[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog /product_info.php/produc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: stockimage.png (856KB, 771x573px) Image search: [Google]
stockimage.png
856KB, 771x573px
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/63968/Firearms/Muzzleloaders/Black+Powder+Rifles/CVA+PR2110+Wolf+209+Magnum+Break-Action+50cal+24+Blued%2FBlack

is this actually good or should i just buy a really cheap navy pistol or 58 remingreming
>>
Just get a muzzle loader or the bp revolver.
Inline rifles are more for hunting.
And get it from anywhere other than buds.
>>
>>35008058
i wanna be cyber punk so when guns are illegal i have something hidden away in a super cool sacking hide out just in case always and forever for when there is a window filled with light and only a hint of tree can be seen out of the concrete walls surroundnig it and the window is only 2 feet in height and thats all you can see just two concrete walls on the left and right and a concrete ceiling and then the concrete wall of the abodei n front of you with just a peak of a tree and then you realize that your freedom was already lost long ago and you made a huge mistake in going ot college all those years ago and how much youw ish things could just go back to normal and that he wasnt dead and that you had friends and that you were shitty and that you had a gooal but instead its just a bed with no sheets on a bare mattress covered in vomit looking out of a small window tthats closer to one foot in height now htat i think about it and i just cant do it anymore man i dont ant to todi this so i come here and i jus twant to lok for an escape maybe i can pretend to buy gun s and realize that nothigng will ever make me ha--y and that ill never have money to do any of the things i say anywyas and all the old buds from high school are way happier and gettin married to high school sweet hearts and im just forgpteen and i really wanto know whato i should do because im apparenty just sodo incapabl eof andin
>>
>>35008058
Mean head
>>
>>35008058
whats wrong with bud
>>
nbump
>>
Bump I'm kinda curious too, maybe I'll get this for a first gun? Seems cool
>>
>>35008100
Also what the fuck is this?
>>
>>35008038
>>35009085
I have one and love shooting it. Keep in mind that black powder is a *lot* more work than cartridge guns, and that bullets and powder aren't so cheap, either. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a first gun, and if you just want a cheap plinker, get a .22 like maybe a Marlin 60.

But yeah - there's nothing like the big boom and cloud of smoke you get from a rifle like that!
>>
>>35009242
Anon has had a small stroke.
>>
File: DSCN1421.jpg (1002KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1421.jpg
1002KB, 2592x1944px
>>35008038
There's better ones out there that are probably easier to clean etc like mine where the trigger group drops out and you have easy access to everything, but muzzle loaders are pretty fun. I doubt any of them will disappoint you accuracy wise if you use proper bullets. Just make sure you clean afterwards.
And I pretty much agree with everything >>35009279 said other than getting a 22lr. That caliber puts me to sleep unless I'm using it from a pistol. At least it's getting cheap enough again where I may have to quit ignoring it's existence one of these days.
>>
>>35009345
>>35009279

How do I get set up with black powder? I'd there a one stop shop?
>>
File: P1010706.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1010706.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>35009397
Buy everything in the picture here for measuring powder and grab a magnet to stick your 209 primers to for convenience.
The orange things are speed loaders which are very handy if you want to load up at home and have things ready at the range without a bunch of crap laying around. You just pour powder into one half, and I store the bullet/primer in the other side.
>>
>>35009345
No doubt there are. But black powder shooting is tricky enough that I didn't want to start with an expensive gun; I wanted a cheapie that I could learn on and that I wouldn't feel too bad if I accidentally did some damage to, and then later, after I git gud, I can splurge on something nicer.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the Wolf - it's a fine rifle and I see no reason to replace it for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>35009397
>How do I get set up with black powder? I'd there a one stop shop?
Sure - Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy, or any other store like that will have everything you need. Hell, in red states, Walmart will have it.
>>
>>35009466
Wrong.

Muzzleloaders suck for self defense, don't buy one
>>
>>35010049
Why
>>
>>35009344
>killed the last half of brain he had left
Sad
>>
>>35010532
Many such cases ! Sad!
>>
>>35008038
Should I buy this or pistol
>>
>>35009427
>>35009466

You got a shopping list?
>>
>>35012540
Basically that 120grain measure for grains, and that "powder flask"is just an easy way to let out bits of it into that measure with relative precision. And dump premeasured powder loads into speedloaders(100 grains per shot is what I use).
If you save this pic to your phone, and go to a muzzleloading section, you can't help but see this stuff.
Basically...
>powder flask(see through thing full of powder with button to release some)
>measure( the thing going up to 120)
>speedloaders ( orange things)
>powder (I like that tripple se7en)
>209 primers (easy to find in shotgun reloading components & muzzleloader supplies)
>bullets(50cal, or 45cal with sabots to make it work in a 50cal gun)
>50cal bore snake(just makes barrel cleaning easy)
>>
>>35010049
>Muzzleloaders suck for self defense
Yup - they sure do. Self-defense is what I have my LCR, my Mini-14, my Bersa, my Maverick 88, and my AR for.
>don't buy one
Y'see, here's the thing: I'm not a NEET poorfag, so I can actually afford to buy more than one gun. Some are good at one thing, some are good at another, and some I have just for fun. I didn't buy my muzzleloader for self-defense, just like I didn't buy my Arisaka or my MAS-36 for that, either.

Someday you should try not being poor. It's actually a lot of fun!
>>
File: 441251.jpg (292KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
441251.jpg
292KB, 880x660px
>>35012540
Most of what >>35012840 said, except I'd start with using pellets instead of loose powder.
>>
File: 3pyudf.jpg (26KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
3pyudf.jpg
26KB, 300x354px
>>35009397
God damn, you again?!?!
>>
>>35012949
>except I'd start with using pellets instead of loose powder.
Do whatever. I've always used powder and been very happy with it. Isn't powder a hell of a lot cheaper per shot too since you get a 140 50grain loads from 1lb of loose powder? And 100 50grain pellets are more expensive? Based on 5 mins of research, you pay ~20% more for 40% less shots with the pellets vs 1lb of loose pouder.
And online research has lead me to believe that measured powder will give you more consistent shots across the board when it comes to accuracy.
All I know is that you are hunting, NEVER use a muzzleloader that uses those percussion caps. One slight bit of moisture falls in it from a snowflake and it's wrecked and your primer channel is also plugged with shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.