[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After playing metal gear solid how realistic is a mobile bipedal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23

File: THICC.jpg (485KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.jpg
485KB, 2560x1440px
After playing metal gear solid how realistic is a mobile bipedal nuclear weapon? Would it be worth using or would the cost out weigh the benefits
>>
I guess what Im asking is how practical would a real life metal gear be
>>
>>35011176
they're basically rendered useless by ballistic subs.
still a cool idea.
>>
>>35011176
>bipedal
it's shit.
>>
>>35011200
Why?
>>
>>35011176
>tfw no benis canon
>>
>>35011236
Quadriped on wheels is more stable by such a huge margin that it's not even worth considering a biped.
>>
>>35011197

basically this

that's why in MGS4 the only modern metal gears they were using was outer heaven, which is a nuclear submarine
>>
File: SADM.jpg (176KB, 825x671px) Image search: [Google]
SADM.jpg
176KB, 825x671px
The US army fielded at least half a dozen iterations of a mobile bipedal nuclear weapon during the cold war.
>>
Have you ever seen footage of bipedal robots trying to do basic movements? They are highly unstable and trip over themselves, basically.
>>
>>35011315
Because we suck at terrain mapping software.
>>
>>35011176
Metal.....gear?
>>
>>35011300
PMCs were using mass produced RAYs and gekko/IRVINGs
>>
File: MechProblems.jpg (241KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
MechProblems.jpg
241KB, 1200x901px
>>35011236
This image is older than dirt, but still holds.
>>
>>35011236
Why indeed? Massively more complicated than wheels while being slower, less reliable, more vulnerable to damage, etc etc. What are you getting out of leg-mounted nukes that you wouldn't get out of a tonk, plane, or missile?
>>
>>35011190
Shagohod would be way more practical just without the stupid drill treads on the front. Boston Dynamics hasn't really even been able to make a bipedal robot that can stand without supports
>>
>>35011322
Nope. We can get humvees to crawl rocks autonomously. Bipedal machinery is inherently less stable, less mobile, less efficient in every way.
>>
>Still think that MGS, MGS2, and MGS3 are the best video games ever made, in that order
>Still play them when I have free time as an adult
>Muh childhood nostalgia
>Brings back vivid memories of my father and my friends
>MGS4 was an ok game, but not that good
>hated the PSP card games that I specifically bought a PSP for
>that godforsaken fucking balloon thing
>MGS5 made me literally want to kill myself, not even kidding, almost checked myself into metal health service
Am I just an old faggot, or did shit really get that bad? Also, MGS2 made me buy an MK23 and I have an eternal lust for a krink and PSG1
>>
>>35011396
That requires terrain mapping that barely does more than exist. If we want bipedal robots to work, then we have to get machine vision figured out properly. Then it's just a matter of inverse kinematics and actuator specs.
>>
>>35011413
I should also add that I got gold ratings on MGS2 subsistence VR missions, and my first multiplayer game was MGS3 subsis5when I begged my parents for a PS2 Ethernet adapter that was as big as a shoebox and melted my carpet.
>>
>>35011413
>>MGS5 made me literally want to kill myself, not even kidding, almost checked myself into metal health service
You should have killed yourself.
>>
>>35011422
Your area of depth seems to be in video games, not in AI. The stuff you're asking about is graduate-level computer science and not nearly as simple as you expect it to be.

