[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in Texas >delivering packages for work >neighbor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 1502291826619.jpg (93KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
1502291826619.jpg
93KB, 600x592px
>live in Texas
>delivering packages for work
>neighbor has their dogs unleashed
>2 huge labs that reach my waist
>they lunge at me snapping but dont bite me
>left my gun in the car

Hypothetically if they did bite me and I shot them how much shit would I be in?

Would it have been worse if I was on their property?
>>
I didn't know the atf was a delivery service too
>>
File: 1503150011598.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1503150011598.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
I thought the ATF already trained you for this...
>>
>>34986729
ATF shoots first and asks questions later
>>
>>34986714
Honestly probably a lot. I'm not sure but if you were unlucky enough to et some hippy judge or some over sympathetic jury you might be screwed.
>>
>>34986714
if they bit you, you can shoot them
>>
>>34986780
So even if I wasn't on their property my best bet would be to try and survive then just sue?

>>34986808
What if I was on their property? I can't think of any way possible a lawyer could spin that for a judge or jury
>>
>Hypothetically if they did bite me and I shot them how much shit would I be in
If they bite you, don't shoot the dog, you can just sue the shit out of them
>>
>>34986780
>>34986808
Please stop helping the ATF
>>
>>34986714
It's not worth the potential lawsuits or criminal charges. Use pepper spray. Shoot to kill if the pepper spray doesn't deter them.
>>
>>34986861
I'm wondering how this would work

In Texas, even your driveway and front yard is considered part of your home and it is considered trespassing to be on it without permission. I would have no legal right to be there.

I'd have a strong justifiable reason - I'm delivering stuff for work, stuff that belongs to these people.

Not sure how it would go down in court, but I didn't think it could end any other way aside from me getting in bad trouble if I did shoot them.

Could the owners of the property claim the dogs acted in self defense and they can't be help criminally or civially liable because I was trespassing or something?
>>
>>34986827
Self defense and you sue them for damages because it happened on their property so their homeowners insurance has to cover you.
>>
>>34986714
>neighbor has their dogs unleashed
YOUR neighbor's dogs were there? or the client's neighbors?
Why were you on your customer's neighbor's yard?

If you were attacked, your job should have some sort of insurance protecting you as a delivery person.
>>
>>34987002
No. A human acts in self defense, and a dog could be considered a weapon, but a weapon would have to be activated by a user.

Do you think it would be legal to plant claymores on your yard because you don't like people going to your door?

I recommend seeking legal counsel before you go making any decisions
>>
>>34987004
Interesting. The law is on my side if I was "legally" trespassing?

>>34987026
Sorry, this was like 5 miles away from where I live

The neighbor of the client's dogs, not MY neighbor's dogs. Never met those people or those dogs before.

I'm considered an independent contractor and don't get any benefits or insurances or whatever
>>
>>34986714
I call extreme bullshit.

Every lab I've ever come in contact with were the friendliest dogs imaginable.

Unless you're an ignorant dumbass and the dogs aren't actually labs. What color were they?
>>
>>34987158
One was black the other was golden brown
>>
>>34987086
unless you're a cop, your job gives you no legal right to enter a property. delivering a parcel doesn't cut it

otherwise private companies could just give themselves the right to enter anyone's home

because of this, you better have damn good reason to kill the dogs, and probably 'self defense' isn't going to cut it, because you have no legal right to be there and you just destroyed someone elses property.
>>
>>34987299
There's a difference between entering a domicile and entering a property. For this exact reason, it's why a police officer is able to walk up to your door without a warrant, or a postal service agent can go up to your door to deliver mail.

Now if there's a no trespassing signs indicating that the owner of the property doesn't want you on the land, that's a different story but op hasn't stated if that was the case
>>
>>34987455
no, it's actually because you haven't been trespassed yet

literally it is. you have no right to be there, it's just that you haven't been expressly told to fuck off yet. otherwise, the home owner couldn't tell you to fuck off at all. nope, i''ve got a right to be on your doorstep, it ain't a domicle

delivery boys can't go around shooting dogs simply so they can do their job and deliver their parcels. 'need to deliver a parcel, i'll just shoot the dog and drop it on the doorstep ho hum'. private jobs don't give you the ability to go around destroying property for shits and giggles.
>>
>>34987545

If you're delivering a package, then you have been invited on to the property.
>>
>>34987626
>If you're delivering a package, then you have been invited on to the property.
no
>>
>>34987658

Yes.

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-30-05.html

>(e)It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor at the time of the offense was:
>(3)a person who was:
>(A)employed by or acting as agent for an entity that had, or that the person reasonably believed had, effective consent or authorization provided by law to enter the property; and
>(B)performing a duty within the scope of that employment or agency.
>>
>>34986714
>live in Texas
Thought you niggas were going through Jumanji right now? Let the storm deal with them.
>>
>>34988090
It's onlu bad if you live by Galveston or south Houston. North Houston here, haven't had anything at all but some rain since it started, not even a power outage
>>
>>34988142
Ah, well if shit hits the fan just use the doggos as flotation devices and best of luck to you.
>>
you still have a right to self defense

