[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ wear camo when hunting? Or do you just wear normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: randy.jpg (81KB, 444x441px) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
81KB, 444x441px
Does /k/ wear camo when hunting? Or do you just wear normal outdoor clothing?
>>
>>35012132
Whatever fits the weather, then a camp poncho that I can spread out to break my silhouette
>>
>>35012155
>not wearing $1000 kryptek fit
>>
What's the point of wearing camouflage when you're shooting from a hundred meters away and wearing an orange vest?
>>
>>35012293
this desu

also how dare some people not wear orange when hunting? I would by scared about some retard shooting me
>>
Most animals have shitty color vision anyway, so I just wear normal outdoor clothing. Camo is more of a fudd redneck fashion statement than a practical piece of gear.
>>
>>35012293
deer are colorblind, so orange shows up as grey for them, which is why wearing hunter orange doesn't bust people out right away while they "hunt" in their tree stands.
>>
Kuiu camo vias usually
>>
>>35012320
I see this meme is still alive and well
>>
>>35012793
>meme
>>
>>35012132
i just wear fitting to the weather. it's kinda pointless to camo up if you have to wear a fuck ton of non patterned orange.
>>
File: IMG_5330.jpg (82KB, 630x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5330.jpg
82KB, 630x339px
I like it
>>
>>35013439
>*gets shot*
>>
Depends on the hunt. Try hunting turkeys with blue jeans and a flannel shirt on.

If you're a rifle "hunter" (I consider rifle hunting to be more like shooting than hunting but I digress) then you can wear whatever you want as long as you don't let the animal wind you or see you coming from a mile away.
>>
>>35012132
I've been trying to find hunter orange camo for years. Rothco makes a pair of pants, but thats it.
>>
>>35013568
Do you shoot at things you can't identify while hunting? You should be shot by a ranger. You're hypothetically poaching every single time you shoot an un-ID'd target, and that's ignoring the fact that it could be a guy in camo.
>>
Since I've only ever hunted on Private land, where no hunters are around other than family doing the same thing, I only wear the bare minimum orange. Other than that if I have some camo available I'll wear it but mostly I just wear brown and black clothes that are warm since I do a lot of hunting prone on the cold ground.
>>
>>35013895
autism
>>
>>35012311
>tfw not required by law
>tfw never see another soul when hunting

feels good to be alaskan some days
>>
>>35014218
>>tfw never see another soul when hunting
well that's probably because they are wearing camo
>>
File: 160439_ts.jpg (58KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
160439_ts.jpg
58KB, 1155x1155px
Last couple of times I've went have been on public land, so I decided to 420 blaze orange it up, though I did wear my comfy flecktarn jacket under it.

When I go to my old man's land to hunt I usually just wear a forest green button up and a set of chapped upland pants, because fuuuuuuck Lyme disease.
>>
>>35012132
I love his show so fucking much. He can wear whatever he pleases.
>>
>>35014043
>confirming your target before you shoot while hunting
>not shooting at literal leaves and sticks with no deer face or body
>autism
>>
>>35015751
Idiot. What if you're a few MOA NEAR a legitimate target from the perspective of a different hunter and they don't see you?
>>
>>35015885
Then you get a free dose of lead or a brand new graphite appendage
>>
>>35012132
I duck hunt, so you pretty much have to be completely camoflagued.
>>
>>35013085
A meme is a piece of social information, similar to how a gene encodes a piece of genetic information
>>
>>35012132
I don't wear camp if I'm durr hunting, but I do for turkeys because durr are colorblind so it doesn't matter. Turkeys on the other hand, you've gotta be sneaky with those bastards.
>>
>>35015917
Camo goddamnit. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>35015885
If you're that close to a target, why the hell didn't you take the shot? And why would you expect a hunter to take a random shot? I don't think you hunt.
>>
>>35015938
Don't blame autocorrect for your fat fingers
>>
>>35015944
1. Not everybody is hunting the same thing.
2. Close in MOA doesn't mean close in physical distance. You could be a good distance away from a different hunter's target but still in the same line of site as the target from the hunter's perspective and be vulnerable to being hit by misses. Obviously a hunter shouldn't miss or mag dump but this isn't really something to trust your life to
>>
>>35013728
>>35015898

These. I hardly ever durr hunt these days. Get enough meat for my freezer for family. Duck/turkey hunting camo is mandatory. Doesn't need to be anything crazy but you'll be happy you bought good gear on those cold as fuck duck days on the water with ice.
>>
>>35012132
>Not sitting or laying motionless watching someone stumble around in the woods beside you not knowing you're there
>>
>>35013895
>Do you shoot at things you can't identify while hunting?

Since I also don't murder people, I guess that means I don't need a gun to defend myself.
>>
>>35012132
jeans and a blaze orange hoodie
>>
>>35012132
My marpat issued bottom cammies with a realtree jacket and orange vest.

>Inb4 real tree pleb

It's actually effective cammo. Plus everyone wears it, so I'm blending in, what NEETS call gray man.

Plus don't even get me started about the science about deers vision. They sense motion the most.

t. Your grandpa was nailing them at 50 yards before your parents siblings dripped down your grandma's legs.
>>
>>35013439
>tfw the military will never have these
>>
>>35012293
>Not wearing a deer pelt covered in deer urine
its like you dont even want to kill bambi's mom
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.