[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turned 18 a fee months back, just realized I am at the age for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1503283032045.jpg (23KB, 720x496px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503283032045.jpg
23KB, 720x496px
Turned 18 a fee months back, just realized I am at the age for a gun. After a safety course, I will be getting my own gun. I have a job and make enough money but I'd still like to know about the price. Does anyone recommend any pistols for a first time gun owner? Only shot a rifle and a pistol when I was like 4, so not a lot of experience. I'd be using it for self defense because there are lot of druggies in my town who rob houses and mug people, occasionally get violent. Also how good is a USP?
>>
Oh and I live in Oregon, don't know if that changes anything.
>>
>>35007881

Try them before you buy them.
>>
>>35007885
Oregon is progun enough
Just inform yourself first about concealed carry laws and gun laws in general, try out different calibers, think about when you could use your gun and which one would be appropiate, watch some Paul Harrell and so on
>>
>>35007908
>>35007891
Thank you my dudes. Any thoughts about a USP though?
>>
>>35007881

unless it's mandated by law, skip the safety course. You can just learn the safety rules on your own.
>>
>>35007931
USP is a fine gun if that's your thing. be aware of a more expensive/less available aftermarket for mags/holsters/accessories than your run of the mill glock/SW, but as long as you know, go ham. I don't know about your state, but 21 is the usual age to buy pistols.
>>
>>35007946
This is true, and not because we're advocating "just do whatever". those courses are a massive waste of money, and you won't even learn what a squib is in 9/10 of them. that could blow up your gun and kill you, by the way
>>
>>35007961
This is a retarded post.
>>
Will be looking more into what you guys said. Thanks for further advice. Will have a tough time choosing my gun of choice.
>>
>>35007982
>t. safety instructor

Or did you think I was calling a glocknade deadly, maybe? Any malfunction in a defensive handgun can kill you.
>>
>>35008092
>learn about squibs on your own
He'll definitely learn what a Glocknade is if he follows your idiotic advice.
>>
>>35008125
We're talking about using the near infinite resource of the internet to learn instead of paying someone to teach you poorly, you fucking retard.
>>
>>35008125
if only there was a youtube channel
run by maybe an old man who had been around guns all his life?
and uploads multiple videos on safety and practices it in all of his videos?
and who also served as a decent intro to how guns work which would inform op of buying purchases

i really wished an old man like that existed on the internet website youtube
>>
>>35008125
>self-guided learning
>figure it out as you go
These are not the same thing. At all.
>>
>>35008137
How will he know if he missed something he's unaware of? Look, be poor all you want, but any NRA instructor will cover malfunctions and how to safely manage them, including squibs.
>>35008137
>>35008152
>>35008163
rustled samefag
>>
>>35008169
>NRA shill
It's all making sense now...
>>
>>35007881
Get a Ruger 10/22 Take Down and a Mossberg 590A1

Git good...then get a Ruger GP100 22lr and a colt 1911...git gud...then go wild from there.

>>35007885
Get everything stainless or marinecote and also tank god you can still have more than ten round magazines.
>>
>>35008169

>wasting money

you can read all you want online, or go sit down in a barnes and noble and read a book. Plus you can ask friends who are experienced with guns. You don't need some fudd to explain it for 50 dollars or whatever unless you have some reason you need to document you took a class. Safe gun handling is not rocket science.
>>
>>35007885
What part of oregon?
>>
>>35008456
>lot of druggies in my town who rob houses and mug people, occasionally get violent.

Gonna guess Gresham area or Methford
>>
Are you planning on buying apistol from a dealer? If so you need to be 21 so if you really want a pistol you'll have to do private seller or like an 80% Glock until then
>>
>>35007881
For concealed carry you're in for a fuck ton of research, regardless of state. Means homework, not just half listening to youtube vids. Legally you're opening yourself up for liability and possibly jail time if you improperly use a firearm. Note: "use" includes pointing. So a class on it while mainly boring probably is worth doing.

For home defense, Shotgun is still king. I might suggest a shotgun for now in your apartment while you do the research for your CC.

In choosing both of those guns lean heavily on what feels right. If it feels better in the hand, you'll probably hit with it more easily. Best if you can try them. Second best is just hefting and feeling.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.