[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been told by loads of people that the Leopard is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: leo.jpg (5KB, 233x156px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
5KB, 233x156px
So I've been told by loads of people that the Leopard is the best tank in the world, but no one has ever said why. Can someone explain whats so good about it? From what I've found, I'd rather be in an Abrams.
>>
>>35016244
>I've been told by loads of people that the Leopard is the best tank in the world
Maybe by a bunch of Europeans, at best.
>>
File: Leopard2camo.jpg (556KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Leopard2camo.jpg
556KB, 1280x853px
>>35016244
I could be wrong but I think its due to cheap over head, and Krut space magic.
>>
File: Arjun.jpg (343KB, 1432x972px) Image search: [Google]
Arjun.jpg
343KB, 1432x972px
>>35016244
It's been exported quite a bit, so the spectrum of potential foreign upgrades is practically Soviet in nature as far as tanks are concerned. As opposed to the Abrams and Challenger, the Leopard can be looked at and fucked around with by quite a few nations, hence why so many modern MBTs look so much like it(pic related).

Turks are currently getting shit on with theirs, but that's pretty much par for the course with any roach tanks. Outside of all that, there really isn't a lot "great" about the Leo that isn't subjective, like just about every other tank.
>>
>>35016244
I'd rather have 4 72s instead of one House cat with cool patterns.
You can put more shit on it and if you use it properly (not driving it alone in a tight street with knowledge that the enemy has tows), you have a beast or 2 at the battlefield for a few minutes giving the troops cover and a fort.
Sure the House cat with cool patterns is more advanced but money-wise its not a lot of bang for your buck.
>>
File: XcciD8m.jpg (394KB, 1242x664px) Image search: [Google]
XcciD8m.jpg
394KB, 1242x664px
>>35016244
>muh tiger tank muh ww2 muh nazis
>muh german engineering muh german cars
>muh many built muh many sold/built under licence
>muh weight
>muh versions muh A6 big angled turret

Which means
faggots think it's still ww2
faggots think german engineering isn't a meme
faggots thing selling tanks for the price of a bean can and having them manufactured overseas means it's top notch and just not political
faggots think weight = protection
faggots think the A6 turret front is full of super german alloy to stop APFSDS while it's in fact just 3 sheets of metal designed to slow these

And here you have in a nutshell why the Leo2 is "good".
>>
>>35016244
The Leopard and Abrahams is so similar that it doesnt really matter at this point.

If you are not the US its probably better to be in a Leopard, as the export variants of the Abrahams has less capable armor.
>>
>>35017716
Also the Kike name tank will soon be on sale. The americans made too many of them and they sit in the sun. The army doesnt need them much.
>>
>>35017671

..and yet the only countries interested buying T-72 are third world countries, who either cannot afford getting anything better or are in shit-list of western world.

This while several European countries are trying to get more Leopard 2.
>>
>>35016244
They're virtually similar in capability. Leopard has a logistical advantage though due to the diesel engine.
>>
>>35017671
And you need 3x as many crewmembers. And 4x the logistics.
>>
>>35016244
The gun on the leo is though to be better. can't remember precisely but i think it's length is longer, 55 calibers or something on the leo, as opposed to 44 for the Abrams gun.
that's about it.
maybe Abrams Armour is a bit better because of DU where it counts, and perhaps the ceramic composite is better than the metals the leo makes use of, no one knows though because the exact science and properties of both armors isn't well known.
>>
>>35017774
Because none of those countries are fighting actual wars.
For the conflicts that they participate, a more expensive tank that is less likely to go boom and give better performance with an understaffed army is the better choice because all of them fit that paradigm.

Having 50 perfectly capable T-72s would be better in an actual engagement but they're never sending that over to help NATO out in McFuckistan. They'll send over a tank or two and in that situation, sending over something that can stand better its own is a better choice.
>>
>>35017716
Saudi Arabia has M1A2SA, which have DU inserts and US-level protection, though not US TUSK kits and add-on armor.
>>
>>35016282
Volkswagen cars are so shit with pollutants and lax regulation, that they couldn't make their cars meet U.S. emissions and therefore set the computers to actually report false data. The quality is also mega shit. Stop falling for the meme
>>
File: 170814_VW.jpg (761KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
170814_VW.jpg
761KB, 2000x1500px
>>35018556
>>
>>35018517
>Saudi Arabia has M1A2SA, which have DU inserts and US-level protection

You can stop lying.
>>
>>35017708
Impressive photo. Clearly shows that the blow out panel for the hull works.
>>
>>35017708
I hope the driver is ok
>>
>>35016244
It's like the M1 Abrams but faster and with more gadgets.
>>
>>35020061
I see what you did there.
>>
>>35020189
Someone will believe this.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.