[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the highest level of Military-esque training you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: kYUt21C.jpg (311KB, 800x783px) Image search: [Google]
kYUt21C.jpg
311KB, 800x783px
What's the highest level of Military-esque training you can get as a civilian? Is it possible to get extremely proficient at oper8an with just civi training?
>>
File: 3fe81db01c886eb8c12859d4da0c5a5a.jpg (423KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
3fe81db01c886eb8c12859d4da0c5a5a.jpg
423KB, 1024x647px
>gonna post some shit to get the thread going
>>
File: 1501609780752.jpg (33KB, 550x432px) Image search: [Google]
1501609780752.jpg
33KB, 550x432px
>>
File: 1502929259963.jpg (15KB, 526x167px)
1502929259963.jpg
15KB, 526x167px
>>
No.

If youre paying out of your own pocket and in your own free time, the training isnt operator and you have no practical operator experience applying your skill.
>>
File: 1502494023079.png (1MB, 801x714px)
1502494023079.png
1MB, 801x714px
>>
Honestly I think the best type of training is combat.
>>
>>35025736
Makes sense. I guess it does matter since I'm not going through any actual training where I can't just quit out if I get a carpet burn. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>35025794
Very true. Combat probably ingrains some things that can't be ingrained any other way.
>>
>>35025682
You can pay out your ass. Hell, pay me.

You'll never know unless you were facing death. You think I'm cool? Because I went to war?

I'm not. I'm emotionally scarred man. It's anything than cool, I'd trade places with you anytime.
>>
>>35026103
Shit like this is why I can hold my head high when I say I've never seen combat. Took me a while to grow up, but I've matured enough to know it's not worth it to be in the cool kids club. I served my country, but I'm POG as shit, and happy with that.
>>
>>35025682
No, since you're probably never going to see someone shooting back at you (for starters). You can be a mall ninja if you want to "impress" people and be "opr8r" but you won't be practically exceptional. I'd say that simunition training is the very least you'd need, and people to drill against who are better than you, to have a chance of reaching a real pro's level, on a really bad day for them.

Carbine courses and the like only take you so far, while knowing the motions has value, being able to go through them and return fire against non-cardboard targets is a whole other level. Something most (>99%) people won't take the risk to teach you.
>>
>>35026103
Christ. I didn't mean it that way, man. I know my words mean jack shit, I know I don't know you, I'm not gonna tell you that "It get's better", but I am gonna say that I'm sorry you had to go through that shit.
>>
>>35025682
Hunting. It teaches tracking, ambush tactics, marksmanship, proper use of camouflage, orienteering and utilization of gis intelligence, survival, patience, and how to kill without hesitation. Will you be able to go toe to toe with any killer in the world? Probably not. Will you be able to go toe to toe against anybody in your own back yard? Almost certainly.
>>
>>35027553
this
>>
>>35025682
The whole point of military, SWAT, or even Special forces training is that you use your skills to support a larger team. As appealing as the fantasy of a lone gunfighter dispatching groups of enemies is, no one operates alone in the real world. They're being supported by other units, fire support, intelligence, etc. It's like Patton said "all that individual heroism stuff in the Saturday evening post is a crock of shit, and the fools who write it don't know any more about fighting than they do about fucking".
>>
>>35025682
no because the best training is on the on the job training aka fng deployment
>>
>>35027641
Oh yeah, I'm not one for lone wolfing. I know it's a deathwish. I'm also not trying to go take on random armed people with superior skills or what not. I just love the art of being "tactical" for lack of a better word.
>>
>>35027641
This.
>>
>>35027641
This man knows what he is talking about. But if you are searching for the solo survival stuff, you are your only resource. If you plan on having no back up then you must plan tactically in your surroundings. Find a mid/long range gun your are proficient with and a side arm you are deadly with and plan survival. If you want to be a solo oper8or then your firearms are your last resort.
>>
>>35027815
To add to what I just posted. Honestly the AR/k/ was a civilian go to for survival. Those who are lucky enough to have it are prepared.
>>
>>35027840
I heard about the ar/k/ lots before, and I'm pissed I never got a chance to dl it
>>
Required reading for people ITT

https://americanhandgunner.com/are-you-training-for-fads-fantasy-or-a-fight/
>>
>>35027840
It's not the same as the do/k/ument?
>>
>>35028591

not a bad article
>>
Do you know any green berets?
>>
>>35028614
I wish.
>>
>>35028614
Who are you asking? Yes, I do. Or rather, I did.
>>
>>35028602
>>35028563
I have the do/k/ument, the MEGA file, everything a /k/ommando needs, and the AR/k/ all downloaded on my home comp. I'm filtering through duplicate files and reorganizing it. Slow AF since i forget to do it all the time.

Some other guy came on last year and was doing the same thing, posting a consolidated file. But i didn't grab it and i know know where to look except maybe archives.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.