[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many people actually carry concealed firearms? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 33

File: CCW2.jpg (82KB, 402x267px) Image search: [Google]
CCW2.jpg
82KB, 402x267px
How many people actually carry concealed firearms? I've read stats on how many licenses the state issues, but most of the people I know who are licensed to carry don't. I'm looking for a realistic estimate of how many people actually do it.
>>
Only fat stupid americans do, in my country I dont have to worry about carrying a weapon.
>>
>>34995957
How about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, ya fuckin commie registry list bolshevik?
>>
>>34995981

That's cool.
>>
All the old fucks here in Florida do. I seriously give up parking spots that I clearly had dibs on because I don't want some old fucking cunt drawing down on me.
>>
>>34995982
That wasn't the point of this thread. You might want to try reading the OP again. Maybe you'll figure it out on the second try.
>>
>>34995957
I passed my exam and have recently sent off my paperwork to the FIB. Just picked up a sig938 to cc. I work from home though so I guess it's only going with me to Whole Foods and the super target in town.
>>
>>34995957
There's really no way to know. The best you'll get is the stats you already have, or maybe some self reported surveys with shit sample sizes in small enthusiast communities. Then there's those who only carry in their vehicles without license, and those who carry illegally outright.

On top of that, you'd have to factor in the frequency of carry and determine if someone who only carries once in a while counts.
>>
I have a license but I rarely carry anyway, because I live in a majority white state.
>>
>>34995957
I carried everywhere with my mp shield 9mm until I got a DUI (I wasn't carrying at the time) and I lost my CHL.
>>
>>34995957
I generally don't but I hold a permit for quick firearms transactions. If I'm traveling in shitty parts of town I'll carry but my daily life of back and forth to work and such I don't feel the need to
>>
>>34995957
it costs $300+ and more than 6 months of wait time to carry in my state, I guarantee 90%+ are actually carrying

that of course comes at a cost of low amount of CCL per population
>>
>>34995981
Just taking a wild guess, but you're in Europe. It's not really all that dangerous in the US. So much of the violence is contained in the black ghettos. I would always get a little butthurt when EU people would be like "muh safety", but that's changing fast. Thanks to your dangerously overboard amount of tolerance, you are being flooded with brownies that are poor, uneducated, violent, who hate your culture, and do not want to assimilate. You're countries are welcoming, with open arms, masses of people much worse than our niggers. I am gloating about this, but it's a Pyrrhic victory, because it doesn't actually benefit any of us. And after the refreshing nature of the role reversal, I'll just feel sorry for you, if I even think of you at all, because 'lol America'
>>
I live in Florida. Carry a Glock 19 and a reload everywhere I go all day, everyday no exceptions. My house gun is an M&P Shield.

It's hard to put a number on it but an overwhelmingly large amount of people who conceal carry or have permits don't do it all the time they're outside, only when they "feel like they might need one". The majority of people don't actually have a true understanding of violent crime and conceal carry so it's understandable.
>>
>>34995981
Well yeah, there's nothing you can do against assault vans and suicide bombers
>>
>>34997304
That seems retardedly backwards? Why would you CCW the larger and higher capacity gun and have the smaller, more compromisingly carry one for HD?
>>
File: loadout-2.png (2MB, 1300x2253px) Image search: [Google]
loadout-2.png
2MB, 1300x2253px
>>34995957

I do, but not all the time.

Usually the times I don't, it's because I'm going to work (company policy prohibits CCW) and don't feel like putting on an ankle holster.
>>
>>34995957

I usually carry OWB. So I carry most of the day.
>>
>>34995957
Only while in Chicago. Funniest thing, the signs don't work.
>>
File: 1498715836805.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1498715836805.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
>>34995957
I've had a CPL for two years, and I can probably count the number of times I've actually carried on one hand.
>>
Working in a gun free zone limits how often I can carry. But I leave a gun locked in my car when I'm at work for the commute. I carry a J frame though. It's small and light enough that I'm never tempted to leave it behind when I'm not at work.
>>
>>34997387
fine taste in beer and pistols, anon

unless this is some kind of joke about a character, in which case I wouldn't know
>>
>>34997368

Because HD puts him in proximity to other weapons and locks.

Meanwhile CCing is for being around random Tyrones in public areas without access to long guns kept in closets and safes.
>>
>>34996984
You should lose your life too, degenerate
>>
>>34995957
>asking /k/ for survey statistics which don't exist
>>
>>34995957
Alaskafag here
>CC er'eday
>No CCL required
>Constitutional Carry like a mo'fukkin BAWS
>GTFO my state tyrannical faggots
>>
File: gun states.png (182KB, 873x878px) Image search: [Google]
gun states.png
182KB, 873x878px
>>34995957
Even in "gun states" where stats are in the range of >50% of households have at least one firearm, and >10% of adults have a concealed carry permit, from my personal experience, which is similar to the OP's, my guess is that the number of people who ever carry a gun is more like 2%, and the number of people who EDC a gun *without fail*, *not just on the weekends* is probably more like 0.01%.

Here is some data on the number of permits actually issued by state.
https://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Concealed-Carry-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf
>>
>>34998872
>>34997522
>>34997505
>>34997487
>>34997387
>>34997304
>>34996998
>>34996984
>>34996574
>>34996346
OP isn't asking how many people on /k/, but how many people out of all the people legally eligible to carry.
>>
>>34995981
In your country Jamal lives with you and your wife. You cuck cunt.
>>
>>34998979
In the AK? Probably about 8% (since we have constitutional carry). So that's about 76,000 people. That of course does not include those who OC or those who EDC a rifle or shotgun (LOT of remote communities in AK and a Glock is not exactly the best SD weapon for Moose and bear).

