/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, let's say I'm conceal carrying and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0399.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0399.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
Hypothetically, let's say I'm conceal carrying and working at a convenience store and a guy armed with a gun comes in to rob me. Let's say I pretend to acquiesce and let him behind the til to empty the cash register. Let's say I happening to be standing behind him as he's emptying it and I mag dump into the back of his head. Would I go to jail for murder?
>>
>>35020246
>back to you
>occupied with the till
>commits suicide with 5 shots to the back of the head

Seems alright to me
>>
>>35020246
If it's a nigger and you're white you're prob in deep shit. I'm not white so i'd go for it.
>>
He's gonna reach across the counter. Just let him have the money, you make minimum wage. You don't need to risk your life for 100 dollars they'll make before 8am tommorow.
>>
>>35020246
It will probably depend on the judge.
Also, one shot? Probably fine. Ten? Probably not.
>>
>>35020283
This
why the fuck would you risk getting charged with homicide over a dumbass minimum wage job.
I would recommend it only if you save a round for yourself afterwards.
>>
>>35020246
All the other anons are retarded.
You are stopping the threat. You shot until he stopped being a threat. You don't know if he was going to turn around and shoot you anyway.

>>35020276
The whole white vs black BLM bullshit only has to do with white looking cops.

>>35020283
>>35020313
Kill the scum. We don't want that shit on our streets.
>>
>>35020246

Are you reasonably in fear for your life or grievous bodily harm? Then you're fine. As long as you don't have a Punisher back plate on your Glock brand Glock. Then you're going to the gas chamber.
>>
>>35021270
A good prosecution would try to spin it as you executed a poor innocent man no longer a threat to you. Regardless of who is "correct", the prosecution will try anyway. In some cases they succeed.
>>
>>35020246
You would NOT go to jail. He is still in the process of committing a violent felony. Just because he isn't in the position to shoot you AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, doesn't mean he is still not a lethal threat.
>>
>>35020246
It varies from state to state. Country to country.

In a sense at the moment he is digging through the register he doesn't present any immediate threat to you, therefore shooting him would be illegal. You have no reason to believe that he intends to hurt you, otherwise he would have done that before turning his back on you. The money isn't yours and even if it is his life is worth more than the contents of the register.

That's how it would be seen in California at least. Shooting him in the back would land you with voluntary manslaughter at least. You would still be in the right to shoot earlier when he's pointing the gun at you because that's an issue of competing harms. In that instance you're acting to defend your life, not property.

Now in Texas for instance, different story. Their system doesn't give a crap about the value of a criminal's life. He forfeited it from the instant he opted to commit a crime. Now I'm not sure about a fleeing shoplifter, since that's a misdemeanor but an armed robber you can definitely shoot. Even if he's outside the store. The rationale is that you can't be sure that he won't change his mind and shoot you or return later with the same objective. This policy also acts to dis-incentivise violent crime in the first instance by raising the stakes.
>>
>>35022316
This, also it depends if your work does allow you to carry because that might be a whole other legal snafu if they don't.
>>
>taking a bullet for 200 dollars max in the register for a job that pays $8.50/hour and eats up all your free time to find better jobs

Whatever gets your rocks off I guess.
>>
>>35021270
It's not about killing "scum" or whatever. You think it's gonna play out like how you fantasize but the truth is that dude might shoot you first. Then what? Best case scenario you either make a full recovery, worst case scenario you lose the ability to move from the neck down and have to shit in a bag rest of your life. Over what? 100 fucking dollars in a job that I already know has the "just give him the money" policy.

You'd be a fucking retard to risk your life over register change. Real niggas come in every day and write down when the safe drops are made, and by who, then park in the parking lot waiting for them to come out with the bag going to the bank drop. They got what? 16-20 grand if your in a decent location? Only fucking crack heads (who are jumpy btw, and desperate, I'm serious, give them the cash) rob the register.
>>
>>35022316

We're talking about America not commiefornia. Your gun laws are absolutely fucked and you don't deserve to even leave your opinion in this thread you faggot.
>>
>shooting someone when theres nothing to gain
work is gonna fire you, you risk him shooting you if hes perceptive, its not your shit being stolen and all you have to gain is a news story talking about how you shot some dumbass.
>>
>>35022335
Usually that becomes a question of being fired/wrongful termination. IE civil law. I suppose in California carrying illegally at work without permission from management could manifest as a separate criminal charge. They'd have to be desperate to throw that at you, but if it's a media circus you bet they would.

In short it's probably not a good idea to shoot someone in an anti-gun jurisdiction unless you absolutely have to.
>>
>>35020246
Why bother unless you own the store?
>>
>>35022427
There are other states such as NJ, NY, IL, etc. that have the same interpretation. Probably many more besides. It's relevant to point out that laws and interpretation on this matter vary from place to place.

Not knowing where OP lives it would sure be stupid if he acted out his power fantasy working as a gas station attendant in Chicago and then ended up getting butt-fucked in prison for the rest of his life.
>>
>>35020246

just wait until he starts turning around

otherwise since he is armed and has already threatened your life i think you are good to go no matter how you shoot him

but don't wait until he is running out the door then it is too late
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.