[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /k/'s thoughts on Navy EOD? I got offered an EOD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: EOD_pic.jpg (46KB, 698x391px) Image search: [Google]
EOD_pic.jpg
46KB, 698x391px
What is /k/'s thoughts on Navy EOD? I got offered an EOD contract for the Navy instead of SEAL. Does EOD still forward deploy? How is EOD school like academically and what does it entail?
>>
File: 1497974209072.png (237KB, 588x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497974209072.png
237KB, 588x434px
>>35016420
EOD school is difficult I think the fail rate is like eighty percent
As navy you're going to have to do extra shit like underwater demo before you get your crab
It's my favorite military mission explosions really get my Dick hard
Before you ask I didn't make it
>>
>>35017091
How was it? What did you and most guys have trouble in?
>>
why isn't the EOD suit, power armor?
>>
>>35016420
So much Moneyyyyyy
>>
>>35016420
I was Army EOD, so I can't speak for the Navy specific questions, but I was senior badged with deployments and attachments to all kinds of shit yadda yadda. The core of the school is identical for every single branch- classes will actually have a mix of USMC/USAF/USN/Army and you'll be in mixed teams during your exams. I don't have experience with the USN dive portion although I did get dive training later in my career. Lot of EOD friends in multiple branches still, since the EOD connection is often a lot deeper than connection to people of other jobs in your own branch.

For the toughest parts, it is the initial stage where the expose you to live explosives for the first time. Some people have excellent book knowledge and are motivated to do the job, but once you put a blasting cap in their hand it suddenly gets "too real" and they just can't stop shaking.

Next big cut point is the .50 cal test, which has to be the single most autistic test in the school. Not physically hard, but very, very nitpicky in terms of procedure and knowledge.

After that people slowly slip away in random spots. I'd say may air ordnance is the biggest filter. Once you hit IEDs, most of the people who weren't going to pass have already failed out.

Back in the day, in the Army, you were made to take a pre-test at an EOD unit before being signed on to the course. In this test we made people wear bombsuits and MOPP gear and run around doing some basic things. A surprising number of people couldn't handle being in the bomb suit, and didn't make it to the course for that reason. If this isn't done anymore or isn't done by the Navy, I'd expect a failure bump in the IED section when people have to wear the bomb suit for projects. That suit + florida sand and sun sucks.
>>
>>35017097
Not him but for army EOD the failures comes from munition identification and memorization. Things like mines and mortar rounds. Their are a lot of different kinds.
>>
>>35016420
Isn't Navy EOD UDT as well? So basically SEALs anyways?
>>
File: 1495648766068.jpg (130KB, 528x810px) Image search: [Google]
1495648766068.jpg
130KB, 528x810px
>>35018752
>>35017097
What this guy said is right
I went through in 13 and what got me was ground specifically rockets and projos
From what I remember most people failed in ground, air, or ieds
It's as easy as you make jyst do what they say as they say it and read the nine line
The thing that really got me was test anxiety. Since I had never given a shit regarding tests and what not I had never had to deal with a test where I cared about the outcome. But I suddenly cared about paying and having this kick ass job. So I metaphorically tied my own shoelaces together.
Been trying to get back to EOD ever since but the air force doesn't care what you want.
>>
>>35019124
It is also about keeping a cool head. I saw somebody fail in IEDs practicals and he was instanta dropped instead of getting a second chance because he flipped out at the instructor. It was a stupid and pointless way to go.

Just have a logical plan and be able to always explain your thought process. I actually was ripping pieces of the training building apart on my IED practical, and afterwards the instructor said he almost stopped the test because he thought I'd lost my shit, but I was following a plan and that plan worked, and I was able to explain it.
>>
>>35019205
Yeah I saw a lot of guys get a shitty attitude when they failed.
But that's just life I was still pretty young and stupid and I can really appreciate my failures now and understand that they are just lessons. I'll get back there eventually.
Anyway OP anon even as a failure it was one of the coolest experiences of my life, where else is someone going to hand you a block of c4.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.