[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get promoted to platoon sergeant >now have to deal with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

>get promoted to platoon sergeant
>now have to deal with 30 literal manchildren and their retarded infighting
How do i stop these dudes from going at each other?
I had two corporals nearly get into a fight yesterday because one is a faggot and the other is a delinquent cunt.
What do?
>>
>>35004412
>How do i stop these dudes from going at each other?
Unite them against a common enemy.
>>
File: 1460598061973.jpg (36KB, 460x503px) Image search: [Google]
1460598061973.jpg
36KB, 460x503px
give a semi responsible one special privileges, he will be motivated to keep it and the others will be motivated to stomp his head in, thus they will not have time for shenanigans
>>
>>35004456
Problem is that these assholes are so petty about their rank that they won't even take advice from a fellow corporal because "we're the same rank so he can't order me around", even though i take orders from other sergeants on the reg
They're just really really petty and touchy, anything and everything makes them upset
>>
Like any animal, you gotta fuck em into submission.
>>
File: dn70aAI.jpg (66KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
dn70aAI.jpg
66KB, 427x640px
PT them until they fucking die

https://youtu.be/sMEFcYij2uY?t=1m18s
>>
>>35004428
>Unite them against a common enemy.
the platoon sergeant?
>>
>>35004412
Ignore them, they're grown men. You're acting like a bigger bitch than them.
>>
>>35004412
Don't you have an LT or somebody you can ask this question of? Or your fellow sergeants?
>>
>>35004412
Hazing, page 11, punishing them all for the actions of one or a few, PTing their dicks into the dirt, classes they've had before, keep them busy, tell the corporals to keep it out of sight of the lower ranks or you'll do any of the above to the whole platoon and let the platoon know who's fault it is.
>>
>>35004553
This. They've obviously got energy to spare.
>>
>>35004583
I can tell the colonel but im not a fucking snitch
>>
>>35004563
Bingo.
>>
>>35004571
>ignoring them
>as their platoon sgt.
if they fuck up the blame falls on me and i don't wanna get any fuckin disciplinary actions because of a couple of niggers' petty street squabbles
>>
>>35004594
If they start having dick swinging contests then butt in and show them how it's done, be sure to punish both equally even if you think one of them is right, bonus points if you mislead them into thinking you're just there to diffuse the situation by offering verbal concessions to what ever stupid points they might have just prior to the shit sandwich they're about to eat.
>>
>>35004563

Yes, this is the correct answer. You are not their friend however you are there to lead them and you can't be a limp ass faggot about it. The relationship should be the equivalent of an abusive father with his kids but also care about their well-being while you're hazing the fuck out of them for having a shitty barracks cut.

Also, be humble and fair with no favorites. You can settle squabbles by making them physically fight but not within sight of the company. Men NEED to physically fight or else that pent up aggression with lead into a potential libo risk that will eventually fuck you in the ass later down the road.
>>
>>35004676
This. Bonus points for them killing you and covering it up on deployment.
>>
>>35004705
>Men NEED to physically fight or else that pent up aggression with lead into a potential libo risk that will eventually fuck you in the ass later down the road.
Pffft, this isn't some schoolyard you are supposed to be professionals. Fucking act like it
>>
Smoke your joes
>>
>>35004750

You know full well that goes out the god damned window once they're released for the day and they start drinking on the weekends. That is also where most of the incidents will occur and fights break out at. It is absolutely unavoidable and it will occur regardless. It's just one of those things about being in combat arms.

There is, however, no excuse for it to be seen and made public for everyone to know about. You have to make sure they make their peace before it becomes even more public and more out of your control which it inevitably will if you stand idly by. It could be just two Corporals one day and the next could be two fire teams in the same platoon in an all out brawl. Talking it out will not remove the aggression and they will eventually revert back to being physically aggressive with each other if not curbed. Talk is cheap and ineffective in those situations, believe me.
>>
make them all suffer, give them the "some of us arent exceeding expectations of excellence" speech at PT, gripe and bitch them out, then deny everyone liberty after letting a few of the gossipy faggot E-4's accidentally overhear you being disappointed about the main offenders fucking up. and dont forget working parties, and like the guys above said PT them until they lose all sense of self and start hallucinating.
>>
>>35004939
Proof that drinking is degenerate.
>>
>>35004412
PT, more PT, and then organize a weekend get together to bond and forge brotherhood.
>>
>>35004939
If your outfit is so poorly maintained that they cannot for one fucking second keep themselves from acting like rabid monkeys in the face of any kind of interpersonal conflict to the point where the only thing you can do is let them wail on each other until they get bored and drink their problems back down until their next bitch fit, you deserve to be flogged in the streets for being an incompetent failure.
>>
>>35004594
Why do you have this attitude? I'm not suggesting that you tell on them or name names, you can phrase shit hypothetically or just ask for advice in leadership in reacting to certain "totally didn't happen but what if" ways, yeah?

Like, surely you trying to do your fucking job and keep some of the cunts he is responsible for from acting out all the time wouldn't have him jumping down your throat or thinking that you're snitching and getting you tarred in some way, yeah?
>>
PT them HARD in the mornings so they dont have energy for bullshit.

Discipline them hard, dont let shit slide. Take their libo if they act like cunts.

Someone really let this platoon go.
>>
>>35004733
The way things are now no one can get away with that.

