[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did I do /k/? $575 out the door. Matching serials. Couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1747.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
How did I do /k/? $575 out the door. Matching serials. Couldn't pass it up. Been really interested in surpluss lately
>>
>>34983598
you got it that cheap because it's been refinished
those matching numbers don't mean shit now
>>
>>34983628
Pretty sure it's not refinished.. Has all the wear and tear a pistol it's age should. Don't have any more pics, gonna pick it up in ten days.. I live in Komifornia
>>
>>34983598
As a collector's item it's kinda neat. But I just don't care for the appearance of that gun very much. What made you want it? Is there something that you like about it that made you desire it?
>>
>>34983705
I always heard about the pistol and how ugly it was, saw it today and just thought how cool it would be to own a piece of history like that
>>
>>34983628
How do you know its refinished
>>
That's a nice piece of history. No where for the price to go but up
>>
>>34983783
look at the difference between the mag/ grips versus the rest of the steel
>>
>>34983598

You did good...
>>
>>34983598
OP here again, anyone have any idea of how id go about finding out if this thing is safe to fire? I dont have it on hand yet, but Id like to know a bit more about it
>>
>>34983598
I'm jelly OP. I've been watching for a good price on one, but I want a large triggerguard. Did you shoot it yet?
>>
>>34984508
Not yet, I live in a commie state lol. So I have to wait 10 days until I can pick it up
>>
>>34984580
Sorry to hear that. I replied without reading your last post anyway. Take it to a gunsmith to inspect it if you're worried about it being safe to fire.

Can you get ammo for it where you are? It's available via the internet but can you get it delivered to you?
>>
>>34984617
I shouldn't have any problems ordering ammo online. The hard part will be forking over the cash for it, lol. BUT I am for sure going to get a box here soon
>>
>>34984679
Post again when you do, I'm curious to know how it shoots. I'll keep stalking them on gunbroker myself.
>>
>>34984713
Will do! Excited as hell. 10 days to go.
>>
>>34984750
Do you collect surplus? Was it just opportunism at the price?
>>
>>34984775
Pure opportunism. I've been very interested in acquiring a surplus firearm for awhile now, up until today, I just never went through with it. Definitely wont be my last surplus purchase, I wish it could talk!
>>
>>34984839
Sure, early model one like that, it might have seen Korea or Manchuria.
>>
>>34984876
Just thinking about where its been makes me wish that time travel was possible
>>
>>34983598
You did good, but I must warn you DON'T DRY FIRE IT!!! AND BUY SNAP CAPS!! I learned this the hard way with mine, the Nambu's firing pin will snap when dry firing, and on mine I needed to send it in to this nambu gunsmith guy on line who not only re tipped mine, but I also had him make me a new one.

Also you may need to change the spings, wolf makes a set that are pretty good and is a cheap non evasive upgrade.
>>
>>34984957
Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to pick up a set of new springs!
>>
>>34985004
np, bro. Enjoy your new acquisition. One problem that you will find though is ammo... or lack there of.

There is a guy who makes ans sells it but on mine it doesn't run well and I get lots of FTE, I looked the gun over 1000 times and the only thing I can think of is the ammo
>>
>>34984395
Finding ammo is the hard part. New brass was available as of a couple years ago if you want to roll your own, no idea about now. Mr. Nambu on gunbroker may be able to hook you up with loaded ammo if he is still alive and kicking.

Cartridge was really weak to begin with, so unless your example is really badly corroded (which looks to not be the case) you should be fine. Squeeze off the first few shots in your off hand, just in case.
>>
That's pretty legit. Asian guns are always cool
>>
>>34983598
buffalo arms makes ammo for it, wolff makes replacement springs
>>
>>34983913

The mag isn't steel
>>
>>34983913
All Type 14's are like that, dumbass.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.