[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>school isn't going well >Life is in a rut >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: m1a2-sep-v2.jpg (97KB, 743x456px) Image search: [Google]
m1a2-sep-v2.jpg
97KB, 743x456px
>school isn't going well
>Life is in a rut
>No job
>Don't see myself doing anything in the future
>I don't want to become a NEET
I think I'm going to enlist in the army as 19K. I've always had an interest in the mechanical aspect of things, and of course I fucking love tanks. I just can't stand the thought of me not doing anything in my life, maybe I'll gain some insight while I'm in.
Already posted in /meg/ but I could use some more input.

An I making a grave mistake?
>>
Do what you want the Army is fucked anyways because we let too many retards in now fuck you I don't care anymore.
>>
>>35023015
Why so angry anon
>>
>already posted in the containment general but i want to have my own special snowflake thread for my garden variety problems of the ordinary retard
>>
>>35022946
Unrelated question but what are the rails that go along the barrel on the top .50?
>>
>>35024613
i'd imagine it makes it easier to handle when it gets hot
>>
>>35024613
>>35024675
The rails around the barrel of the 50 cal in this picture are for a device to fire blanks.
>>
File: m1_abrams_l1.jpg (23KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
m1_abrams_l1.jpg
23KB, 500x365px
>>35022946
If you're life is about to go absolutely no where the fine do the military. But, get a short contract in case you change your mind and don't want to be in long. Do give college your best before you commit.
>>
>>35025968
define short contract; I was thinking of doing the basic 4 years and then getting out.
>>
>>35025995
there are 3 year and (very rarely) 2 year contracts for combat MOSs like 19K.
>>
>>35026014
really? never knew that. is there any difference between them (other than the time)?
>>
>>35026028
2 year you won't get college benefits but it's obviously short AF. Again, they might be gone but they used to be a thing.

Also, you're set on 19K? Training for that will be nice because you won't have basic + your MOS school (AIT), you will have instead OSUT. It means one station unit training, so where you have your typical 9 weeks of basic and then after one weekend you will jump right back into training with the same barracks and drill sergeants to learn your job rather than flying to some shit hole state to learn how to cook or manage microsoft excel for instance.
>>
>>35026198
I think that if I go in, I'm set on tanking. I didn't know that stuff about the training, is there any reason for that? Sounds nice, wonder why other MOSs don't do it.
>>
>>35026230

Because most MOSs require a lot more technical instruction and have much longer training pipelines.

OSUT only works for relatively simple jobs.
>>
>>35022946

If you fail hugely at school and getting a job, then why would the army want you?
>>
>>35022946
Shit, go for it. What ever gives you a leg up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.