Just getting a quadruped to walk on something other than a flat surface is disproportionately difficult. Like thesis papers are written on a niche aspects of these subjects you're trivializing as "Just need to figure it out."
>>
>>35011422
We have it figured out the autonomous humvees ALREADY EXIST but are not in service due to the ludicrous cost it would take to field tech like this. The software works as intended. It comes down to the machines ability to apply the information the software delivers into efficient navigation. Bipedal machines are inherently bad at navigating efficiently because of the ridiculous amount of secondary hardware and software required just to keep them from falling while standing. The best robotics companies and university robotics researchers can't even make a bipedal robot that can navigate a house without overheating/falling over/falling through floors. Not to mention these top bots aren't even wireless.
Mechfags are a cancer to /k/ and should never have been allowed to post or even have a containment thread here. You have a board. Shitpost there.
>>
>>35011413
You're just an old faggot. Replay the older games and you'll realize it's still generally the same brand of Kojima tm weirdness. Issue is you had certain expectations that weren't met, partly because of how the game's development went and because you fell for certain memes.
>>
>>35011339
Those do not carry nukes and aren't strategic weapons that need to be protected. They are expendable tactical weapon systems.
>>
>>35011339
None of those are nuclear.
>>
File: 1463354306198.png (1013KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
1463354306198.png
1013KB, 800x721px
>>35011413

mgs1 and mgs2 have good stories but the gameplay is pretty shit imo, the camera angles are fuckawful

mgs3>mgs5>pw>4>2>1

phantom pain easily had the best gameplay of the series, if it actually made you want to kill yourself you should have.
>>
>>35011176
We should just use a Hind D
>>
>>35011559
3=>PW>1>4>GZ>MGR>MG2=GB>2>TPP>PO>MG1
>>
>>35011591

>gz that far ahead of tpp

but they're the same game except one costed $40 and lasted 40 minutes
>>
File: 38h to GZ.jpg (24KB, 502x125px) Image search: [Google]
38h to GZ.jpg
24KB, 502x125px
>>35011609
>but they're the same game
they should've been, but weren't.
And GZ ended up being not only a better MGS game, but also all around better game.
>Costed 40$
15 for me, because I'm not a moron.
>and lasted 40 minutes
nope.
>>
File: 1498587958166.jpg (19KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1498587958166.jpg
19KB, 222x293px
>>35011672

i paid $20, didn't regret it i put like 20 hours into it atleast.

i don't understand what you mean though, everything is literally identical to tpp (besides the single story mission) so what makes it so much better?
>>
>>35011761
You're fucking retarded if you think it's the same shit. Not only are some gameplay mechanics done better, it's overall atmosphere is considerably superior. The motion capture in the GZ is better than that of TPP, and the amount of stuff that's done with such a tiny map is pretty impressive.
>>
>>35011786

didn't really notice, what mechanics are done differently? didn't notice the mocap either

and the atmosphere? it's a tiny ass island bruh, you sure you don't just hate tpp?
>>
>>35011366
>Super prototype great conceptual grandfather is the most practical model
KOJIMAAAAAAAA!!!
>>
>>35011815
I'm not the same fag as the other guy, I just happen to agree that GZ handled a lot of things better than TPP. I enjoyed TPP rather thoroughly to an extent, however. In GZ, you can peek while crouching, and Snake will sit up a little and look over obstacles and so on, like a meerkat. There's tons of little tiny things like this that are present in GZ, but not in TPP somehow, although I guess we did get "stealth mode" in TPP. There's also way more things you can do with soldiers once you hold them up in GZ. I'm one of the weirdos who bought the game at full price on launch day and still spent countless hours in GZ figuring out every little thing that happens in the game while everyone else just kept jerking each other off about how you can beat the game in 7 minutes and how Chico was Quiet.
>>
fuck off underage faggot
>>
File: 002.jpg (88KB, 590x480px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
88KB, 590x480px
>>35011176
>mobile bipedal nuclear weapon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6uX0hODuE
>>
>>35011236
You ever had a gun jam?
You ever stalled an engine?
You ever taken 20 minutes to think of how many micro balancing actions you do when walking, how many moving bones and muscles are in your feet?
You ever wonder how you keep a 100 ton mech holding big fatty missiles from crumbling under it's own weight let alone balancing all of that shit on top of two legs?

