[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/, just got off the boat and I've got about $4,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Arthur M. Anderson.jpg (61KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur M. Anderson.jpg
61KB, 1024x681px
Sup /k/, just got off the boat and I've got about $4,000 I can afford to blow on something cool. What should I get?

I've been thinking about doing a new AR build. Been wanting to make something that would work nice as a general purpose plinking and hunting rifle.

Also been wanting to get into collectible firearms too, though. I've always wanted a broomhandle, I just feel like it would spend more time just sitting on my desk in my office looking cool than actually getting used.

I've also thought about redoing the section of my basement I keep my guns in. I've got plans to make a wall-length workbench, put in a safe as well as some wall mounts, a big metal pegboard I can put all my tools and stuff on, etc. And of course, get some decoration. Old wartime propaganda posters, blueprints of different firearms, etc.

So, any suggestions on which one I should pick? Also open to any other ideas. Nothing involving dragon dildos or feminine penises, please.
>>
Just get a Colt LE6920.
>>
Is your mortgage paid off? When you kill that motherfucker your joygasms will be immense. Been there, done that, and it frees lots of money for toys.

I suggest redoing the basement and making a very nice gunsmithing and general work area with excellent lighting, plenty of outlets, a small, quiet air compressor and whatever else makes you smile.

I would go for a very heavy duty bench (stability is beautiful) or build one, and use a butcher block top for kindness to delicate fun parts. You can also get rollaround tool boxes with butcher block tops. Give yourself more storage than you think you need.

One gun, even a fun gun, won't be nearly as fun as a room done to your preferences in which many guns, dildos or whatever can live later.

Once the room is done, treat yourself to a nice selection of gunsmithing and other tools.
>>
>>34995087
What part of maritime did you get into? I just left iron working to go to school to get into it any tips?
>>
>>34995244
Yeah here's a tip, unless you like dealing with annoying cunts all the time and doing tedious bullshit just for the sake of looking busy, avoid the Great Lakes. If you're smart, do engineering. You'll make way more money (engineers get called to come look at something that takes like 10 minutes and will write in an hour of overtime) and actually have employment opportunities shore side. Plus, when the day comes that all of the deck guys are run out of a job, they'll still need licensed engineers to keep that shit running.
>>34995215
Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards.
>>
>>34995152
/thread
>>
>>34995087
If you have a place you can use it, night vision and IR laser.
>>
Buy a sat phone, boatfag.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.