[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever been in actual combat or been in a gunfight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: ergo_shotgun00.jpg (80KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
ergo_shotgun00.jpg
80KB, 1000x746px
Has anyone here ever been in actual combat or been in a gunfight? What was it like?
>>
It was fucking loud.
>>
No, just a lot of fistfights and seeing arguments that turn into "SUCK ON MY 9 NIGGA" aren't really gunfights
>>
File: 1475472047542.jpg (110KB, 565x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475472047542.jpg
110KB, 565x960px
it was hot, and shitty, and i may have neurological disorder from depleted uranium. its boring, and slow, and when you actualy get to shoot at stuff your either thinking, this fuckin sucks i want to kill someone or " OHHH FUCK OHH FUCK OHHH FUCK THIS IS HOW I DIE THIS IS HOW I FUCKING DIE"
>>
>>34979061
This is accurate. 90% of combat is waiting and covering exits and windows.
>>
>>34978753
One time my brother got an argument with me on the 4th of July.

Say to least, you'll be surprised how many 2nd degree the display rockets leave.
>>
File: 1479744452645.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1479744452645.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>>34979089
suspect inside house, cover side two

2 hours later of covering the backside of a house

suspect coming out.

god damnit, i know the proper thing is a good day when no shots are fired but between that and stings where we are hiding behind a chalk board, sometimes i want to fuckin shoot someone. train train train all god damn day about clearing and shit, never get to do it.

sometimes i think if i die while doing a real life time crisis 2 i would be happy, as long as i kill that annoying fucker in the hat.
>>
>>34978753

I hit a bear in the face with a stick, does that count?
>>
>>34978753
with dogs
can greenpost if there is interest
>>
>>34979270
Hell yeah, post away.
>>
>>34979305
here it goes
>be 16 year old me
>be on vacations to grandparents summerhouse
>walking around forest with a walking "staff" (more of a short stick really)
>going back from a long trip
>wilddogappears.jpg *3
>decide to take other route
>turn back, but they are following me
>face them but they are getting closer
>>
>>34979325
>start doing best caveman impression
>hitting ground with stick, doing caveman noises
>they stop
>i slowly move forward while doing caveman
>they look more and more uncertain
>two start to slowly back out, but pack leader stands
>pumped with adrenaline, now I don't pretend to being cavemen, I am a caveman
>as the two other dogs start to turn I rush
>doing Tatar battle cry that I heard in a movie (sound something like "aua aua aua")
>leader stands but other two already run
>he only tries to run as I get very close, but is too slow
>stick him across the spine as he turns
>dog cries in pain
>hunterhavebecomehunted.jpg
>chase them all the way to highway (2-3km from where it began)
>chase them onto other side of a highway, almost get hit by a truck
never seen those dogs again on our side of highway
>>
>>34979325
>>34979331

Fuck yeah, go full monkey on their asses
>>
>>34978753

I've been shot at twice, but never a proper gunfight. Both times sucked and I pissed myself a little the first time.

Had a few fights, nothing too serious. Last one of those was in a bar in NYC, had to fight two drunken guidos and hit the third with a chair because he was wailing on my buddy lol
>>
File: 1470298900381.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470298900381.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>34978753
When I was in third grade a random kid I didn't know challenged me to a Yugioh duel in a Walmart. I didn't have my deck though so nothing happened.
I'd say that's about as close as I've gotten to combat. War is hell.
>>
Some goatfucker on a mountain with a rusty AK hipfired in my general direction from 400 meters away
I now have PTSD
Gib welfare and thank me for my servix
>>
>>34979396
Thanks for your service
>>
>>34979331
the only animal i was ever afraid of as a kid were fucking geese.

they have no fear.