Look at a body builder who skips leg day, he looks like he has trouble balancing, now take that and multiply it a thousand fold.
>>
>>35011413
I'm almost the same but V wasn't bad. The whole point of the game was to literally give you Phantom Pain about the series. And really, in that sense, it was really incredible. Kojima managed to make a game that made you feel something without realizing it. It's not a masterpiece but it sure was a work of art.
>>
>>35011761
>so what makes it so much better?
-Set in a closed enemy base, where you cannot just escape to the empty wilderness any time you want. Youre constantly in enemy territory, like in past games.
-No constant waiting; no waiting for chopper to land / arrive, no waiting for timers to count down, no base management crap, no grinding for plants and shit to get gear... etc.
-No tacked on MP shit affecting SP campaign.
-Actually good music and sound design.
-Actually intriguing plot and characters.
>>
File: zJqeLBE.png (313KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
zJqeLBE.png
313KB, 600x384px
>>35012180

i agree grinding became shit late game and multiplayer was a blunder overall but i'd say TPP is the better game

>Set in a closed enemy base, where you cannot just escape to the empty wilderness any time you want.
>needing to escape
just don't get caught nibba

>no base management crap
honestly capturing soldiers and base management were my favorite parts of pw and TPP

>Actually good music and sound design.

tpps soundtrack was pretty good, pretty sure it had all the same music gz did

>Actually intriguing plot and characters.

>he doesn't like angery kaz and getting revenge on skullface

characters were about the same, minus the real big boss(lolspoilers) and his speeches. i actually did miss that.
>>
>All these MGSV apologists
It was a fucking lazy game with a terrible/nonexistant story, the trailers made it looks entirely different in plot and how to was going to chronicle BB's decent into villainy but Kojima was too lazy to write a decent story for that so instead we got a boring plot, a silent protagonist and a useless twist that made the whole story invalid.
>>
>>35012298

there was no descent into "villany", big boss was never a villain.

the story isn't invalid either, it's supposed to be about big boss' exploits in afghanistan and african that made him "legendary".
>>
>>35012331
>there was no descent into "villany", big boss was never a villain.
Go look at the first two Metal Gear games and then come back, the dude was literally a warlord brewing up conflicts to send his PMCs to fight and was at one point the only person on the planet with nukes

>the story isn't invalid either, it's supposed to be about big boss' exploits in afghanistan and african that made him "legendary".
Which is why its terrible, theres probably about 15 missions out of 50 that are plot related and the rest are "lol Snake go extract this guy/blow this up/steal this cuz you're getting paid".

It was supposed to be a game that bridged the gap between BB and SS's stories but it ended up revolving around a literal nobody with no personality
>>
>>35012361

he was trying to stop the patriots, it was his plan all of along.

i agree there were a lot of filler missions, definitely should have been more plot shit. i also really wish they would have done more with kiefer.

i'm not trying to say mgs5 is amazing or the best, but in my opinion it fits decently with the story
>>
>>35012331
MGS3 was the descent into villainy.
Go play it again and tell me that that man at the end of the game wouldn't go start up his own private military that would fight against the US if they ever got the chance.
>>
>>35012222
>just don't get caught nibba
Poor excuse for a poor, unbalanced gameplay.

>honestly capturing soldiers and base management were my favorite parts of pw and TPP
I loved PW to death, which is why I was so hyped for TPP as well. But what we got is just an empty husk of a potentially great game. The motherbase especially is one gigantic letdown of missed opportunities and broken promises.

>pretty sure it had all the same music gz did
Nope. Totally different composers.
GZ had way more oomph. TPP is just "alright".

>characters were about the same
turning everyone, especially the big bad, into cookiecutter comicbook characters really isnt my idea of good design.

