[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There was a time when Marvel was conservative enough to publ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

There was a time when Marvel was conservative enough to publish a 10 issue Punisher series that was basically just a educational catalog for Guns & training.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Punisher-Armory
>>
>>34997838
>use .50 to stop escaping vehicles
>educational

maybe we'll see 40mm bofors with SWAT teams soon eh
>>
I know jack shit about comics, all I've ever read were Transmetropolitian and some of The Punisher. With Punisher though I think the 'MAX' ones are the only good ones that I've found, at least that's what I think they're called. Some of the other ones were basically what /co/ calls capeshit. I don't know how what you've posted stacks up.
>>
>>34997838
It was a time when there was a market for that kinda stuff.
Political bias rarely rules over what get publishes.
If they think a comic will sell, they'll put it out.
>>
>>34997838
I can't wait to see what the new Marvel does with the Punisher series now that they are going full on progressive
>>
>>34997883
I don't see him changing much.
Might hold off on putting him in anything big though.
They need to get Ennis and Parlov back for more issues though.
>>
>>34997883
they can't really change the punisher
i think he'll be slowly forgotten
>>
>>34997897
Naw bruh. He'll just shoot more white collar criminals instead of dealers and shit.
Just you watch.
>>
>>34997904
that won't be the punisher anymore

even current marvel comics "make sense", despite twisting alot of stuff.

Plus ask the average joe about marvel and they might give spiderman, not the punisher.

Demand just isnt there
>>
>>34997904
>implying he didn't already do that
>>
>>34997911
People will always say "spidey" before "punisher" though.
Marvel's bread and butter is it's capes, not on the ground, dark as shit, "realistic" characters.
As sad as it is to say though, you are probably right about demand for Punisher dipping.
I hope the netflix show does well at that point.
Might get some demand for more Frank then.
>>
>>34997924
netflix would allow for more grim things, and they might actually translate better live action as opposed to being in a modern cartoon
>>
>>34997883
the actor who plays him is jewish. also he will go fuck drumpf and fuck white people. probably will attend KKK rally undercover and then say "americans arent wayycis" before killing them and then fucking black womyn and men.
>>
>>34997915
Naw bruh, we'll see him storming the impossibly tall and lavish skyscraper of some old white dude with a bad wig who's trying to take a sit of political power.
Featuring Gwen-Pool and illustrated by Erica Henderson.
>>
>>34997911
Because they fucked up the last 2 movies they tried to do. People don't read comics anymore. People know the other super heroes because of successful films.

Marvel would need to commit to a decent film, and have the balls to go rated R.
>>
>>34997934
Hey, it could get better with the Netflix series coming down the pipeline.
Look what Luke Cage's show did for his comics.
Anything is possible at this point, but you are right in that Marvel has to put forth an effort for anything to really happen.
>>
>>34997883
>I can't wait to see what the new Marvel does with the Punisher
>>34997897
>they can't really change the punisher

Oh you poor souls, you haven't witnessed the atrocity.
Secret Empire used reality tampering to make Cap a Nazi hydra leader to stand in for Trump & then had Frank WILLINGLY work for him to stand in for the American gun owner apparently.

After SE they seem to be wanting to distance themselves from the grounded vigilante part of the character & will be giving him War Machine's armor.
>>
>>34997950
>Secret Empire used reality tampering to make Cap a Nazi hydra leader
Didn't they axe that shit quick after the huge amount of backlash they got?
>>
>>34997954
It hasn't wrapped yet but yeah they probably will have it leave as little ramifications as possible.
>>
>>34997958
The one time I'm glad they run back to the status-quoue honestly.
That shit was fucking stupid on top of disrespectful.
>>
>>34997838
https://youtu.be/EuuofJtCVS8

If they can match this, i'll be happy.
>>
>>34997966
Barring the fact that'd he dead in that bathtub, that was a neat fight sequence.
A little bit weird for something Punisher related though. Kinda cartoonish at some points.
>>
>>34997875
>TRANSMETROPOLITAIN

Mon négro !
>>
How much you wanna bet we're gonna see John Wick gun fights in the new Punisher show?
>>
File: 1481966568348.png (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481966568348.png
45KB, 500x350px
>>34997991
As far as I'm concerned that fucked should be required reading, especially for /k/omrades.
>>
>>34997980
Yeah, it was back when Marvel was pretty cartoonish at the time.

I just love how he stabs the Russian and he's like "i just fucked up, didnt I"
>>
>>34997998
Same.
Those "Oh shit" moments are always gold.
>>
>>34997934
It needs the "Dredd" treatment instead of making it some PG-13 I'm a 12 year old badass movie.
>>
>>34998013
Dredd was great, I lovedd the reboot. I hope it gets the Netflix treatment with the same core cast.

>ywn oper8 with a psychic red-head in a megacity against cyberpunk slo-mo junkies who percieve your awesomeness at 1/100th speed
>>
>>34997934
They already made a good Punisher movie. It was called Man on Fire and starred Denzel Washington. Why the fuck couldn't they have done something like that with Frank?
>>
>>34998640
I still haven't watched that, is it actually /k/ or just good?
>>
File: hydracap.jpg (58KB, 1200x646px) Image search: [Google]
hydracap.jpg
58KB, 1200x646px
>>34997954
>>
>>34997932
Typing like that is why nobody takes your views seriously. Put yourself in the garbage when you get back to school.
>>
>>34997998
>cartoonish
That's why I can never like that Punisher movie as a whole, even though I've heard more than a few people talk about how great it was.

The 10 minute video #DirtyLaundry, is so much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
>>
>>34997980
Dude in the comic he smothered the Russian with a fat guy, it's not that much different from the source material, which was less like Punisher MAX and while more serious than other Marvel comics, was still in that slightly silly universe
>>
>>34997950
>apparently
Putting that at the end doesn't mean you didn't pull the entire "stand in for" parts completely out of your ass.
>>
>>34997950
>evil punisher uses an ak
What did they mean by this
>>
>>35000162
Nazi Cap literally puts a wall around earth in space.
>>
>>34997966
Nothing will top Dolph Lundgren fighting Yakuza ninjas at Coney Island to save some Mafia kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umYvv7K4Z_I
>>
>>34999071

Both. Second best Denzel movie, behind Training Day.
>>
>>34997911
I met a dude with his son while on my workshift talking about how the Punisher was way cooler than spiderman.
>>
>>35001403
Spiderman is unofficially in a gay relationship with Johnny Storm in the comics. Unless you're talking about black Spiderman.
>>
>>34997994
I'd be so fucking hyped if they went that route.
>>
>>35001426
>Spiderman being gay
There's another gay spiderman beside the black one and and Andrew Garfield?

>relationship with Johnny Storm
Nigga you what?
>>
>>34997994
>>35001474
John Wick vs. The Punisher who wins?
>>
>>35001011
Wasn't there a scene where this Punisher's car gets rammed and he kills the dude with a ballistic knife? Or is that the thomas jane one?
>>
File: 1501711141095.jpg (17KB, 420x410px) Image search: [Google]
1501711141095.jpg
17KB, 420x410px
>>35001517
>Punisher kills Wick's new dog to draw him out
>Wick's fw
>>
The Punisher is and was the best character. If you've got to read kids books then read this one
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.