Over all I'd say about 15% of Alaskan's EDC a weapon on a regular basis. So call it 127,000 people or so.
>>
>>34999025
What basis do you have for saying that? Can you show me any data to even base your extrapolations on?

Just going to Wikipedia, it looks like Alaska is 64% white. If we assume that non-whites (mostly Natives and Asians) and women don't carry guns, that's probably about 32% of the population which are potentially interested in carrying guns legally. We have to further limit that number to just white men who are over 18 or 21 (whichever age Alaska uses), not felons, and who have a high enough income to even be able to purchase a handgun. I don't know what that number is, but I think you're overestimating by a lot when you say 8-15%.
>>
>>34999081
FACTS
>Alaska has more firearms per capita than any other state.
>The majority of Natives live in the bush (i.e. remote communities) where EDC firarms are a survival tool
>Natives and women and asians and blacks in AK shoot, if not CC. Not a lot of Pacific Islanders though, not sure why.
>Handguns can be purchased in AK for as little as $80 form pawn shops or private transfer

My data comes from personal observation of the number of people I see who either OC or CC and those who I personally know who OC/CC. If i had more scientific data I'd have posted a fucking link.

Gods-bedamned racist autists shitting up my /k/.
>>
>>34999181
>>Alaska has more firearms per capita than any other state.
Most guns are owned by a limited number of people.
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/20/494765559/nearly-half-of-guns-in-u-s-owned-by-3-percent-of-population-study-finds
>>The majority of Natives live in the bush (i.e. remote communities) where EDC firarms are a survival tool
Natives are anti-gun and vote against gun rights, even in Alaska.
https://www.adn.com/politics/2016/11/19/interactive-map-precinct-by-precinct-presidential-results-show-a-deeply-divided-alaska/
>>Natives and women and asians and blacks in AK shoot, if not CC. Not a lot of Pacific Islanders though, not sure why.
Show me the statistics.
>>Handguns can be purchased in AK for as little as $80 form pawn shops or private transfer
That's not unique to Alaska.

>My data comes from personal observation
This thread is all about speculating on what we don't know, but personal anecdote is not a really good place to start. It's important to at least start with verifiable data in order to remove personal bias. People often say on 4chan "stop projecting" as a counter to an insult, but there's a lot more utility to that statement than people often realize.

I don't know what it's like to live on an Indian Reservation, since I've never lived on one, but it's a mistake to assume that just because they live around bears, and just because if you or I lived around bears and you or I would CC a handgun, that therefore the Indians all CC handguns. They live entirely different lives and have entirely different views of the world than us. They probably do have guns that they use for hunting and for bear defense when needed, but that's not the same as assuming that they carry concealed.
>>
>>34999269
>Quotes NPR on firearms
>Thinks ADN isn't a liberal rag that slants, if not fabricates news
>Thinks AK Natives live on reservations
>Thinks a CC piece is suitable for bear defense
>Thinks bear defense only happens when you're at home

Stay the fuck out of AK. YOu're not smart enough to avoid dying from the cold, much less the wildlife. Stay in California kid, with the rest of the leftist faggots.
>>
>>34997051
5/7 post even taught me what a pyyrhic victory is

thanks
>>
>>34999269
>http://www.npr.org/2016/09/20/494765559/nearly-half-of-guns-in-u-s-owned-by-3-percent-of-population-study-finds

Complete and utter bullshit.
>>
>>34999308
>Quotes NPR on firearms
You didn't read the article. NPR doesn't do surveys, they only report on them. I just picked the top search result in Google, but if you had looked into it, you'd have found that they are reporting on a Harvard study surveying 4,000 gun owners.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/19/us-gun-ownership-survey

>Thinks ADN isn't a liberal rag that slants, if not fabricates news
They are literally just reporting on election results.

>Thinks AK Natives live on reservations
Where they live doesn't change my point. Thanks for reading for comprehension, though.

>Thinks a CC piece is suitable for bear defense
So you admit that you're not able to stay on topic in the thread?

>Thinks bear defense only happens when you're at home
I did not say or imply that.

>YOu're not smart enough
Look who's talking.
>>
>>34999351
Not an argument.
>>
Work in a kinda crappy part of north Portland where there’s a bunch of criddlers and gangbangers, so of course I carry.
>>
>>34999355
>Thinks Harvard isn't a leftist university
>Thinks 4000 people is a statistically relevant number whan dealing with a population of ~300 million.
>Does not realize that many voters are single-issue voters who are promarily concerned about healthcare or immigration and not 2A.

4000 peopleisn;t even a statistically relevant number when dealing with the population of one state, much less the entiure fucking country. Kid, you don't actually know shit about life in Alaska. No, most villagers don't CC. That's why I used the initial figure of 8%. But since Alaska doesn't require a CC permit, OC becomes a relavant statistic. And since most firearms in the bush are long guns, THEY become statistically relevant; thus the increase to 15%.
>>
Las Vegas here, my class instructor said that 1/3 Las Vegas residents have a permit. The class was packed with about a hundred people and they do three classes a day, five days a week.
HOWEVER, the demographics of our city is pretty unique, up to 50% of the people at any given time are tourists. I would say about 1/10 people in Las Vegas at any given time are packing. I work construction and almost everyone I knows carries on their person, and if they don't they have a gun in their truck.
I hear about criminals being shot by a lawful gun owner just about every day.
>>
>>34999439
>>Thinks Harvard isn't a leftist university
>>Thinks 4000 people is a statistically relevant number whan dealing with a population of ~300 million.
>>Does not realize that many voters are single-issue voters who are promarily concerned about healthcare or immigration and not 2A.
This is not an argument.

