[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ here. A while ago we had a Punisher storytime, and this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: The Punisher #065 - 05.jpg (283KB, 960x1449px) Image search: [Google]
The Punisher #065 - 05.jpg
283KB, 960x1449px
/co/ here. A while ago we had a Punisher storytime, and this scene looked questionable to me, so I'm asking you /k/ommandos if it is plasuable or bullshit.

The scene involves Frank cornering a bad guy, who is out of guns and is about to be gunned down. But, he has these hidden guns up his sleeve, with which he catches Frank unawares and knocks him out. That is, he fires him in the chest, and Frank then goes unconscious.

The bullets are obviously stopped by the Kevlar vest under the skull insignia, preventing death.

What strikes me as bullshit, is the fact that he falls unconscious. A normal guy who gets shot with a normal handgun (lets say nine milli) while wearing a bulletproof vest, would be knocked back and perhaps bruise a rib or two. Frank is a well trained soldier in peak physical condition, and the guns used here don't look like they are tougher than a 9mm - they are small, concealable weapons. So, I imagine that they wouldn't pack enough punch through the vest to knock out a trained person.

Am I missing something? Would this scene work in real life?
>>
>>34981442
>comics
>working as in real life
>>
The blunt trauma here can be pretty noticeable, especially since it sure as hell ain't a very thick bullet proof vest he has underneath there. But normally you shouldn't fall unconscious from a pair of hammer blows to your upper chest. Then again, pain and shock are very unpredictable things. One hit you don't even notice, and other has your writing on the floor, and the first one may be the more serious one. Not that a comic book writer would give a fuck, things went the way they did because that was what the plot needed.
>>
File: w-wah.gif (904KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
w-wah.gif
904KB, 427x240px
>>34981442
>wearing bullet proof vest means it won't hurt when hit with bullets
are you 5 years old? put a book up to your chest and tell someone to punch you there on the book, see how much can you feel
>>
File: the most important gun.jpg (156KB, 971x1513px) Image search: [Google]
the most important gun.jpg
156KB, 971x1513px
>>34981537
Punisher comics tend to be closer to real life as far as firearms go, than the other capeshit ones.

>>34981626
>A normal guy who gets shot with a normal handgun (lets say nine milli) while wearing a bulletproof vest, would be knocked back and perhaps bruise a rib or two.

I'm not saying it wouldn't hurt. I'm saying that a trained, fit soldier who gets into firefights on a regular basis, getting knocked unconscious by concealed, extremely small guns, is a bit iffy.

There were several instances when Frank got hurt in similar ways, like taking a full shotgun blast to the chest, and it didn't cause him to fall unconscious for days. It just caused him so much pain that he couldn't move a muscle.

What kind of shots would those sleeve weapons need to use, to cause that level of damage, when Frank can stay up from so much pain. Like, did it use small shotgun shells (ratshot?), or some other type of shells, that would prioritize shock damage vs penetration?
>>
>>34981700
>than the other capeshit ones.

Few mining companies could get the bar any lower.
>>
Can you hide guns up your sleeves? Yes.
Will getting hit by bullets when wearing Kevlar knock you out? 99.99% of the time no.
>>
>the guns used here don't look like they are tougher than a 9mm

The barrels are stupidly huge, the bore is easily thicker than the guy's fingers. They're probably 12 gauge shotguns.

Well, that or we're all just overinterpreting a comic.
>>
>>34981442
No, Frank shouldn't have gotten knocked out.
KOs are generally caused by sudden drops in blood pressure (not enough blood is getting to your brain) or trauma to the head rattling your brain inside the skull.
Neither of those happened here.
In fact the sleeve gun are usually so puny, Frank should've been able to just shrug them off if he was wearing armor.

But it's a comic and comic book writers are retarded noguns so whatever.
>>
>>34981442
As an additional correct, not only would he never get knocked out by this, he would certainly not be knocked back by this caliber. Even larger calibers would pass through before they'd spread enough energy to actually push you much.
>>
>>34981839
>Neither of those happened here.
A heavy hit to the chest will temporarily drop your blood pressure though. Assuming the guns really are as high-caliber as they look, that might have happened to Fronk.
>>
File: 1503042415166.jpg (125KB, 640x588px) Image search: [Google]
1503042415166.jpg
125KB, 640x588px
Maybe Frank was just playing possum
>>
>>34981898
I laughed *entirely* too hard at this.
>>
>>34981868
Why would non-penetrative blunt force trauma to the ribcage cause your blood pressure to drop?
If it was a gut shot that ruptured intestinal blood vessels, then maybe you might pass out in a minute, but it's clearly a chest shot and he's out immediately.
>>
>>34981839
A blow to the solar plexus ( nerves that control the cardiorespiratory system) can cause unconsciousness due to the shock to that particular nerve center. Happened to me once fucking up on the pommelhorse thing in gym class.
>>
Line 7, page 558 for extra /k/ommando goodness
https://books.google.com/books?id=NgqVOYlEfngC&pg=PA558&lpg=PA558&dq=A+blow+to+the+solar+plexus+can+cause+unconsciousness.&source=bl&ots=YyzlCroz5b&sig=TVuZIIXAmR-ZYv2gg7ft6lB5P84&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHuNrx0_XVAhWOwYMKHZ9wCe0Q6AEIWDAI#v=onepage&q=A%20blow%20to%20the%20solar%20plexus%20can%20cause%20unconsciousness.&f=false
>>
File: 1398240003630.png (2KB, 209x214px) Image search: [Google]
1398240003630.png
2KB, 209x214px
>>34981997
>>34981975
>shot in the upper chest
>solar plexus
>>
>>34981944
Look up commotio cordis.
It's fatal in 80% of all cases without immediate aid, but does otherwise have the victim fall unconscious.
>>
>>34982046
Curb your autism
>>
>>34982102
>says the guy linking textbooks and shit
>>
>>34982145
My mistake for thinking posting a link to a US Army Survival handbook would play in /k/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.