>buddy shot an ALP in the head when he was trying to kill us
>full investigation launched complete with forensics and ballistics testing.
>>
>>35005468
also if you are a MUHREEN make them do lots of MCMAP. With proper supervision. This will provide an outlet for their desire to touch each other.
>>
>being anything between E6-O3 in the current state of the US military

I've been there, it cost me a wife, a house, and almost my life. Good luck OP.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>35004412
>>35005117
do this^^^^
smoke those faggots. pt their asses until their dicks drag.
make them run obstacle courses... daily.
make the platoon practice drill and ceremonies until their minds go numb.
do sergeants time training literally every day you can.
take them back to red phase until they get their minds right.

if those two cunt e4s keep it up, make them write their own counseling statements.

if it gets too real, make them write their own article 15s. let them try to earn the papers back, otherwise you hand the packet to the company commander.

t. former shitbag pfc ten years after a lazy CO chaptered me out for being stupid instead of letting my platoon sergeant make my life interesting. I would've done a million pushups to stay in.
>>
>>35004553
/thread
>>
Do what they always did us.

>call early as fuck formation
>tear gas them
>make them carry a full load of bullshit
>let them take it off for chow
>tear gas them
>make them run ammo can drills
>tear gas them
>>
What the fuck is this thread right now? What kind of PSG is asking /k/ for advice? What fucking country are you from OP?
>>
>>35005403

Yeah, that pretty sums up all infantry companies in a nutshell.
>>
Woe guys this is funny
>>
>>35004750
You sound like a low test, high estrogen, pseudo intellectual faggot. Soldiers are trained to crave action and violence, and then kept bored out of their fucking minds to up their aggression. Schoolyard rules are often the only ones that apply. Now go on back to polishing your katana.

As for OP, you need to run those niggers into the ground. If they've got enough energy to act like a bunch of little bitches then they've got enough energy to hump a full pack all goddamn day with chemical suit breaks.
>>
>>35005975
Also random mountain climbers.
>>
>>35004412
PT them hard. Make it clear none of that grab ass is going to be tolerated and they better put on their big girl panties. Come down like a hammer on the next couple of minor infractions.
>>
>>35010579
-t. Stopped maturing in the fifth grade.
>>
File: 1500687276542.jpg (160KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
1500687276542.jpg
160KB, 500x694px
>>35004412
>I had two corporals nearly get into a fight yesterday because one is a faggot and the other is a delinquent cunt.

British army method: Killball.

Rule 1:
No rules other than no Injuries that will prevent another soldier performing their duties the day after. Everything else is a guideline

Play area:
Preferably concrete, swamp is acceptable

The ball:
Anything, watermelons, flashbangs and tear gas canisters are reccomended

The teams:
As many as you like and as lop sided as possible. Some ideas are as follows: Brains vs brawn's, Fit vs fat, Beasted (punished) and Beasters (punishers) for infractions.

The objective is to get the ball(s) from one goal to another.

To add flavor riot gear or playing inside a gas chamber is recommended, Preferably played in the worst weather.

Other methods of instilling disepline include
Reenacting famous battles, my S/Sgt was into star wars and taped two Plated to my head to make the H profile of a TIE fighter whilst simultainiously screaming NYAW!, while the opposing team had metre sticks placed between their feet and instructed to keep their hands up to make Xs of X wings who had to go swoosh.

Another time we strapped stilts to my hands and knees so i could be an ATAT so that the others could lasso one of my limbs and trip me up.

He would often make us recite entire movies.

Other useless things:
> Mop up the rain (outside)
> Paint the grass green
> Move boxes from point A to point B and back again.

By far the worst punishment was to wear the "armour of shame" a Ned Kelly-esque Armour fashioned out of a bucket and square dustbin.
>>
File: 1497828170504.png (420KB, 600x724px) Image search: [Google]
1497828170504.png
420KB, 600x724px
>>35010949
Ahahahahhahhaha I want to believe
>>
>>35010725
You should probably see a doctor about that. It's not normal.
>>
>>35004571
>lol you have responsibilities, whats that? Doesnt matter youre a little bitch xD

Hes the fucking platoon sergeant, dumbass. Its his responsibility to worry about these fuck ups.
>>
I'm guessing you're a ssg filling the psg role, congratulations first off. Next, wtf is your lt doing? You should be fucking them up and he should be giving uplifting, lofty speeches to their faces while doing their chapter paperwork behind their backs and ready to drop it the second they fuck up and get caught.
>>
>>35004553
This 1000000000%
>>
>>35004412

Tire them out idiot
>>
>>35004553
>PT them until they fucking die

correctamundo

and then pt them some more
>>
>>35004412
All these people saying to PT them are mostly wrong but also kind of on the right track. The simple answer is that you've lost your grip on authority because your men do not fear you. Fear IS authority. A mediocre leader would throw around these silly little schoolyard punishments and for sure, they work to an extent...but a truly GREAT leader knows that you've got an opportunity to reassert your authority here. I'm not a military man but I do occupy a position of leadership. Here's how I would handle your situation:

>Call them all together first thing in the morning
>Proclaim in simple, direct, and most importantly, brief language that you're sick of their bullshit and they're going to start performing flawlessly now
>Let things run their course as usual until the first time you spot a minor infraction you could punish someone over
>Fire them on the spot without raising your voice (bonus points: give them a "chance to save their job" by doing something degrading or better yet outright impossible to do, then call them a dumb motherfucker for believing you in front of everyone and fire them anyway at the end of the day)

Now obviously this doesn't work if you're not empowered to kick someone out but it sounds to me like you are. Trying to work with shitters is a waste of time. Effective teams are cultivated by purposefully selecting obedient personalities when possible and ruthlessly intimidating disobedient ones where necessary. You have to let people know they either exist within the lines or don't exist at all.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.