There's also the whole fact of the game being literally unfinished, leaving many introduced plot elements and -devices unused and just floating.
>>
>>35012393
I'm probably just salty how much I felt like I got cheated, there was just supposed to be so much more to do with everything, and it felt like we got half a game despite a 4 year wait.
>>
>>35012444
GZ had all the makings that TPP should have had but didn't
>spooky atmosphere with a lot of uncertainty
>good music
>frequent, intense cutscenes
>limited equipment, you can't just S rank it by bringing along a backpack full of toys to cheese every single guard with
>very dense area with a ton of stuff to find and stumble upon, resulting in good replay value
>actually advanced the plot massively in 45 minutes of gameplay and 15 minutes of cutscenes
>>
>>35011322
>terrain mapping software

They fall over on FUCKING LEVEL GROUND.
>>
File: SIGINT on mecha.jpg (92KB, 714x592px) Image search: [Google]
SIGINT on mecha.jpg
92KB, 714x592px
>>35011176
>>35011190
>>
>>35012518
Because it looks cool
>>
>>35012482

as someone that 100% TPP the S rank system was one of my biggest complaints, it was just a fucking joke. you really didn't even need any cheesy gadgets, you could just sprint through every mission and get an s rank, time is the main factor and kills/alerts just don't matter very much.

it's pretty fucking dumb
>>
>>35011176
not a soilder or a military guy but am using common sense

but it kind of feels like a dumb idea cos;

>it's big loud and noisy it's gonna be a big target for everyone
>it's big and loud so am guessing it's gonna need a lot of supplies to run so logistics is going to be a night mare
>it's big heavy and slow moving, so am wondering moving that thing would be a night mare to move from one point to another so the enemy will know it's comming and run away
>it's big heavy so it would probably be a night mare to move from one place to another which also would give it away so I am thinking it would get targeted by everything around it
>it also seems pointless. What exact use is there for it. Think about it you have one giant robot that can focus on one area (lets say 5 mile range) that is slow moving, it also costs billions to run. When you could have 30 or 40 jets for the same price that could carry more ammo and rockets than that thing and could do damage in a big area the size of a city.

all in all it's just redundant and pointless. I really don't see any point init.

What is usefull would be some robots that are man sized that could carry a lot of heavy shit for the infantry that also carried a motar on it's back or rockets or even a tank turret
>>
>>35012482
Exactly.
GZ is practically a blueprint on how to do TPP right: limit everything more in order to craft a better working experience.

but alas, instead we got a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>35012610
>>35011176
sorry to write that rant my bad didn't read your full comment.

It's kind of pointless why have one giant loud slow moving robot when you could send a submarine or a plane
>>
Well according to Mechassault pretty darn good of an idea.
Muh Puma
>>
>>35012595
Yeah I S ranked every mission too, you could easily get 2 or 3 alerts as long as you just sprinted through everything and got the whole thing done in under 15 minutes
>>
>>35012298
What would've been a decent story according to you then? Game was fine. The problem was everyone hyping shit through the roof and being too hopped up on koolaid to enjoy the game for what it was, which is a pretty fine game in the end, and still the single best stealth game out there to this day.
>>
>>35012931
Decent story?
>Have Skullface actually be a real character, not some 2D villain who appears in literally 5 missions and then you don't even get to fight him
>Have Quiet be a character whos more than just eye candy
>Show the building of Outer Heaven in South Africa
>Wrap up Eli's story and explain why Psycho Mantis is there
>Have a plot that isn't based around muh fuckin parasites
>>
>>35012951
>Have Skullface actually be a real character, not some 2D villain who appears in literally 5 missions and then you don't even get to fight him

How is he not? Go back and play GZ and listen to all of the tapes. inb4 ">much taaaapes!" Perhaps the biggest letdown was the fact that you don't really get to go one on one with him, but nobody was really expecting shit to go down the way it did.

>Have Quiet be a character whos more than just eye candy

Quiet in general was pretty dumb, but she's decently well rounded as a character given the fact that she cannot interact with people verbally, and that's how pretty much all of the communication is done in that game. You can sum up her character just as easily as you could Meryl or Naomi or whoever else.

>Show the building of Outer Heaven in South Africa
The game has plenty of content and tons of shit to do as is, and somehow people were still whining about it being "filler". Given the game's development track record, we're lucky the game released to begin with. My big beef is the fact that there really wasn't a lot of linking to the rest of the chronology as we were promised, but I'll chalk it down to being something that simply cannot be done in a single game.

