[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living in Chicago sucks and our "concealed carry" laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Taurus_Public_Defender.jpg (14KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Taurus_Public_Defender.jpg
14KB, 300x205px
Living in Chicago sucks and our "concealed carry" laws basically prohibit you from carrying anywhere but on your own property.

My friend got mugged, last week, and it made me want to get a gun for home defense and for anytime I'm out walking at night. I don't shoot a lot, so I figured that something like the Taurus Judge would be good. Honestly, I don't want to kill anyone unless I have to, so I like that I could fire a round of buckshot, first, and then .44lc if the buckshot isn't enough.

I hear the Taurus Judge getting a lot of shit, though, and I'm curious as to why. I wouldn't use it as an everyday carry (there's too many places where guns are prohibited), just for home defense and when I'm outside at night. Is this a decent choice, then, or is it still shit? If it is shit, what's a better choice?

Thanks.
>>
its fuckhuge and .410 is silly. just get a 9mm carbine or something.
>>
>>35008410
Buy an UZI parts kit and a trench coat, if you're going to carry illegally at least do it right.
Remember, volume of fire is the most important factor for a self defense gun.
>inb4 he puts a 16" barrel on it and makes it semi only
>>
there's a reason that regular boring semi-auto pistols are the gold standard for CC. don't be a snowflake. get a glock or M&P or Hi-Point or whatever makes your pussy tingle in 9mm and carry that. the law is perverse in that you need to shoot to kill. shooting with the express intention of maiming will land you behind bars and/or bankrupt as a result of a civil suit.
>>
if you shoot to wound you will spend the rest of your life in prison. Shoot to kill, if you aren't carrying the gun get a full size high capacity handgun so that way you now have a full size high capacity handgun instead of some kind of meme.
>>
>OP doesn't shoot a lot.

Change that, then buy.
Keep practicing.
Develop muscle memory and good habits.
Good luck out there.
>>
>>35008445
long barrel uzis are aesthetic as fuck, leave the giggle switch.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1200x740px
>>35008728
Long barrel UZIs look like shit and will be even less concealable under OPs trench coat.
>>
>>35008410
>Our concealed carry laws basically prohibit you from carrying anywhre but your own property.

As a fellow Chicago resident, the shitload of local businesses and buildings forbidding CC users is a big part of it.
>>
File: uzi.jpg (712KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
uzi.jpg
712KB, 1600x900px
>>35008753
compromise, add a fuckhueg suppressor
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.