>4000 peopleisn;t even a statistically relevant number
You know nothing about statistics.

Your personal experience is not a substitute for empirically verified reality.
>>
>>34999369
Absolutely an argument. Shitty surveys that don't provide an accurate picture of their subject should be outed and ignored.
>>
>>34999471
Prove that it's a "shitty" survey and that it "doesn't provide an accurate picture" of gun ownership. You have produced no arguments.
>>
File: 1493594078481.jpg (63KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
1493594078481.jpg
63KB, 500x751px
>>34995957
I carry illegally. I'm not a felon, just can't afford to drop 150 on a license.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (12KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
12KB, 229x221px
>>34999461
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4000 people isn't even statistcally relevant when dealing with a major metropolitan city.
>because Manhattan is the same as Queens
>because Inglewood is the same as Beverly Hills

"Lies, damned lies and statistics"
-M. Twain
>>
File: 1503779020089.gif (871KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1503779020089.gif
871KB, 500x280px
>>34995981
You don't live near niggers.
>>
>>34999493
>survey of 4000 people indicates that 3% of people own guns
>FBI data indicates that 80 million households have guns
>80 million/300 million = 26%
>LRN2 math
>>
>>34995981
hows all that unchecked cultural enrichment working out for you, eurofag?
>>
File: 1503432742175.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1503432742175.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>34999461
Yes, it is an argument. Acknowledging bias + Acknowledging shortcomings in polls (you should still be smarting over this one, libshit) + Acknowledging political reality = One Argument.
Statistics are not "empirically verified reality you overgrown spud.
>>
>>34999523
What an intelligent response. Because I'm so sure that Harvard researchers wouldn't have normalized for age, demographic, geographic region and all other relevant factors. Yeah. You're totally better at doing surveys of large populations of people than scholars who literally do nothing other than read about how to do this and do this every day of their professional lives.
>>
>>34999554
Great job proving that you didn't read the article, or even comprehend the article title.
>>
IIRC, my state (GA) has one of the highest percents of residents with carry licenses. Out of those who carry on a regular basis, not sure. I carry daily, personally. Usually 2-3 guns. I'm in the minority, of course.

Just from personal observations when traveling, I see a few people open carrying weekly. It's more prevalent in rural areas. Like the other day, driving to the nearby post office, I passed a black feller I know with a Marlin 60 slug over his shoulder. It's just typical out here with snakes, rabid dogs, etc. In Atlanta I've never seen much for open carrying, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least 10% of white men in Atlanta are carrying a gun concealed, just because it's Atlanta.

>>34999554

80 million households, as in HOUSE HOLDS, as in multiple people. So assume a household is 3-4 people, and it's usually one or two parties that have the guns in said household. So at best, it's 40m out of 300, which is 13%. Surveys are almost always done in urban areas though, where gun ownership is lower. And not everyone will say yes because it's none of ya goddamn business what I own. Average household probably has 1-5 guns max. My stepfather has two (an old shotgun from his childhood and a pocket .25). My grandfather has eight or nine if I had to guess. I've got around 50 so that skews the results, but I'm a collector/hoarder too. My aunt/her husband have a single revolver, my girlfriend only has one because she has kids and I taught her how to shoot (inb4 cuck), out of my direct coworkers 4 out of 9 own firearms. The whore owns one Glock 19 because she has kids, ex-Marine guy owns 7, old black dude has four, and the last guy has a single Stevens 320 shotgun for protection.

Rambling aside, overall in the country I'd say no more than 10-20% of households have guns, but there's a much higher concentration in Southern and Midwestern/Flyover areas and Coastal areas are generally low. On my street, I'd guarantee ownership is close to 100%.
>>
>>34999580
If you want to make an argument, you need to address the evidence presented in the study.

>Statistics are not "empirically verified reality you overgrown spud.
That's exactly what statistics are, actually.
>>
>>34995957
idn how you'll ever get an estimate of that because not everyone with a license carrys all the time. I personably carry my g19 with a spare mag when ever I leave the house
>>
>>34999610
>80 million households, as in HOUSE HOLDS, as in multiple people.
That's not the main problem with what he said. He thinks the article is making the claim that ONLY 3% of Americans own guns AT ALL. That claim was never made.
>>
I have carried everyday since I got my license in the mail. The only time I don't carry is if its illegal.
I have several carry guns and several holsters for each gun. That way I have carry options no matter what my outfit or circumstances are.
I think a lot of people don't carry becase they do it wrong (don't use a good belts so its uncomfortable) or necause they're too afraid to print or something at work. Once you decide you're going to carry no matter what its just a matter of finding ways to make it work.
>>
>>34999554
Not defending the survey ot anything, but
>comparing households with population
>>
File: 1503539176872.gif (2MB, 510x416px) Image search: [Google]
1503539176872.gif
2MB, 510x416px
>>34999615
statistics n.
the practice or science of collecting and analyzing numerical data in large quantities, especially for the purpose of inferring proportions in a whole from those in a representative sample.

