[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you carry a weapon responsibly when you don't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0514.jpg (219KB, 1225x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
219KB, 1225x948px
How do you carry a weapon responsibly when you don't have a lot of experience with weapons, fighting and training? Is there a certain amount of experience you need to have before you can carry responsibly? or do you just have to be mindful of your lack of experience and not get yourself into situations you can't handle.

I never even shot a gun until I was 25 years old, and that was two years ago. At the moment there are no ranges in my area that let me practice things like drawing from the holster or moving and shooting, I havent found any non BS training instructors who teach that type of stuff without charging an arm and a leg, so all I can really do is practice dry fire and drawing in my room and go to the range twice a month (which is all I can really manage with my schedule) I try to work on a combination of aimed shots, going from low ready position to firing, and double tap drills, but again I never feel like I'm getting enough training in the department of drawing quickly. How can I work on that without access to a shot timer and a range that lets me draw from the holster?
>>
>I havent found any non BS training instructors who teach that type of stuff without charging an arm and a leg

What are they charging, and what are they offering? Expect to pay $100+ for a few hours of good hands on instruction.
>>
>>34985813
Also, consider the following:

Travel and take classes from instructors you like.

You don't need to practice double tap from the holster to get fast. You can practice drawing to low ready separate from low ready to fire.

Find some shooting competitions nearby and compete. Steel challenge, ipsc, 3 gun, anything that lets you do stuff you can't do at a static range.
>>
>>34985918

>>34985813
The one training school in my area is charging $400 for a 4 hour intermediate pistol class, and the concealed class only teaches appendix carry (fuck that) I had a chat with the lead instructor and it just didn't seem like he was offering anything worth that much.

I listen to Primary and Secondary podcast and those guys sound like they know their shit. I'm poor as fuck right now but when I get a better job I'll probably fly down to arizona to take some classes from people like that.
>>
>>34985366

SHALL

But seriously, what is it with you young men today. Oh no, someone needs to train me!

No, you train yourself if you didn't have a male figure to train you. Truth is in a real self-defense scenario you're just gonna freeze, forget all of the high drag low jigaboo shit you've been taught, and start yanking that trigger like it's your first fuck's ponytail. Another truth: any training is already better than the training Tyrone will have, and at worst will be on par with what Sadiq the Sleeper Sapper will have. IMO, you mostly need to practice firing your gun, and as much as shit as I'm about to get for this; fire a few rounds without hearing protection. If you ever have to figure in a real situation, you won't have hearing protection so you need to understand how the sound will affect you and prepare yourself to correct for that. But don't do it too many times and fuck ya hearing up, but you can do it a few and you probably won't be more fucked up than the rest of us.
>>
>>34986286
>fire a few rounds without hearing protection.

This! I recommend going into your closet and firing a few rounds in there to get used to the flash as well. Also it's important to see how your carry ammo penetrates your jackets, make sure you wear the same jackets that the bad guys do for maximum effect. Also if you wear the same jackets as the bad guys do then they'll think your one of them and you can sneak up behind them and shoot them in the medula oblingata.
>>
Teach yourself. Drawing and shooting a gun isn't hard.
>>
File: 1480370897183.jpg (25KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1480370897183.jpg
25KB, 480x359px
>>34985366
As someone who has taken a real shooting class, I will say it's not strictly neccessary to be able to responsibly carry. You can learn a lot of this stuff from going to good sources of information.

Though the only thing you must get is a shot timer. I don't give a shit if $100 seems expensive, you cannot quantify speed or consistency if you do not have a shot timer. It would be like trying to judge how accurate your groups are from shooting off into the dirt.

You can always practice your drawstroke on a timer with a par time and practice press outs at the range since they don't let you do any holster work.

If you're still here, I can point you to plenty of good resources pertaining to self defense.
>>34986238
P&S is good. Learned so much shit from their podcasts over the 1.5 years I've watched them.
>>
>>34986238
>The one training school in my area is charging $400 for a 4 hour intermediate pistol class, and the concealed class only teaches appendix carry (fuck that) I had a chat with the lead instructor and it just didn't seem like he was offering anything worth that much.

That sounds fucking ridiculous. You can go to a 16 hour 2-day course taught by the more reputable instructors for that kind of money.

Where are you located, by the way?
>>
Train drawing and dry firing in your house over and over. Then train drawing and live firing innawoods with a stake driven into the ground so you can blast those Redlegs away.
>>
Look into the idpa, they do great live fire training. I used to go to matches where they would take over a range then set up scenarios inside, like home invaders and such.
>>
File: 1055.gif (91KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
1055.gif
91KB, 800x578px
No training necessary. That's what the class is for. No class needed in your state? Oh well. Also, the first time you carry in public you must go to Walmart and do "The Walk". You're not ready until after you do. Pic related.
>>
>>34987257
So how do you use a shot timer if you can't draw and fire from the holster. How does it work with dry fire?
>>
File: 1500417053817.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1500417053817.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
>>34985366
>How do you carry a weapon responsibly when you don't have a lot of experience with weapons, fighting and training?

I bought and fired my first firearm, a 9x18 mm FEG PA-63, when I was in my mid-20s. I had my permit (yes, never shot a gun to get it) and carried it immediately after. Literally the biggest concern is safely storing your weapon so that children or others don't get ahold of it.

Also, don't try to conceal more than what is practical. Yes, I continued shooting and familiarizing myself with weapons, but carrying is also someonthing you have to practice in order to be comfortable doing it.
>>
>>34989664
Par time. You set the timer to go BEEP, then BEEP again after 5 seconds, 1 second, whatever time you want to beat with your draw.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.