[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the cheapest i can find a over under double scatgat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: car.jpg (169KB, 916x615px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
169KB, 916x615px
whats the cheapest i can find a over under double scatgat?

love that style
>>
>>35025961
New about $350.

Used, if you're willing to take a gamble on the lockup being safe and/or whether it was proofed for smokeless powder, sub-$100.
>>
>>35025986
I disagree
>>
>>35026092
And why would you do that?
>>
>>35026092
>https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_37_591/products_id/33255/Hatfield+USF12W+Field+OverUnder+12+Gauge+28+2.75+Wood+Stk+Black+Rcvr
$335, free shipping, assuming you live in a non-cucked state with low transfer fees, about tree fiddy all told.

You can find old Stevens O/U's for around $100 in pawn shops. Most of them are in either horrible shape or have worn-out lockups though. Every once in a while you'll trip over a lightly-used Tristar or Baikal for ~$150.
>>
What's the appeal? Why not buy a pump? Or traditional double?
>>
>>35026721
dicks ig uess man
>>
>>35025986
>lock up is broken>>35025986

MEME
just use duct tape
>>
>>35025961
I got my Stoeger for $300 and I love it to bits

>>35026721
>how dare somebody wants something different from the things everyone has
>>
>>35029432
So it's just hipster shjt
>>
>>35029432
>why won't everyone respect my inadequate out dated weapon that's more expensive than the new and improved versions reeeeeee
>>
>>35030974
>>35030630
Fuck off
>>
>>35031322
Fuck me Fuck you
>>
I kinda wish we'd use over unders for breaching instead of 870 shorties. Seems worth the tradeoff to have a lighter, simpler gun that you don't have to rack instead of having one extra round. Also you could cut the barrels off at a 45 degree angle which would look tite af
>>
>>35030974
>>35030630

It's not like it matters.

I don't know OP's situation, but I have a pistol and a rifle. Boom, there's the 'practical' shit out the way. Why worry about how 'practical' something you're never going to use for 'practical' reasons is? All any of us are gonna do is make it go bang at a range. People who actually use their guns don't get to choose them they get issued. Seriously, fun things are fun, nogunz faggots get the fuck out.
>>
>>35031680
You're an idiot.
There's nothing fun about it
>>
>>35031845
Fuq....
>>
>>35026721
An O/U handles better than a SXS. Also, instant barrel selection, with two different chokes or even loads being possible. Pump does not have this.

If you're bird hunting that can be extremely handy. Pumps & autos are typically limited to 1+2 capacity anyways when hunting.
>>
>>35032341
????
Even shit pumps take 5+1
>>
>>35032361
fuck off
>>
>>35032361
someones never legally hunted with a shotgun
>>
>>35032735
>hunting
Who gives a fuck
>>
Anyone have more over under to look out for ?
>>
>>35025986
Gamble?
>>
>>35025986
How do I check?
>>
>>35031625
Why
>>
>>35033911

Load shell, pull trigger.

If you still feel your hands and face, you're probably good. Unless all you feel is pain, in which case it didn't go as bad as it could have.
>>
>>35035142
Why the bully
>>
>>35033666
Old guns got shot a lot. Some designs prevent the #1 sign of the lockup being worn out, the top lever going past center, from showing because there's a physical stop.

>>35033911
>step 1
Open the action and try to turn the barrel assembly side to side. If there is noticeable wobble or play, the hinge is worn out.
>step 2
With the action open or with the barrels and forend removed from the action, observe the face of the extractors/ejectors and the surfaces of the locking lugs. If they are cracked, severely dinged, or have pieces missing out of them the gun is unsafe to fire. If there is a severe ding at the top of the top barrel or on the breechface above the top chamber, the lockup is worn out and the barrel assembly is impacting the breech face.
>step 3
Close the action and observe the side of the receiver. There should be a hairline of light visible where the back of the barrels join the face of the receiver. If there is no hairline of light visible, or the line gets wider towards the bottom of the receiver, the locking block(s) is/are worn out.
>step 4
With the action closed, look at the locking lever. If it is not at least *slightly* to the right of center, it is either worn out or built incorrectly.

MOST O/U shotguns can be rebuilt or repaired, however it is rarely worth the time and money to do so as it requires either dovetailing in or welding on new steel. Some of the ultra-cheapshit shotguns have cast receivers and cannot really be repaired.
>>
>>35035498
Man, I'm fucked....
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.