As has been said before, about half of ALL (not even dependent on field, mind you) scientific studies are discredited in later years and it's plain even to the uneducated public that statistics are unreliable at best. You can draw some ballpark numbers from them, but to say, with no reasonable doubt, yes, it's 3%--that's little more than rational exuberance.
>>
>>34999681
You're quoting a definition without understanding it.
>especially for the purpose of inferring proportions in a whole from those in a representative sample.
What do you think that means?

>As has been said before, about half of ALL (not even dependent on field, mind you) scientific studies are discredited in later years and it's plain even to the uneducated public that statistics are unreliable at best.
Where is your evidence? Where is your argument?
>>
>>34999627
I agree with you on the doing it wrong, etc., and others just don't care enough to, all the time. I carry every time it's permissible. I try my best not to blatantly print, but I have a permit and WI is open carry, so it's irrelevant anyhow. Some of my family carries, but they say it's situational.
>Only carry when you need it.

If it were only that easy.
>>
>>34999355
>Harvard study
>4000 gun owners

How did they findbthem? Self reported? You realize the a good amount (maybe even the majority) of gun owners dont have to register or report and never tell anyone they own guns?

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>35000040
You have one source (not even the original paper!), which does little to credit your argument as I have explained to you. My argument is obviously that your basis for believing that 3% of Americans own 50% of all guns in the country is hilariously unscientific. I'm not wasting my time with you if you can't even parse what I'm saying.
>>
>>35000285
>You have one source
It's one source that you have been unable to refute.
>(not even the original paper!)
It hasn't been published yet. No one has it.
>which does little to credit your argument as I have explained to you.
I'm not talking to a college graduate, am I?
>My argument is obviously that your basis for believing that 3% of Americans own 50% of all guns in the country is hilariously unscientific.
That isn't an argument because you have no evidence, and given that you are trying to refute an evidence-based claim, you have no reason to make that assertion either. That's why I said earlier that you don't have a real argument.

>>35000236
You might want to take that up with the original researchers, unless you just felt like barking at the Moon.
>>
File: EDC.jpg (119KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
119KB, 1280x960px
>>34995957
>How many people actually carry concealed firearms?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-michigan-shoplifter-concealed-carry-20151211-story.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

“There are now about 12.8 million concealed carry permit holders in the U.S., up from 4.6 million in 2007, Ingraham reports.
And a recent Gallup poll found that 56 percent of Americans say the country would be safer if more people carried concealed
firearms.”

http://www.candgnews.com/news/cpl-applications-skyrocket-macomb-county-start-2016-90158

“According to the Michigan State Police, there were 44,605 active CPLs in Macomb County as of December 2015.”
>>
>>34999591
>>34999604

I'm not saying that they didn't do any of those things because they're incompetent. I'm saying they commited academic fraud intentionally to propogate a political stance, to wit; the majority of guns are owned by white men of a certain age range.
>>
File: 1503713637141.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1503713637141.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>35000305
>that you have been unable to refute
>No one has it
If it's a source that doesn't exist yet, then no one can refute it, dummy. Given that your evidence doesn't exist yet, you don't have an argument yet, as well. You're talking to everyone on /k/. Your polemics against any poster here have no place in argument either.
>>
>>35000305
Dude, just Google "reliability of statistics," there's like 10 million hits.
>>
>>35000439
That's not how it works. The academic publishing process can take 2-3 years. This study wasn't completely through that process by the time it was shared with the media, but the main findings were presented in the Guardian article, found here: >>34999355, so you don't get to say that "it doesn't exist."

>Your polemics against any poster here have no place in argument either.
>Your polemics
>polemics
Wew, lad. That's a pretty big word for someone who dismisses the results of a Harvard study because it was once reported in left-leaning NPR. Are you the same guy from a recent Paul Harrell thread who said "facially reasoned" when he meant "facilely reasoned," but would have been better served by a common adjective like "simplistic"? What you are saying is that that high level. You just aren't open to new information when it challenges your world view, regardless of it being supported by a reputable study.
>>
>>35000473
Uh-huh. Good argument, bro. You really showed me that not only do you understand the subject, but you understand how the subject relates to this particular study. Way to go. You have a lot of credibility.
>>
>>34995981
>>34997051
If you haven't committed a crime and aren't a member of a gang, your chance of being a victim of gun violence is on the same order as someone in France, Australia, UK, or any other strictly controlled country.

The average person in the US arrested for gun crime has a rap sheet with 11 or more items on it.

The vast majority of gun crime in the US is gang members killing other gang members. Yes, it's terrible that this is happening, but the idea that an ordinary citizen is at elevated risk is false.

And if you confiscated all those guns from the gang members (magically), they wouldn't go back to school, fathers and good role models wouldn't spontaneously materialize into their lives, and ultimately the only thing that would change is that people in the US would start going on about knife control and molotov control constantly instead of gun control.
>>
File: Harvard BLM.jpg (255KB, 1250x650px) Image search: [Google]
Harvard BLM.jpg
255KB, 1250x650px
>>35000481
Your second paragraph is trash. Do not speak to people this way in the future if you value your own credibility. You have consistently attacked the character of everyone who has disagreed with you so far, see >>35000490

>so you don't get to say that "it doesn't exist."
Yes I do. Until you have a draft, there's nothing to discuss here.
>for someone who dismisses the results of a Harvard study because it was once reported in left-leaning NPR.
Not why I'm dismissing it, once again, and it's a Harvard study I have not read and have no access to. The only "data" I have seen comes from the two articles on this thread, neither of which includes any of their methodology.
While we're on the subject of Harvard, take a look at pic related. I don't believe their academic standards are set to tighten any time soon.
>>
>>35000617
I haven't attacked the character of a single person. If there is someone who has proven that they don't understand a subject, or they have given me bad arguments, then I've pointed that out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/19/us-gun-ownership-survey
All the results are right there.

