? Cause I'm not about to do that. Pic unrelated I just thought someone might appreciate an old webley.
>>
The fuck are you talking about. They barely ask for any info when you sign up. I've bought two guns off them.
>>
>>35026293
You just send them a scan and then they unlock your account. Everyone has to do it too.
>>
>>35026312
Then they were able to "verify" you identity. I think it has to do with the fact that I recently moved into a new apartment or something. I heard that they started to run identity checks through Equifax on registration now, and if it doesn't come back clear then you have to send proof of address and all.

>>35026313
I honestly thought I was getting phished at first and was on the wrong site somehow. I've never had to do this on Ebay and other auction sites so it seems really strange. I sent them an email to see if I can just send them a picture of some letter or something I received instead. Besides, my license currently has a different address on it anyways because I just switched apartments.
>>
I never had to give my info and I live in Canada. They made me answer a question about why I wanted to join though, which was a little weird.
>>
They also ban "public" email addresses. I thought that meant like burner or throwaway sites, but no, they mean no gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc.

Well what the fuck else is there?
>>
>>35026628
Well if you're a homeowner then your ISP gives you an email address usually. IE if you have Cox you might get "[email protected]" or something. This is what they mean by "nonfree". I agree that it's retarded though.
>>
>>35026628
They don't "ban" them, they just charge you a dollar to use it.
I use my gmail just fine on GoBroker.
>>
>>35026293
i didnt have to verify until i started selling
my guess is this is your first time using a computer at all
>>
>>35026689
Hey man don't go around insulting my intelligence. I have a 4 year in CS I think I understand how to operate a computer just fine. As soon as I registered I got hit with a prompt that says my account failed validation and was flagged by their security system. Now I'm not sure whether this only stops me from selling, it doesn't say, but I admit I haven't tried to buy anything with this flag on my account. So maybe I can, is that what you're telling me? Because in the customer service emails I've been sending back and forth that doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe you just registered before they started doing this?
>>
File: GBerror.png (51KB, 1312x756px) Image search: [Google]
GBerror.png
51KB, 1312x756px
>>35026689
I mean if you want proof, here it is. Anytime I try to click on anything related to my account it cock blocks me lmao. If I try to click on a watch list etc, I end up here.
>>
Last try, are there any real GB alternatives? Or is it the only reliable one
>>
Sounds like you were trying to pull a scam and got caught and now you want /k/ to help you get over. Or you are just a dumbshit (or both).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.