[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I've decided to join the parachute regiment of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: para-cap-badge.jpg (10KB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
para-cap-badge.jpg
10KB, 375x250px
Alright, I've decided to join the parachute regiment of the British Army. I'm 18 but unfortunately I've got a bit of a baby face and look about 15-16. Will I get fucking ripped into if i try to join?

One bloke I spoke to said that I'd better not even think of joining the paras unless I can grow a full beard. Anyone on here who served with them or is serving with them have any advice?
>>
>>35011036
Don't let some "Bloke" dictate how you choose your regiment. Do your research and start running now. Do more research into the Army's roles yourself before finalizing for the Infantry. The more knowledge you show will get you a better grade at selection and in faster.
>>
You are being Shit Tested to see if you crumble under pressure. "He who Hesitates Is Lost" The 1st months will be gloriously hard to see if you have the mettle to be a proper soldier; all your training is aimed at putting an AB unit in the field where it will be surrounded by superior forces and attacked W/O mercy. It takes a unique individual to deal with such physical and emotional stress. If you have doubts either put them aside and join-up or give-up now and save the tax-payer the expense of testing you
>>
Nobody gives a god damn fucking shit what you look like
>>
>>35011036
good fucking luck
>>
>>35011111
>>35011095
Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm joining up.
>>
>>35011136
Godspeed OP. Hope you make it and have some oper8or stories to tell us 3 years down the line.
>>
>>35011036
>>35011136
honestly OP, if you're already getting in a tizzy over not being able to grow a beard, you're gonna need thicker skin to make it through service. Not trying to be a dick, but most soldiers aren't known for their compassion
>>
>>35011111
nice quints m8
>>
>One bloke I spoke to said that I'd better not even think of joining the paras unless I can grow a full beard

>In a service where you're clean-shaven every day

This is why you don't listen to "some bloke"
>>
>>35011166
I'm not in a 'tizzy', I was just wondering what other guys in the Paras might think. I don't really care either way, just wondering. I've got 12 years martial arts experience with quite a few competitions under my belt and enjoy boxing a lot so I'm not a push over if that's what you're implying.

>>35011201
Haha, true
>>
>>35011036
they make you wear a dress and camp it up infront of the comander to see if you can deal with pressure and don't take shit seriusly

this is cos the para have to be behind enemy lines and you have to be easy going

also prepare to camp it up and act gay
>>
File: TkD8XlE.jpg (207KB, 928x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TkD8XlE.jpg
207KB, 928x1024px
>>35011036
mfw the only reason i haven't joined up yet is i dont want to die without ever having any relationships or long term girlfriends
>>
God bless you Anon. I wish you the best, maybe someday we'll meet up on the battlefield if our country's team up against someone.

Takes balls to do your shit. Pounds of respect for you.
>>
>>35011206
Who gives a shit?
Honestly, why even care if you're already such a hardass?
>>
>>35011293
That's true mate, I'm already the hardest bloke around *sarcasm*
>>
>>35011243
Are you serious about the dress thing? Because I'd fucking do it, it'd be funny, but does it actually happen or are you bullshitting?
>>
>>35011350
Jesus Wept
>>
>>35011350
Mate, drop the fuck out already so our nanny state doesn't waste my money on your stupid ass
>>
I seen that flag on my walk home earlier today and wonderd what it was, 1st time if seen it before.
Dont suppose you done that or is this just too big a coincidence?
>>
>>35011521
Do you happen to live in Ireland by any chance?
>>
>>35011558
nah this was in glasgow
>>
>>35011111
Quints = Truth
>>
>>35011036
Unlike every other sperg omelette here, I know what I'm talking about.

> Basic training is tougher obviously, but you're in Catterick and it's a decent enough garrison, we'll set up for your needs
>Once you complete basic, hope to fuck you don't go through P Coy during summer or you might find you're sent to the Brecons in Wales. I did mine as an attached arm and went to Sennybridge. First course to do so and it was horrendous.
>If you do, and you go on X range for the assault courses watch out for the nails in the embankment, nearly tore my hand open on them.
>Trainazium is actually very easy. They cut down the tree tops to make it seem higher than it is. They also have nets now for health and safety.
>Eat a full load at scoff as you'll burn off weight and have no energy
>Expect to run and tab 24 miles a day. 12 in morning, 12 in afternoon. Pray it's not hot.
>When it comes to milling, just go for it like a madman and don't stop until told
>Be prepared to deal with a lot of gobby Essex fuckwits who've joined with you.
>When you're in RHQ, a low, single storey building, you'll pass all the previous course pictures. Look for me from 2007, course 06/07, middle row with an HCR capbadge. Only one of my lot on it.
>>
>>35011136
You better come back alive with some histories anon, we will be waiting
>>
>>35011350
it happens it's called theatrics

but chill out man every one does it on the last day you have to camp it up or you don't passout also chillout who cares man
>>
>>35011036
If you can handle the fitness and the banter then go for it, almost everyone looks like a kid when they first join up anyway.
>>
>>35011654
Thanks mate thats a big help.
>>
>>35011654
>>35012870
How much should I be doing per day to get ready for the physical side of it?
>>
>>35011036
I hope you can run like the clappers lad, paras arent a joke.
>>
>>35013147

As much as you fucking can.

There is no "upper limit". If it's not a few days before you going in, then just gym and run yourself silly, and keep your body safe.

Nothing worse than an injury prior to starting.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.