motherfuckers just get more mad the more you damage them
>>
>>34979378
Wait I take that back. I've actually been closer to combat than the situation described in my initial post.
Often in my high school days I would abscond to my friends neighborhood to hang out, as one does. We both lived in a rural area, but his neighborhood had the privelage of being cozied right up to the boonies, and the surrounding area being filled with trailer trash and hillbillies, we often saw some shit wandering the area, from poached animals to garbage mounds, homeless people in abandoned structures to crack dens, the list continues.
On one such adventure, travelling a familiar path in one of those large valleys where rows of those huge power plant towers run through, we stumbled upon a camp. It had rained that night and the various implements of a poorly planned expedition were strewn about the muddy clearing. Soggy clothes, a shoe, a nearly ruined book (which I confiscated), a spade, and various styles of garbage littered the area.
And our fortune continued, for as we were investigating the newfound ruins, who should appear over the horizon but a pack of wild hillbillies! We saw them and wondered if they were the owners of this mess. And as we were discussing, they saw us too, and yelled something that we missed. I, being a kind but naive lad thought it wise to wave, to show we meant no harm. But the lead hillbilly raised his fist and shook it. It was then we saw he had a rifle by his side. We began to think it was time to go and began to retreat.
But the bastards were not pleased at this, shouting more unintelligible slander. It was then that the lead raised his rifle. My stomach dropped and my friend cried out: "FUCKING RUN ANON!" And run we did. But not before the hooligan let loose several shots toward us. I heard bullets whiz and felt shit knocking at the door of my asshole as we fled into the woods. We ran all the way back to my friends neighborhood and the hillbilly militia did not give chase.
So there you have it. Semper Fi my friends.
>>
>>34978753
>Goes to /k/ where vets post all the time

Yes I've seen combat. I don't like vague questions tho. It fucks up your adrenaline response. I still enjoy roller coasters.
>>
File: IMG_1322.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1322.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>34979203
>My fish bitch
>>
File: 1494289498050.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494289498050.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>>34979490
>>
>>34979701
> It fucks up your adrenaline response.

explain please
>>
>>34979396
Thanks for your service
>>
>>34979950
I don't think I can explain it. I just respond different to things.

For example during the 4th of July someone loaded a Cannon firework wrong and it exploded rupturing the barrel. Everyone ran away in fear, I was standing right next to it as it exploded and just stood there drinking a beer and laughed. Other times I experience anxiety during normal situations, like taking Taylor Swift to Applebee's. Which by the way I want to punch any of those "I'm a combat veteran be mindful of fireworks" mother fuckers with those signs. Attention seeking pogs who got their fob mortared once.
>>
>>34979325
>>34979331
Was legit thinking that was ending with you bashing in the dogs skull. Oddly happy you gave it one good smack and it fucked off. Well done caveman anon.
>>
It's kind of a noisy, weird game of hide and seek.

>incoming fire
>fuck that come from?
>return fire in general direction
>dislocate
>optics, eyes, optics, eyes
>friendly gunner is blasting away at the area
>move
>optics, eyes
> more fire, RPG, more fire
> found the fuckers
>kill 1, wound 1
>remember to call target
>Entire area becomes fuck

Then comes the endless sitreps, comm calls, and pulling security while they check shit out.

>7 dead, 1 wounded
> medic treats him, chopper takes him away to interrogation
>suspect more retreated
>tense the rest of the week
>>
File: 1475798882748.png (4MB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1475798882748.png
4MB, 1800x2400px
>>34979396
i never understood that, i have killed hajis, fuckers want to play this game lets play. i dont feel bad about it, i dont loose sleep about it. but then you got other people " oh my god i shot someone boo hoo, or worse shoot around the people who are shooting you. mufucker they are trying to kill us kill them first

i dont know if i have issues where i cant connect with what i had done? i just know i cry every time i watch bing bong from inside out, or the end of toystory 3 not for some fucker trying to kill me.
>>
>>34979193
ofiser pls get help
>>
>>34979203
Why? How are you alive rn
>>
>>34981704
Black bears are pussies anon. He wouldn't even need the stick.
>>
File: 1502318847768.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502318847768.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>34979396
>>34979701
>>34980536
>>34981571

Thank you for your service.
>>
>>34981571
Bing Bong is the realest motherfucking hero.
>>
File: just happy to help.gif (2MB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
just happy to help.gif
2MB, 250x243px
>>34981571
>>34982202
whos your friend who likes to play?
bing bong bing bong
His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!"
bing bong bing bong
Who's the best in every way, and wants to sing this song to say
bing bong bing bong
>>
>>34979061
Source on the pic?
>>
>>34982258
You filthy fucking nigger ;-;
>>
>>34978753
never been in a gunfight but i've been a few streets far one, there's even a video of it.
>>
>>34982439
Aldnoah Zero, terrible show.
>>
>>34982168
Thank you for your parents taxes. Thank you for your dad leaving your mom too. She was already a skank but that was the icing on the cake.
>>
>>34983361
damn, even a snail can't crawl through that edge
>>
>>34983149
The first season is alright.
>>
>>34983361
The 'edge' was your mom's cunt, and it's seen more snails than you could imagine.
>>
>>34981571
That image though