>Have a plot that isn't based around muh fuckin parasites

Now this one gets me the most, considering the rest of the series' track record. Basically, you're a retard for just now noticing dumb weird shit in the story.
>>
>>35013032
Skull Face is a bad villain, he has no real backstory or motivations other than to fuck over the US and Zero, literally your only real interaction with his is a 5 minute rant complete with literal fedora tipping. Go compare him to Liquid Snake or The Boss for how a villain should be done complete with backstory and interesting motivations.

Parasites were just extremely boring, there is quite literally 3+ hours worth of tapes in the game of Code Talker discussing their reproductive cycle, they just seemed like a really weird thing to center the game around with your only real interaction with them being when you have to kill your own men in mission 46, which was a pretty weak ending to what a huge portion of the game revolved around
>>
>>35012444
>There's also the whole fact of the game being literally unfinished, leaving many introduced plot elements and -devices unused and just floating

And yet here we are debating on why it is or isn't a bad game because it didn't live up to what was expected while any other day of the week we can sit here and rave about FO:NV
>>
>>35013158

i feel like skull face could have been cool if kojima actually had more time with the game, same with the skulls.

>>35013181

wat? fonv was finished, it was just rushed and given a shit budget.
>>
>>35011176
Why is this mech sexy
>>
>>35011236
All the other reasons and it would be so much weight concentrated into such small spaces that it would destroy what ever ground it walked on.
>>
>>35013226
FO:NV barely worked when it came out and there were unused files and broken/unused quests. The story was done but I don't think anyone would count that game as finished just because they met the deadline.
>>
>>35013348
skullboy told huey to make it look as badass as possible
>>
>>35011589
A HIND D?!?
>>
>>35013544
Haha
>>
>>35011176
How is it a nuclear weapon? Does it snackbar?
I see a total of one thing on it that looks like a shooty bit and even then I'm doubtful.
>>
File: peck_topol.jpg (222KB, 1024x619px) Image search: [Google]
peck_topol.jpg
222KB, 1024x619px
>>35011176
It's basically this:
>>
>>35014732

it basically snackbars yes

its armor is made out of depleted uranium which can be activated by sahelanthropus and turned into uranium which it uses to detonate

basically videogame bullshit
>>
>>35013158
>The Boss
>Villain

I was going to respond, but you're clearly too retarded to warrant a proper reply.
>>
>>35011176
No idea
But after one mag a suppressor doesn't work anymore.
>>
Just make an eva
>>
>>35013158
>muh Dine
>>
>>35011311

>No waist strap

oof
>>
No tactical advantage
>>
>>35011591
>Mgr
That better not be rising otherwise I'm going to come to your house and shit on your keyboard
>>
File: beniciodelbenis.jpg (83KB, 824x464px) Image search: [Google]
beniciodelbenis.jpg
83KB, 824x464px
>>35017330

>he doesn't like mgr

game was dank though my nigga
>>
>>35011879
>Chico is quiet
I both miss this meme and wish it was true
>>
>>35011190
The main problem is that we don't have any way of generating enough power to actual operate a metal gear, and you will notice this detail isn't even mentioned in any of the games. I would expect something like a metal gear to require nearly a gigawatt of power to operate all the actuators and weapons (Metal Gear REX has a electron beam weapon). This would require some sort of miniaturized fusion reactor, and if you had that, you might as well put it to use to power a flying death ray.
>>
>>35017333
Dank it may be to some.

But I was a mere boy when I picked up metal gear solid 2. I was excited to see my old pal snake fight in a new story. Oh how I talked and talked about how great metal gear solid was, and how this new one would be great. Really converted a bunch of my friends to play.

Then we got 30 minutes of snake, and 6 hours of a blonde haired androgynous faggot who spends all his time getting codec calls from a girl for relationship bullshit. Oh, and let's not forget his ass is literally naked for a while in the game.