> take a look at pic related.
Fascinating, so you believe that what students at a university do in their free time is the exact same as what the professors do for their full time research? I'm just trying to understand your point of view, but you haven't actually been to college, have you?
>>
>>35000617
Do you have any evidence to suggest that most guns AREN'T owned by a relatively small number of gun owners with large collections?
>>
>>35000658
>but you haven't actually been to college, have you?
>That's a pretty big word for [you]
>I'm not talking to a college graduate, am I?
>I haven't attacked the character of a single person
Technically, no. But you clearly don't value any of the people here talking to you. Because the most experienced among them do not have degrees.
Anon asked you for methodology, not results.
Who do you think will be the next professors? Them? Hope not. But they certainly have institutional favoritism on their side. And I'm not alone when I say I hope it's not you, unless you learn to drop the holier than thou attitude.
>>
>>35000481
He sounds like Cole Smitty. Chris Chans less autistic half brother. Douche calls himself the smartest critic alive.
>>
>>34996005
then you are a dipshit. No-one shoots eachother over car park spaces. That was literally one of the anti's main points when Cc was first being brought in
>there'll be shootings over fender benders every day, chaos in the streets the sky will fall in

and the net result is that concealed carriers are more law abiding than the general population. Think about it logically fuckwad, if you have a gun on you then you have a reason to NOT escalate the situation because it will result in a shooting. If you were both unarmed you're much more likely of the guy you offended kicking the shit out of you.
>>
>>35000762
It's easy to pretend to be right when you ignore half the words I actually write, huh?

>I'm just trying to understand your point of view, but....
Wow, it's almost like the first half of the sentence had some sort of purpose and when you omit it selectively, the entire meaning of what I said changes, huh?
>for [you]
Not what I said and you know it.
>I'm not talking to a college graduate, am I?
Why won't you answer this question?

>But you clearly don't value any of the people here talking to you.
What does that even mean? Do you want me to care about you as a person? Because I don't, and I hope you don't care about me as a person. I only care about what you are saying, and no, I don't value it highly, since your strategy has consistently been to ignore evidence when it's convenient for you. Why do you think ANYONE would value what you have to say when it hinges on selectively ignoring evidence?

>Because the most experienced among them do not have degrees.
Define "experienced." Many claims have been made in this thread, by you or someone arguing similar points, about the reliability of statistics or the integrity of Harvard research. Lack of college experience is not a strength when making such claims.

>Anon asked you for methodology, not results.
And I answered anon telling him to keep barking at the Moon because I don't have access to that.

>Who do you think will be the next professors? Them? Hope not. But they certainly have institutional favoritism on their side. And I'm not alone when I say I hope it's not you, unless you learn to drop the holier than thou attitude.
This is irrelevant if you know anything about how professors are hired.

>>35000794
>he sounds like a stupid character from a youtube channel, that makes his claims not worth addressing, and it makes me right
Now this is a character attack.
>>
>>34999591
Seriously, what makes you think they did "normalise for age, demographic, geographic reason and all relevant factors". Have you read what factors they did normalise for? Studies are twisted to present a particular view point every day of the week, and you have blind faith that these guys are totally impartial and only care about getting the facts out there.

>all relevant factors

So you can make wild assumptions with no basis to support your pre-conceived notions but other people questioning said flawed study are lunatics who don't even science.
>>
>>35000821
You're both faggots.
>>
File: 1502502592083.jpg (286KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1502502592083.jpg
286KB, 800x585px
>>35000821
I'm busy, quit wasting oxygen. Speak to others with a modicum of respect or not at all. I hope to God you aren't like this in real life, for your sake.
>>
>>35000912
>Seriously, what makes you think they did "normalise for age, demographic, geographic reason and all relevant factors".
Because that would be the typical way that a scientific survey like this is carried out.
>but what if they used bad science and forgot to do that
That is why it's relevant that the study was done by Harvard researchers. It would be such an elementary mistake to, for example, ONLY survey New York gun owners, while totally ignoring the type of gun owners that live in Wyoming or South Dakota, that for a study like that to make it to the media and then later turn out to be full of such errors, that it may not embarrass the media, but it would severely damage the school's reputation. It just wouldn't happen. I believe that these people know their subject well enough to avoid such mistakes.

>Studies are twisted to present a particular view point every day of the week, and you have blind faith that these guys are totally impartial and only care about getting the facts out there.
I have a certain degree of faith in the researchers, yes, since I know that they are either going to be comprised of professors (who know this process inside and out), or at least closely supervised by professors and the results closely reviewed by professors before being sent to the media. That said, I will of course verify that assumption when the full study is published.

>So you can make wild assumptions with no basis to support your pre-conceived notions but other people questioning said flawed study are lunatics who don't even science.
First, no. They are reasonable assumptions. Second, I didn't have any preconceived notions about the distribution of guns among gun owners, but one look through the arsenal threads on /k/ - or any other gun forum - does seem to indicate that gun owners with large collections are out there, which in turn lends credibility to the study.
>>
>>35000920
Make respectable arguments if you want people to respect what you say. Do it enough and people might even respect you as a person.

