[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oregonfag here. I'm semi-new to firearm purchases and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: VP40-Left_Web.jpg (223KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
VP40-Left_Web.jpg
223KB, 1200x846px
Oregonfag here.

I'm semi-new to firearm purchases and I've been eyeing up the H&K VP40 for various reasons. Thing is, I'm moving to California in a month or so. I've heard so many conflicting reports on what I can and cannot bring, and I've read that local agencies will outright lie about what's legal or not.

I see that the VP40 is NOT on the California Gun Roster, but according to a lawyer I talked to, the Gun Roster does not apply to someone moving to California, and all I need to worry about is making sure it fits a short list of requirements, and I'll have to register it within 60 days.

I'm still not 100% sure of the situation so I figured you guys were the one place I might get a straight answer. Can I bring a VP40 I purchase in Oregon to California?
>>
>>34982203
>Can I bring a VP40 I purchase in Oregon to California?
yes
you cannot bring mags that hold more than 10
you cannot bring those mags period. its a felony to import them. people are going to say shit like disassemble them lol rebuild kit. no that shit doesnt fly anymore.
if it has a threaded barrel you must dispose of the barrel
any pistol with a threaded barrel is an assault pistol
>>
yes you can, it's an off roster handgun.
also buy some glock 43s and register them and sell them
>>
>>34982231
>>34982242
Thank you. That's what a figured.

I guess I just need to follow the short checklist of

>10 round magazine
>register within two months,
>no threaded barrel etc
>store in locked container while driving down to Cali

EZ. I looked up the police guide and they told me I'd have to ship it to a dealer or some shit
>>
>>34982285
HK45 would be a good choice too if you want to spend some extra cash and not have a .40 S&W
>>
oh and you probably want to stock up on ammo in oregon
ca ammo prices are fucky and its only going to get worse when the internet sale ban happens
>>
File: 1459041828685.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459041828685.webm
2MB, 404x720px
buy all the off roster guns you can before leaving oregon. it's illegal to buy them with the intent to resale, but if you buy a bunch of guns and after you move you realize that you couldn't afford them and have to sell...you'll turn a nice profit. or just keep them because you can't buy them in cuckifornia and that makes you feel special.
>>
File: 1482445056782.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482445056782.webm
2MB, 404x720px
>>34983461
building on that, if nothing else, buy a bunch of AR lowers so you can register them as pistols once in shitifornia. since lowers are dirt fuckin cheap, that's the most bang for your buck.
you might need to actually build a complete one with an upper and then swap the parts through the rest of the lowers, not exactly sure how the process goes.
(there's no other legal route to getting an AR pistol in niggerfornia except for completing an 80%)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.