My friends informed me I was a faggot, and kojima really made me one by fucking my puckered 12 year old asshole. Nearly didn't give mgs3 a chance. I'm glad I did though
>>
File: memes.png (563KB, 933x769px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
563KB, 933x769px
>>35017330
>But anon! I thought you liked memes.
>>
>>35012298
Snake..?
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!
>>
Votoms are most practical mecha design.
There, I said it.
>>
>>35017372
There is no limit to how angry this game makes me.
>>
>>35013032
the entire game was an explanation as to why certain people coundnt say la li lu le lo or whatever

literally
>>
>>35011315
>Have you ever seen footage of bipedal robots trying to do basic movements? They are highly unstable and trip over themselves, basically.
>>
>>35017454
>here's my chance to make the joke
>sees file name

Fuck you
>>
File: unnamed~31.gif (1MB, 484x303px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed~31.gif
1MB, 484x303px
>>35017299
>Tfw you'll never be a reject surrounded by hot wifus and giant fucking robots.
>>
>>35011176
Heard of the laws of physics? Because they say OP is bullshit.
>>
>>35017750
Past a certian point yes. Something like giant monster are impossible but a 50 foot mech is achievable.
But the energy it would take to power, we'd need way more than a fucking reactor.
>>
>>35013544
What's a Russian gunship doing here?!?
>>
>>35011176
>how realistic is a mobile bipedal nuclear weapon?

1. Balancing a giant metal bipod with variable geometry legs is a fucking nightmere, if it tripped and fell, the pilot would most likely die on impact.

2. The impact tremors of constantly walking would destroy the legs/shocks/servos fairly quickly.

3. Powering the thing would probably require a nuclear reactor, which would shake itself to pieces as it starts walking... with predictable consequences.

4. HEAT round -> Knee/Hip/Ankle joint = game over.

5. Mantinance nightmere (The twelfth circle of hell)

6. Rediculous cost in both R&D and Production

7. "Feet" would have to be enormous to not sink into the ground every step.

8. SOOOOOoooooo easy to hit with conventional weapons, cause it's fucking enormous.

9. There is LITERALLY no reason to make a bipedal mecha... other than "Rule of cool"
>>
File: 1474585499279.jpg (118KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
1474585499279.jpg
118KB, 584x622px
>>35017379
Second best game in the series.
>>
File: Spider_mech.jpg (458KB, 1391x800px) Image search: [Google]
Spider_mech.jpg
458KB, 1391x800px
>>35012518
A 4+ legged "spider tank" type vehicle/drone could have some merits in urban environments. It could climb buildings, raise itself over obstacles to fire from cover and such. In short, utilize cover in a way a tracked or wheeled vehicle could not.
>>
>>35018953
Sora no woto, is a great anime.
>>
>>35011413
3=2=1 >>>>>>>>> 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Splinter Cell>>>>>>>>>>>5
>>
what the fuck is wrong with submarines in kojimbo's world?
>>
If bipedal warn machines are so inefficient why are humans #1? Check mate atheists.
>>
From an evolutionary standpoint, bipedalism is good for 2 things: a) running if their gait is similar to kangaroos or theropods, where some stability in stance is given up for maneuverability. B) freeing up forelimbs for object manipulation.
Any kind of mech would place a far greater necessity on stability than on low turning ratio at high speed or object manipulation. So, a bipedal tank is pretty stupid. Bipedal motion is extremely energy intensive, and if you lose one limb you're fucked. Unless you have some kind of lightweight alloy that's also indestructible, doesn't warp from heat, and can take impact from missiles and not change shape.
A spider tank is far more efficient. If it loses one leg, it jettisons the remains of it, and adjusts gait to match. As long a sit has 3 points of contact on the ground it's very stable,maneuverable, and fast.
>>
>>35011359
1. Done, easy

2. Size is a huge factor here, as you already know about square–cube law. And we already approach the practical limits of physical structures, which barely support this and would not last under high speed loading. There are two alternatives. Atomic assembly could push the practical limits closer to the theoretical, but building it atom by atom would take thousands of years and don't expect huge gains as many advanced structures are 75%, another 25% would be significant but not indestructible. Active material structures like ion locked lattices could go well past this and further decease weight, however these are mostly still experimental and require constant and significant energy input.