Keep selectively omitting facts and misconstruing what other people say in order to make it seem like they are making character attacks, and people are going to continue to disrespect what you have to say and not think very highly of you as a person.
>>
>>34999510
>150 for a chl
>costs about 450 after all's said and done in my state and there's no guarantee we can even get approved in the first place
Nigga, get your goddamn chl.
>>
>>34995957
I don't ask the state permission on how I want to carry. CHL stands for cuckold license.
>>
>>35001022
The only person disrespecting me in my life is you. I don't see this as a coincidence. And seriously, once again, lose the attitude for your own sake.
>>
>>35001185
>The only person disrespecting me in my life is you.
Except I haven't attacked you once. You just conflated your value as a person with your ability to disprove a Harvard study involving 4,000 subjects using a wave of your hand.
>>
File: 1497821379777.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497821379777.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>>34995957
I havea question:
there is a chance someone can carry a firearms with lisice but for some reason he won't get permit for concealed carry?(so he can only carry it in non concealed way)
I'm not amreican
>>
>>35001229
some places don't require the lisicen to carry openly
>>
>>35001203
You've constantly attacked him and you've not justified the study other than saying it's from Harvard.

Also you've quoted the Grauniad, which the lefty Daily Mail, so further points lost for that.

Grow up and learn to speak to others as an equal and not a superior.
>>
>>35001496
>You've constantly attacked him
No. I've attacked his arguments.
>and you've not justified the study
Not my job to.

>Also you've quoted the Grauniad, which the lefty Daily Mail, so further points lost for that.
Attacking the messenger, not the message. Not an argument.

>Grow up and learn to speak to others as an equal and not a superior.
Get your ego out of your arguments.
>>
>>34996005
Florida fag here. No, fuck em. If I had a spot, I take it. This ain't even the Thunderdome. People do dumb shit in this state, but never heard people drawing over a damn parking spot at Publix.
>>
>>34995981
SO progressive
SO tolerant.
>preps wifes bull.
Nice one peejet.
>>
>>35001550
Go look up youtube videos of people flashing guns.
It happens but I believe those people get arrested for brandishing.
>>
>>34995981
What country is that?
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (219KB, 1225x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
219KB, 1225x948px
I live in Philly. If I'm going anywhere north of Market St or West of 46th then I have my Glock 19 on me IWB with a button down of some sort to smooth it out.

If I'm going around the corner to Walgreens or to the grocery store during the day I usually just slip my LCP2 in my pocket because I'm lazy.

I rarely carry to work. It's too much of a liability. Sure i would most likely get away with having my LCP on me at work at all times, but I do a lot of bending down and stepping on step ladders, so i'd always be worried about it, and I work in a really nice area, so it's a lot of liability for an unlikely situation in which a .380 wouldn't do me any good anyway (active shooter situation is what i'm referring to)

Always looking for ways to make my Glock 19 more comfortable and more convenient. I either have to set up my hybrid holster, which takes about 10 minutes of adjusting to get right, or put it in my hard kydex holster which digs into my hip all day and gives me back problems.

>>34998979
There's not really any other way to get data on it. You'd need some national survey and then some way to autistically turn long descriptions like I did into percentage data, and even then it would not be accurate because of the nature of surveys.

I'd say at any given time of the day there's a 35% chance I have a gun on me, and if you count the times my AR is within 6 feet of me it goes up to 60%
>>
>>35004264

Nobody knows exactly how often people who are licensed to carry actually do carry, but there IS information on how many people, in each state, are licensed to carry. See: >>34998958 for a survey of the percentage of the adult population licensed to carry in each state. That would be a good starting point. From there, we all know that the actual number of people who carry a gun daily is a lot less than just the number of people licensed to do so, we just don't know how much less.

That kind of information makes it pretty damn hard to believe claims that 15% (made by geniuses like >>34999025) of the population carries a gun in certain constitutional carry states.
>>
File: 1453610873331.jpg (122KB, 960x776px) Image search: [Google]
1453610873331.jpg
122KB, 960x776px
>>
>>35004464
>UT 31.9%
>HI 45.1%
Yeah, this is accurate.
>>
>>34995957
Every time I leave the house.
>>
>>34995957
I carry, but I'm in a constitutional carry state, so no licenses needed.
>>
>>34995957
Nobody really knows for sure, because the whole point of concealed carry is that it's concealed. And people generally don't want to advertise that they're carrying.

If you ever go to Florida, Alaska or Wyoming though, then it's probably safe to assume most people around you are carrying.
>>
>>35000802
http://wkrg.com/2017/05/29/florida-parking-dispute-escalates-to-fatal-shooting-2-dead/
>>
>>34995957

Kentucky, daily.

Polls are bullshit. Numbers are far, far greater than shown.
>>
>>34996984
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
File: 1501278384732.png (907KB, 941x730px) Image search: [Google]
1501278384732.png
907KB, 941x730px
Live in Arizona, have over 50 firearms I collect.
Rarely do I CC, and I never Open Carry.

Once anything becomes LEGAL or in this case accepts the law as written, The thrill is gone.

Just something I noticed in all my days,
People who open carry are all insecure pussys (except those who's job it is to do so) There isn't one exception to that rule.
>>
>>34997304
My dad does this and I have to constantly remind him how dumb that is
>>
>>35004264
>I rarely carry to work. It's too much of a liability. Sure i would most likely get away with having my LCP on me at work at all times, but I do a lot of bending down and stepping on step ladders, so i'd always be worried about it, and I work in a really nice area, so it's a lot of liability for an unlikely situation in which a .380 wouldn't do me any good anyway (active shooter situation is what i'm referring to)
>Always looking for ways to make my Glock 19 more comfortable and more convenient. I either have to set up my hybrid holster, which takes about 10 minutes of adjusting to get right, or put it in my hard kydex holster which digs into my hip all day and gives me back problems.

