[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I am a simple man. I want to buy my first long gun but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: CWah2Aiw_400x400.png (264KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CWah2Aiw_400x400.png
264KB, 400x400px
/k/ I am a simple man. I want to buy my first long gun but I don't know where to start. I have no idea what size rounds I should be firing. Part of me loves the idea of a Bushmaster .450 because hunting and shooting at zombies on my lawn from my porch. Part of me likes .308 for that stuff but with bigger magazines. And a lot of me knows 5.56 is the starting point because it's gotta be popular for a reason.

I also was looking at a 300blk rifle to get the best of the 5.56 and .308. Would that be a turbo autist starting gun?

Budget is about 1,200$
>>
File: 1503967474048.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503967474048.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
>>35003867
There is a general noob questions thread for this anon. if you actually start with a 300memeout gun that would be really something. just go to hickok45's youtube channel and watch like 20 videos to see what you like
>>
>>35003867
Buy an SKS. No, really.
>cheap rifle
>common ammo
>semiauto
>bayonet included!
>sexy wood furniture
>Slavshit funtimes
>good for hunting and fighting alike
>aforementioned common ammo is an intermediate cartridge that packs punch and penetrates well
>stripper clips
>REMOVE KEBAB
>>
Why would you ever get .300 memeout and not just 7.62x39 instead? You can get a Wasr 10 along with almost 2500 rounds for your budget. It will take down anything you would ever want to hunt.
>>
File: IMG_1523.jpg (69KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1523.jpg
69KB, 600x507px
>>35003941
>Paying the same price for a beat-up old milsurp chink or Slav rifle as you would for a brand-new AR.
>>
>>35003867
Your first long gun should always be a Ruger 1022 in my opinion. It's not the most exciting answer but there are a ton of aftermarket options that will keep you entertained. Learn to shoot a long gun and then move on to something bigger.
>>
>>35003867
tldr, buy a gun you can afford to shoot often and that will make you happier than anything else.
>>
>>35003867
save up for a while, sell some other toys and buy a SCAR
>>
>>35003867
>$1,200
Buy this and get 2 receivers and optics of your choice
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-magpul-acs-l-ept-lower-black-516444905.html
>>
Go to a store that sells guns. Look at them. Pick one. Buy it and enjoy without worrying about the autists on this stupid website

Mp15 is good, colt, etc

Your first gun won't be your last.
>>
>>35005479
this
>>
>>35003867
Tl;dr .22lr
For 300$ you can have the best 22 you'll ever need plus some ammo and then after shooting that for a month or three you can take that 900 and get something bigger. Thats where you start whether ur a fudd or an autist, etc.
>>
>>35003867
First long gun I always recommend a shotgun OP. But if you want to learn riflery then see

>>35005479
Learn with 22. A bolt action is also a fine option. After that get whatever round you want to use for effect that meets your needs and desires.
>>
LONG GUN

ppsh
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.