3. Shock transfer fluid cockpits, this is actually the opposite of suspension as the pilot moves in step with the vehicle, this virtually eliminates the jerky feeling. Active pizo stabilizers could be added to knock out any sub-mm vibrations. This would be very smooth and easy to work with, but adds some weight and special training to get in and out which could cost valuable time.

4. There are working options here, they need work but appear mostly solvable.

5. Done, but needs re-working for new engagement areas.

6. This one is solvable, but will take significant R&D to fully develop.
>>
>>35021807
7. Define emergency. Jumping and other high speed maneuvers yes, maybe even a one use booster maneuver. But sustained rocket flight (like the picture) is a no go. 8. We have a few options. If the frame is really big we go nuclear and call it done. Smaller frames would need super capacitor arrays, which would need to replace or recharge. There is also some banned high performance fuels that may work (side effect of highly corrosive and toxic emissions). But in both cases you are not getting it to operate for more then a few hours. And a max limited 3 hour engagement window is about as good as it gets without resupply. Still it could technical rack up a decent kill count in that time. 9. Rotation off site repair and high speed robot assistance, along with better material and design. It doesn't eliminate the issues, but mitigates and pushes the problems to other more manageable parts of the supply chain. Really #2 is my primary issue, and I still worry about #8. If you just want a light armor wheel foot spider tank, yea we can do that. But your gundam is not fighting outside the arena, as it needs heavy support crews nearby resupplying ever 90 minutes.
>>
>>35011190
zero. we can launch nukes from satellites.

launching nukes from the stratosphere is unstoppable.
>>
>>35023172
Nukes in space are illegal, dumbass. Put a nuke on a sat and the international community'll crush you like a fucking bug.
>>
>>35011359
>requirements
Those are just suggestions.
>>
>>35023251

Oh what you mean like they would for inventing a giant fucking walking stealth nuke launcher designed to circumvent ballistic missile detection?
>>
>>35025476
I never was defending Metal Gears, although tactically speaking Metal Gears are no different from missile trucks, just with more range. They're fucking stupid from an engineering standpoint, but from a military standpoint, bretty gool.
>>
>>35025476
ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!
>>
>>35011176
Global rule #2
>>
>>35011413
no, V was really that bad. The gameplay mechanics were great, and it looked great but the story was fucking ridiculous even for kojima that it was cringe inducing and made the game a chore to play at times.
>>
>>35011176
Prepare for High Quality Autism (tm)
>Engine
would need to generate massive amounts of energy to power not only weapons but electronics, servos/hydraulics, gyros. most likely nuclear engine would come close adding to weight, which we can't afford because
>Legs
Bipedal doesn't work outside of 6-7 feet at most, i.e. human sizes
imagine a 2 or 3 story building falling like a tree it would not only damage all of its equipment on impact, but would kill everyone behind it, and cause a lot of collateral damage falling through buildings, plus the pilot might also die too.
Displacement of the feet, they'd have to be almost as long as the mech is tall to displace weight, which requires more power to lift, and to keep balance, etc. and what if it falls, how is it going to get back up, what's to stop people from doing what they did in WWI.
Finally, go to your friend give him a big push and see how far he has to walk backwards to regain balance, now place 3 green army men behind him; you do the math
>Armor
how are you going to angle the armor to make the most effective use of it when you have a very obtuse and oblong shape that doesn't lend itself to angles very well, and applying more armor would mean less weapons and misc. loads to make up for the massive amount of armor.
>Camouflage
Good luck making a giant humanoid shape blend in with the scenery
>Noise
Huge loud stomping would be a dead giveaway, and could probably be heard much farther away than a tank
>Weapons
how will you distribute the weight , ammunition, loading mechanisms, mounting methods, firing control systems, balancing weapons/keeping on target on a vehicle that moves in 3 dimensions unevenly.
>Maintenance
There would be so many parts to replace, some even custom built specifically for that vehicle alone, and more moving parts = more likely one will break
>Resources
Theoretically it could be built, but at the price of several tanks/planes/subs etc which have been around over 100 years
>Cost
$$$$$$
>>
File: 1485896008937.jpg (34KB, 331x457px) Image search: [Google]
1485896008937.jpg
34KB, 331x457px
>>35017712
>Tfw you will never be a reject
>>
>>35026843
It's ok. I don't expect any of you too.
>>
>>35023251
Whos gonna stop you? surely not the nerds without space nukes.
>>
>>35011176
Bipeds are really fucking hard to make, legs are weak points and if you knock it down with enough mass any walker has to recover. The problem is making enough sturdy legs that are stable enough to hold it and you'd probably need like 6. That would cost a lot. Just make a conventional vehicle.
>>
>>35012449
I rather took it as an interactive adventure ad didn't get my hopes up because Konami. If Koji had more creative space and time, I'm sure it would turn out at least more polished if not better.