Appendix carry is your friend. Having the gun out front makes it much easier to keep track of how well it is concealing (When I carried at 4 o'clock I'd always worry about my shirt riding up over the gun when I reach above my head). Not to mention the draw is faster and more intuitive.

Downside: You could shoot your dick off if you're careless.
>>
Someone please explain to me how it works in the USA. I know the gun laws vary state by state, but in general is it more difficult to open carry of to CC? Do you need some kind of permit for a CC but you can open carry freely?

Thanks for the answer, I come from Slovakia and I have a CC permit, however open carry is prohibited.
>>
>>35005044
You live in Arizona. I live in Atlanta, I conceal every time I go out.
>>
>>34995957
I don't even go anywhere I can't carry. I carry to take the trash out, and I poop with a gun.
>>
>>34999081
>if we assume women and non-whites don't shoot
Why would we do that?
>can't afford
An $80 used hi-point?
>>
>>35005044
The only reason you can walk around unarmed and be relatively safe is because of all the firearms around you. Go live in a shitty nieghborhood in NYNY and tell me guns aren't worth carrying.

And protip: if nobody carried "because they're insecure" it would be just like that shithole
>>
>>35007189
Open carry is generally unregulated, but as you mentioned yourself, states are different. Some have licensed OC, most have unlicensed, some have no OC and licensed CC, 5 are "constitutional carry" states which allow permitless carry of firearms whether concealed or open
>>
File: muh glock.jpg (241KB, 1200x1188px) Image search: [Google]
muh glock.jpg
241KB, 1200x1188px
i dont have a license and carry every day

cc permits are a jewish scam
>>
File: bait.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>34995981
>>
>>34995957
I would estimate only 50% or less of those with licenses actually carry. Where I live, Massachusetts, you can't buy a pistol without an LTC. I have my LTC but only carry about 30% of the time because my work takes me into federal facilities and schools too often, and I don't carry when I plan on drinking.
>>
File: Real human bean.jpg (2MB, 3408x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Real human bean.jpg
2MB, 3408x2988px
>>34997505
Me two and I can count the amount of times I have not carried in those 2 years on one hand. I'll carry absolutely everywhere, work, school, anywhere without metal detectors. I used to be a Europoor without any gun rights, never again!
>>
File: 1503590874764.jpg (70KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503590874764.jpg
70KB, 720x720px
>>35012002
Good man! I'm truly proud to have you as my compatriot.
>>
File: 1497121015773.jpg (49KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497121015773.jpg
49KB, 400x500px
>Go through hoops to get license
>Don't carry everywhere

Why do people do this? It's like keeping a fire extinguisher in your house only when you "feel" like you need it.
>>
>>35012176
It's not that illogical. There's a massive waiting period in most places, so if you think: "i wouldn't carry in case of a mugger, but I'd damn sure cc if i knew my neighbor had it out for me or something" then having the CC already is the difference between carrying it the day you find out, and weeks or months later.
>>
>>34995957

I do. Everyday, everywhere.
>>
>>34995957
I only carry at work because nigs gonna nig and my work exposes me to a lot of them and bums

don't carry around home town because dat 98% white demographic
>>
>>35012002
>I used to be a Europoor without any gun rights, never again!
where are you from? welcome anon
>>
File: hmmm america.jpg (2MB, 3112x2338px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm america.jpg
2MB, 3112x2338px
>>35012161
It's my honor thank you for having me, I wish I could've served too. It's fine I have a career I'm already working towards.
>>
>>35012294
Deutschland.
>>
>>35012327
herzlich wilkommen. I just got back from Germany/Switzerland/Austria last month
>>
>>35012350
Danke. I definitely forgot almost all my German unfortunately. I was 10 when I came here. it's been close to 20 years and I only speak English with my parents. How was your trip? Why did you visit? Business or pleasure? I can't wait to make a trip myself!
>>
>>35012383
It was fucking great desu, I was just there for fun and to visit a fraternity brother who grew up/lives in Switzerland. I stayed in Kreuzlingen Switzerland, then Konstanz Germany. Also went to Salzburg for a bit. The people were amazing, food was great, and beers cheap. Can't ask for much more than that. Plus my buddy has an amazing classic car collection that we drove around in. I can't recommend taking a trip there enough
>>
>>35012423
Glad you had a good time. Did you experience any fast speed autobahn drives or do they even have any limitless sections anymore? Also, most Europeans speak English nowadays right? I actually just got Rosetta Stone to start remembering German.
>>
>>34995981
>I dont have to worry about carrying a weapon.

Well ignorance IS bliss after all.
>>
Everyone I know (myself included) in Ohio carries everywhere they go at all times. Niggers inhabit everywhere here that isn't rural farm towns. They always try to start shit. I live in an apartment that's 40% indians/50% niggers and the rest assorted but only around 2% whites. I will go downstairs to the only doors in and out and niggers are always dinduing leaning against the doors in packs. They also don't move. I had to present my firearm once late at night because when I opened the door the nigger was leaning on he shoved me and reached for his pocket. He acted really polite after that.

