[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/s thoughts on VR shooting games? Clearly .webm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Ninja Shotgun.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Shotgun.webm
3MB, 854x480px
What's /k/s thoughts on VR shooting games?
Clearly .webm related is a grounded weapon handling simulation
>>
>>35016508
>What's /k/s thoughts on VR shooting games?
Absolute shit? I think that would describe them adequately.
>>
Utter shit. VR in general is shit, but shooting games in particular feel like especially wasted money. Could never get immersed because there's always an input lag or lack of finesse to the controls that reminds you you're waving plastic around in an empty room. I'm gonna wait until the big releases like Doom and Skyrim VR show up, but if they suck then I'm selling the whole thing.
>>
>>35016508
That looks so clunky, wow.
>>
>>35016557
>Could never get immersed because there's always an input lag or lack of finesse to the controls that reminds you you're waving plastic around in an empty room
>he bought a vive
i don't feel sorry for you.
>>
>>35016508
>buying games made by kikewire
>>
File: VR CUCKED.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
VR CUCKED.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>35016508
Playing ace combat in vr is pretty cool
>>
>>35016736
Its not even necessarily about the hardware, its the whole way is set up where every shooter has you moving by pointing a laser and teleporting, which is the most artificial method possible for a technology that sells itself on making you feel like you're really there. You'd think that someone would have made a controller with an extra thumb stick for movement or something.
>>
>>35016508
When technology in vr advances to a point where I can walk, lean and duck in a way that feels natural, in games that are made for vr and not shoehorned watered down "stand still and shoot baddies" versions of existing games it might be worth it. As it stands though the technology isn't there. Using a controller to walk is immersion breaking, and teleporting is disorienting. I can think of better ways to piss away 800 bones
>>
>>35016904
onward and pavlov do not use teleport move. what games are you playing? oculus touch has analog sticks on both controllers aswell. vive wands can simulate analog with the track pads though i'm not a fan of them.
>>
They tried to do VR type shooting training when I was in the Marines. It was like a bad carnival game where you know your shots weren't recorded accurately and you want your quarter back.
>>
>>35016508
they are fun. I see them as a less autistic alternative to airshitting although i wish that most of these games had stronger haptic feedback.
>>
>>35016962
army still uses them if you're talking about the projector screen with the fake guns. i bet they payed thousands of dollars for that shit too. DOD is run by suckers.
>>
File: 1427387884548.gif (2MB, 346x230px) Image search: [Google]
1427387884548.gif
2MB, 346x230px
>>35017059
Yeah, that gay shit. I did it once in the Delayed Entry Program way back in 2006. Then once in the fleet.

It's massively innacurate. They probably did spend a thousand dollars, but on the books probably charged a million. I've played arcade games more accurate. Shit, I've played original Nintendo more accurate.
>>
>>35016904
teleportation controls exist because traditional moving has a high rate of motion sickness.
>>
>>35017180
in recent months devs have been adding traditional locomotion because they realized that most people get over the motion sickness phase and hate teleporting.
>>
>>35016897
As is Elite Dangerous
>>
>>35016897
>>35017303

The single good thing about this latest VR attempt is the end of the great sim drought.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.