Good thing is that the engine that came out of the thing was amazing and the game was extremely well optimized.
I was running a 40-60FPS on a Ayyvidya 920M with 8GB RAM and 2Ghz CPU, at high on 1366x768 screen and I had a blast with 40+ hours.

I wouldn't pay full price for the game.
Also remove multiplayer and hack IAP's.
If you can find it for sale reasonably dropped in price, I'd pick it up, otherwise I'd wait for sale or torrent it.
>>
>>35011413
3>1>PW>4>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PO
>>
>>35030309
What's wrong with Portable Ops?

Isn't it basically PW except set earlier?
>>
>>35030392
controls are a little clunkier, besides that there isn't much difference
>>
>>35030392
It's basically PW, but shit.
>>
File: the big boss gang.jpg (36KB, 534x534px) Image search: [Google]
the big boss gang.jpg
36KB, 534x534px
>>35030457
Woah. I can totally see what you meant with this one word.
>>
>>35013460
>broken/unused quests
Is far different from
>cutting out the entire last chapter of the game
>>
>>35030392
It's a game that's aged pretty badly, although maybe not as bad as MGS1+2. 1 in particular hasn't aged well at all. But anyways, it's a game you sorta had to have played back in the day to appreciate it without being able to compare it to PW and TPP. It also has the best vocal track in the series.
>>
>>35030782
>But mission 52!!!!
What's incredible about that final cut mission is it still sheds zero fucking light on the entire story that is absent from the game, it is just liquid stealing metal gear Sally, a big boss fight, and chief keef putting that faggot in his place.
The majority of story that was supposed to happen is Mass effect 3'd to us through a huge collection of text. If that book of information you gave us was so important, maybe you should have made the game about that. But kojima and Konami are the perfect storm of 'id rather hang out with movie stars and suck on joostins toes than make a game' and 'we don't care how monumental this game is going to be, we don't want to make games anymore and you have blown through nearly billions of dollars developing an engine we won't use, hiring famous actors, and hosting your faggy little YouTube show, give us a product you squint eyed fuck"
>>
>>35012518

and that kind of small mindedness is exactly why you had to get FOXDIE'd
>>
I just wish whenever he comes up with a neato concept they would not keep trying to make the world revolve around it. Parasites as a wmd is pretty neat, that doesn't mean everything in the universe has to be parasite derived or related.
>>
>>35031279
He didn't he was killed by ocelot
>>
File: GTB-22.jpg (40KB, 576x815px) Image search: [Google]
GTB-22.jpg
40KB, 576x815px
This game had good, somewhat realistic mechs.

If we ever have mechs, I think they would be in the same place a the Bradly: fire support for infantry.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (628KB, 1200x1778px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
628KB, 1200x1778px
On a related note, I fixed this movie for you.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.