[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ how do you survive in a post apocalyptic world? http://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0017.jpg (31KB, 174x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
31KB, 174x290px
/k/ how do you survive in a post apocalyptic world?
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_weapons

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/A_Boy_and_His_Dog

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Road,_The

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Mad_Max:_Fury_Road
>>
Be a hard worker, be friendly but suspicious to strangers, and have valuable skills to offer.
>>
File: minutemen.jpg (706KB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
minutemen.jpg
706KB, 2559x1439px
>>35017621
rebuild society with agrarian communities and militias instead of being an antisocial marauding maniac like half the preppers I've met.
>>
>>35017621
The Road is a more vivid picture of the US would it become a 3rd world shithole (more than some parts are now t b h) due to some catastrophe like in houston or new orleans

Mad Max is more like what the average idiot on /k/ thinks such an occurrence would be like.

The road is what the average person thinks it will be like, and I have seen a boy and his dog but it is probably more closer to reality.

Water, ability to purify it
sustainable food
hygiene
shelter (warm or cool)
protection

starting with the most important to the least that is the list of important shit when it goes south

as far as protection (which is the only thing anyone cares about I know) would be probably mostly Shotguns and Hunting rifles for people protecting their homes and handguns for anyone who is stupid enough to be out and about with the occasional AR-15.

Ammo is what you have, no you WILL NOT scavenge ammo off of dead thugs or raided police stations or whatever other fantasy you have in your head, someone will have already taken it or have already killed that person for the sole purpose of taking it to begin with. You have what you have.

Depending how long the disaster is, you need a substantial amount of food and water, hopefully non perishable food or sustainable food at that, and hopefully clean isolated water sources

Hygiene is more important than anyone cares to admit, but in the 3rd week of something like katrina youll be suffering bad if you dont have at least a warm wet towel and some liquid soap to wash yourself.

Shelter implies power if you can get it, so a generator is an insanely good idea, as well as a back up generator that is hopefully quiet, and that you hopefully have enough juice for. Theres nothing worse than being stuck in a house with 90 degree weather outside and no AC or even fans.
>>
>>35017669
>The Road is a more vivid picture of the US would it become a 3rd world shithole (more than some parts are now t b h)
Implying America isn't a third world country
>>
>>35017769
Just the inner cities really
>>
>>35017639

I'd opt for living in one of these, maybe open a bar.
>>
>>35017669
>as far as protection (which is the only thing anyone cares about I know) would be probably mostly Shotguns and Hunting rifles for people protecting their homes and handguns for anyone who is stupid enough to be out and about with the occasional AR-15.
>occasional AR
What is this? 2009? You'd be surprised how many ARs are owned by the gun owning communities these recent years due to the oversaturation of the market. Other than antigunners being whining children and fudds being fudds, there's gonna be alot more AR15s out there than you think.
>>
Your best bet for survival would be to group together with local survivors and kickstart society again.

They had bronze age trade networks long enough that Cornish tin was reaching Egypt. I think with scavenged technology organised society would re-emerge in some shape or form. Have guns and you get to be in the elite class. Important things would be agricultural knowledge, and technical expertise. Then the ability to defend the group, so guns & training.

It wouldn't make sense to go mining for materials straight away when they can be scavenged, but that would only last so long. You can't scavenge food for long though, so farming would have to come in pretty quickly.
>>
>>35017843
But mainstream news said no one buying guns
>>
>>35017843
no it isnt

every "gun guy" owns an AR-15

and we have more guns than people

but those are "gun people"

If you factor in that those people have at least 5 guns, the amount of people that have AR-15s or guns at all, slowly become a minority.

Otherwise the NRA wouldn't have to keep asking you for money, because almost everyone would be in it by your logic.
>>
>>35017887
i think that society following SHTF would be like a modern feudalism where militias and warlords rule over agrarian communities.
>>
>>35017669
Dude, an AR is about as common as a glock.
>>
>>35017669

This whole post is Beta as fuck...

My Closest ROTC garrison is like 100% vulnerable nearby. HMVV, ammo and weapons abound. One SINGLE cyclone fence and no barbs. Probably a dozen officers and some days a hundred ROTC fags...

The NATN'L GAURD armory is a different story. You need to lead a fucking serious raid. Lots and lots of diversionary tactics, ambushes and finally a charge to the fucking doors with a couple heavy haul trucks to break down the entry. There will be a firefight, a negotiation period, and a takeover. The other option is that backups arrive from over 600miles away and you scatter like roaches.
>>
>>35018265
read
>>35018193

>>35018329
>My Closest ROTC garrison is like 100% vulnerable nearby. HMVV, ammo and weapons abound. One SINGLE cyclone fence and no barbs. Probably a dozen officers and some days a hundred ROTC fags...

Nice

someone will have gotten to it before you

or youll die getting to it because youre not the only one going for low hanging fruit.
>>
You wake up.

>>>/x/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.