[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey random question here. I have an older bird hunting shotgun...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hey random question here. I have an older bird hunting shotgun... When it is not loaded... And i turn it straight up and down either way....(barrel up, barrel down)... I hear somthing "sliding" up and down within the gun... What is this? Is this normal?
>>
File: wiley-wallace-painting-6.jpg (232KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
wiley-wallace-painting-6.jpg
232KB, 775x775px
>>
>>35022547
Possibly a round restricter that's loose. Also, no such thing as bird shotgun, depends on round you use.
>>
>>35023499
Oh. Its just really long. Not ideal for home defence. How bad is this issue? The thing being loose. Can itbe fired safely?
>>
>>35024266
We need more information. Is it a pump shotgun? Do you know the brand or model? The other person is saying it could be a plug in your magazine tube that's loose. It should be fine to fire if that's the case.
>>
take a picture of the gun
>>
>>35024266
if it is a dowel to restrict capacity its perfectly fine if a bit annoying. if its something else making that noise you probably have issues or a broken part.
>>
>>35024317
Yes its a pump. I actually cant get to it tonight its my fathers gun and i noticed the noise the other day when i was visiting him.
>>
>>35024396
The last time it was fired was many many years ago (like 15). Worked fine then and has since just sat in the "man cave" hung up on the wall. My dad is ex military so despite not shooting the gun in soo long he always kept it oiled up and such. I just happened to oick it up the other day to look at it and noticed the sound.
>>
Yeah it's just a small dowel rod they put in the pump section in the middle of the spring. You can unscrew the bolt on top and itll slide out and increase your round capacity. It's about the size of a pencil.
>>
>>35024901
Soo everything is in working order as it sits?
>>
>>35027095
Yep. Most states have restrictions on the number of rounds that can be used for hunting birds and shit, often 2 + 1 loaded. Since most pump shotguns can hold more than that, they just put a piece of wood in the magazine tube so that you can't load more than two rounds.
>>
I have the same issue with my dad's old hunting shotgun(sliding noise whenever I tip the gun up or down) It's a Mossberg 935. I figured that he just did something wrong while cleaning it and planned to fix it whenever I got the time. If it's just a round restricter, I'll just leave it be.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.