I despise /pol/ but they are right about blacks. They need to be exterminated for the good of the world.
>>
>>34995957
I live in Kentucky and only got a permit because it serves as a background check when purchasing a firearm.
>>
>>35012458
I only met one person who didn't speak english and they were albanian. We didn't take any of his cars out too fast, we usually rode around in a 64 triumph tr4. Although he did have one that he took on an 800 mile rally the week before I got there, but he and I were tinkering with it a bit
>>
>>35012520
>64 triumph tr4
Sweet. Your Euro friend, he any guns?
>>
>>34995957

IIRC something like 5% of Americans carry. Don't have a sauce for that though.
>>
>>35012460
Eventually you will realize that /pol/ is right about most things
Then you will hate the world and most people
>>
>>35012599
yeah I think it's under a million, too lazy to google. probably because a lot of tinfoil hat don't want to get fingerprinted or too lazy to do the safety training
>>
>>35012581
Yeah he lives in Switzerland now so he's got a few
>>
>>34995957
I have CCW.
I even carry mowing the lawn, going to the store for a loaf of bread, taking out the garbage.
Feel me?
>>
File: ffwzAXw.jpg (2MB, 1818x1228px) Image search: [Google]
ffwzAXw.jpg
2MB, 1818x1228px
>>34995957

I carry a weapon. Keep in mind that I and others like me are young or young-ish, single men. Many people are permitted but don't carry all the time or close to it, and that's fine. Honestly, 5% of people carrying is still just enough of a deterrent, if people are vocal about it, to deter a lot of violent crime. At least 10% would be way better, but that's 5% of the *total* population and of course it will be skewed more towards people likely to be in a position to be victimized.
>>
>>34995957
I've carried nearly every day for the past 2 or 3 years.
>>
>>34995957

I carry daily for both work and personal purposes, and have since I got my carry permit at 18. Even before that, in my home state a 16 y/o with a hunting license can get away with a gun in the vehicle, so I carried a minimum-length shotty in the truck.
>>
>>35013137
What state?
>>
>>34995957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTKY8gQ-O4
>>
>>35013312

Bammer
>>
>>35012770
Do you carry when you go to sleep?
>>
File: Jericho.jpg (2MB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Jericho.jpg
2MB, 2000x1125px
>>34995957
Texan here. Last I heard about 1 in 20 eligible citizens had their concealed carry licenses. So that excludes felons and children.
And not all license-holders always have their weapon on them in public (I certainly don't).

So maybe 1 in 100 on average have a concealed handgun on them right then?

Just a guess.

Pic related is my carry piece.
>>
To all the losers and retards who just can't understand why someone would get a license and then (gasp) NOT carry everywhere, it's because they actually have lives and they actually go out drinking after work.
>>
File: 1491985018345.jpg (76KB, 800x697px) Image search: [Google]
1491985018345.jpg
76KB, 800x697px
>>35014577
That's right goy, let that nigger shoot you because you gave up your right to carry your firearm to drink.
>>
>>35014615
>acting as if you can bear the ultimate responsibility while under the influence of the liquid Jew
Good goy.
>>
File: 1504057727298.jpg (73KB, 654x561px) Image search: [Google]
1504057727298.jpg
73KB, 654x561px
>>35013709
can wait to pop you in the oven, kike
>>
File: Spike with Jericho.jpg (53KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
Spike with Jericho.jpg
53KB, 600x323px
>>35014769
>owning a gun because of a Chinese cartoon makes you Jewish
>>
File: 1504049992818.png (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1504049992818.png
94KB, 640x640px
>>35014929
owning a jewish gun makes you a kike, the day of the rope is coming and we will shut your lying jewish mouths for good this time
>>
File: IAN.jpg (45KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
IAN.jpg
45KB, 480x540px
>>35014769
>>35014989
Cool story bro.
>>
>>35014739
>implying I drink
>>
File: we're coming for you.jpg (270KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
we're coming for you.jpg
270KB, 1200x799px
>>35014989
Can't wait to eliminate you socialists just like my grandpappy did, only this time we're coming after communists too. Fuck national (((socialists))) and fuck (((communists))).
also,
>the (((socialist))) calling anyone else a kike
top kike faggot
>>
Everybody point and laugh at the LOSER: >>35015104
>>
File: 1502417551474.jpg (135KB, 566x677px) Image search: [Google]
1502417551474.jpg
135KB, 566x677px
>>35015102
see you on the battlefield

>>35015144
i like youre spirit, i think ill gas you last
>>
Live in Arizona. Not only do I CC, but 5/15 of my coworkers CC while at work, and every single person in our office owns guns with the exception of the one anti-gun faggot who doesn't know that at any given time he is right next to at least 2 people with guns on them.
>>
>>34995957
I have a license but don't regularly carry. Most due to school or being places where I can't/shouldn't have a weapon on my person.
>>
>>35012176
>Go through hoops to get license
Literally an application with a few bucks and copy of DD-214. No sweat.
>>
>>34995957
i work at a school, so daily carry is a pipe dream outside of summer/winter break
>>
>>35015161
I'm pretty sure my grandpappy's german nazi kill count is over 20 confirmed kills. Feels so good to know he killed so many germans with his rifle. I will make his spirit proud when it's time to do the honors and remove national (((socialists))) again. The only thing you'll be gassing is yourself in your moms basement that you never leave and shit and fart in a bucket because you're too anxious to step outside among real humans.
You stupid socialist kike faggot.
>>
File: IMG_2063.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2063.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>35016365
youre projecting again sweetie
>>
>>35016365
>confirmed kills
Easiest way to spot a retard
>>
>>34999510
>just can't afford to drop 150 on a license.

No worries, you're going to enjoy the uphill climb that is the legal battle in the event that you do use your gun defensively. Surely you haven't spent $150 on stupid shit you don't really need that could have gone to your permit?
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.