don't let dogfags tell you otherwise
>>
File: fpsr.jpg (35KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
fpsr.jpg
35KB, 660x360px
>>34986729
Oh yes. They deliver free samples of butane honey oil now. Free of charge and likely without notice.
>>
>>34986714
r u undercover atf?
>>
In a perfect world we'd kill all dogs anyway
>>
>>34986714
Are you a federal employee, ie a mail carrier?
If yes, you can simply refuse to deliver said packages because of dangerous animals.
In theory, the same can be said for private businesses but your boss might not be so forgiving.
And even though he can't fire you for exactly that, he can and will find a way to terminate you with cause otherwise.
Feed the dogs a treat or two when making deliveries and see if the owner will "introduce" you to them.
Might solve the aggression issue, unless they're trained to be that way by a dick owner, then you might have to go full ATF on them.
>>
>>34986714
As a guy who has shot a dog in Texas, you'll get ass reamed by the cops, but if they were outside a fenced area, and you didn't hit anything but the doggo or ground, they won't have anything to legitimately charge you with.
>>
>>34987092
Dude, if you're delivering packages (provided the recipients wanted and expected the contents) then you're not trespassing. Further, you can sue if the recipient's animals attack you while delivering whatever. I would not shoot any one or thing on another person's property, though. Even if you were attacked by a third party's animals while on a second party's property, you could still be held liable for potentially endangering the second party with stray gunfire. Hell, even if the second party declines to press charges and the third party mans up and accepts culpability, the state could still decide to pursue prosecution. The law gets really weird here. You're cool if you're on public land (the street, sidewalk, a park, etc.) or your own property, though. Provided you're legally carrying, don't hit a person, the area isn't posted, whatever. You get the idea.
>>
File: fire-die.gif (114KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
fire-die.gif
114KB, 750x600px
>>34987296
Jesus Christ, you're a faggot. Golden labs are the ones that are the friendliest dogs guaranteed to never bite anyone, except extreme autists, or people that beat them. Black labs are just behind them on the friendly scale. The only thing you have to worry about is all the slobber the black lab will get on you when you pet them.

See my pic for advice.
>>
>>34986827
you have a legal right to be on their property delivering packages, if they didn't have dog warning signs up you could kill their dogs and sue them after the dogs bit you.

if they do have dog warning signs up leave a note on the gate or mailbox that they need to pick up their package at the distribution point.
>>
>>34986864
keep your aggressive dogs contained and it's not a problem, cops will still shoot them though.
>>
>>34986714
asking 4chan for advice is unwise.
asking 4chan for legal advice is putting your freedom at risk

call these people ahead of time and ask them to meet you outside to receive packages? or, sound your horn to get their attention?
this is your job? have some supervisor or someone smarter than you come up with a solution
OP you are stupid
>>
>>34986754
ATF shoots first and then shoots anyone who asks questions.
>>
>poisoned meatballs
>>
>>34986714
>Being scared of a Labrador

LMFAO kid. They wanted to lick you/have you pet them. They are harmless.
>>
>>34989870

Bull crap. While the labrador is known to be one of the most family friendly breeds you can't know if the particular doggie in front of you is a well treated and trained individual, or a crack house pet that gets more kicks than meals and is 'trained' to be hostile. Caution is always the better first response. Delivery boy in a quandary about best action? Call your boss, fool. It's the 21st century and you DO have a phone.
>>
OP easiest thing to do is carry some hypoallergenic treats so even if the bitch complains that her dog has food allergies you can say they were hypoallergenic treats. the dogs will then associate you with food and more than likely would not mind your presence or would welcome it. yeah it'll be like 10 dollars on treats but that would easily last you like 6 months of random dogs you come across. write it off at the end of the year on work related expenses.
>>
>get small bite on hand
>walk back to car and get shotgun
yeah you be fine
>>
Labs won't bite you unless you're a nigger like op
>>
>>34990661
This seriously
>>
>lab
>up to your waist
When will they learn
>>
OP here, sorry about that

I meant to say retriever, not labrador. Not sure why I said labrador.

They were really aggressive and snapping right at me, less than a few inches away from actually biting me.

Decided to go with not shooting any dogs in the future and just deal with it in court if it ever happens again.
>>
>labs
>Aggressive
Negative Ghost Rider

Stop being a creepy fuck op, dogs pick up on that and act accordingly
>>
>>34995828
>walking up to neighbor's house holding a box
>CREEPY AUTISTS UGH I'M CALLING THE POLICE HELP A WEIRDO TRIED TO RAPE MY DOGS AND I HAD THEM ATTACK THIS WEIRD GIRL HOLDING A BOX
>>
>>34995681
>I meant to say retriever, not labrador. Not sure why I said labrador.

Because Labs are retrievers, just like goldens and flat-haired. Most of the retriever breeds would gladly let a stranger into your home as long as you come with treats/toys/food. Your curlies and chesapeake bay variety are more aloof but wouldn't be aggressive like terriers/ mastiff fighting dog breeds and even then depending on the breed they just may be more dog aggressive compared to overall aggression.

carry a treat and even for some semi-aggressive dogs you can just toss them to the side while you go about your business. if they go eat the treat you gave them you can win them over, but if they don't even bat an eye at the treat then leave that place the fuck alone. you will get bit
>>
hello atf
>>
>>34986714
I'll just say this, were anyone to shoot any of my dogs I WILL feed them feet first slowly into a wood chipper.
>>
File: are you stupid.jpg (85KB, 575x750px) Image search: [Google]
are you stupid.jpg
85KB, 575x750px
>>34987002
It's not trespassing to deliver a package to them, fool. Do you think every USPS/UPS/Fedex guy in the country is committing misdemeanor offenses all day every day?
>>
>>34996054
I dont think you are legally allowed to carry a gun while acting as a carrier?
>>
>>34995999
Keep your dogs in your house and make sure they don't attack anyone then, you gigantic fuck stick.
>>
>>34997116
>acting as a federal carrier
Ftfy
>>
>>34986714
>huge
>labs

Man up you pussy
>>
>>34995884
But OP doesn't care if he's safe or not, he just wants to shoot people's dogs for shits and giggles.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.