10/10
>>
Very strange. I didn't get scared, or feel scared rather until I was safe. Later I realized I had experienced time distortion, and auditory exclusion. Fucked up thing is? I've never felt more alive. I miss that feeling.
>>
File: reee.gif (44KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
reee.gif
44KB, 400x204px
>>34983732
HOLYSHIT!!! DUDE JUST SET ME AND MY HOUSE ON FIRE WITH THAT ROAST!!

in all seriousness, the hell was that?
>>
>>34981571
John Wayne never cried over killing men that needed killing. Now we tell everyone that it'll be "the worst day in their lives". Fucking psychotic that we tell people like you "that there might be something wrong with you" when you don't get all teary eyed because you did what you had to, what we told you to do. Fuck those cunts up the ass. And thank you for your service.
>>
>>34983851
I'm not involved in this conversation, just a random vet with PTSD.

I'd tell you no one cares about killing subhuman hadjis. It's your friends dying in front of you that's traumatic. My 2 cents anyway.
>>
>>34983878
I've no experience with this shit but the stories we tell have changed from "in context killing is moral, even laudable" to "Killing and violence always fucks you up". Which can become a self fulfilling prophecy. And that is fucking stupid.
>>
>>34983960
Take any story told here with a grain of salt. Some are larping, some are lying, some are exaggerating.

I've been party to kills. Sometimes it was hard to tell who got it. We would even argue. Its not as glamarous as Hollywood makes it.

I was simply saying, it's the guys who don't come home and you care about them that messes you up, not killing them.
>>
>>34978753
Fast and loud. I honestly couldn't even tell you what happened in any but the broadest of strokes.
>>
>>34979490
Nigga, geese are god's perfect killers. The only reason mankind had survived for so long is that geese only want the shorelines.
>>
>>34981571
being in a life-or-death situation affects different people differently
for me it was anxiety and despair and frustration, which makes sense given I have an anxiety disorder
(no I wasn't in combat, I had a serious injury from doing something stupid and I knew it was serious but no one believed me, and then I had that feeling again but more acutely a few days later when I finally got to a hospital, I was fucking with the IV and it got a bubble in it and I started freaking out thinking it was going to give me an embolism, I really believed I was likely to die; the weirdest thing is I couldn't bring myself to scream, I could only raise my voice a bit, because of how embarrassed I would be if I was wrong; it turns out I was wrong)
>>34978753
other than the above the worst situations I've been in are getting teeth pulled twice and getting beaten up three times
the first two times I just got socked and laid on the ground trying to collect myself, the third time it was a proper fistfight
>>
>>34983851
they were probably raised differently from you
also you might literally be a little autistic
>>
File: cant spruce the goose.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
cant spruce the goose.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>34979490
>>
>>34981571
shoot around the enemy!? US Army infantryman?
>>
>>34982112
Of all North American bear species, a black bear is most likely to see a human as a meal opportunity.
>>
>>34983851
????
John Wayne never killed anyone?
>>
>>34981571
desu I never got it. I only fired my rifle in anger on two occasions. Didn't see the rounds hit anyone but who knows, they were in the neighborhood. I don't lose sleep over the idea one of those rounds found a home.
For the US at least, we were all volunteers and can't claim we didn't know what we signed on for. Ain't any room for bitching about it later
>>
>>34984341
I've encountered black bears trying to fuck up my chicken coop two times now and both times they were more like big dumbass raccoons than predators. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Fuck, tons of official fish and wildlife departments say that if a black bear attacks, just fight back. They say this because they know black bears are pussies.
>>
>>34984341
Of course it'd be the nigger bear
>>
>>34984341
Maybe if the human is dead.
>>
>>34984235
I probably could have been diagnosed with Aspergers back before the new DSM came out. I wasn't and for the most part I can pass.

The general point though that what society tells you to expect to happen after something actually helps that happen is documented.

>>34984424
The point I was making was about the stories we tell and how they've changed. The anon I was responding to doesn't necessarily have something wrong with him because he's not all emotionalyl fucked up. But he thinks he might be. And that's because of the stories we tell.
>>
>>34984074
I appreciate your POV. Thank you for your service.
>>
>>34984789
well yeah, society does affect people's perceptions and expectations, but that's the price you pay for addressing the problems when they happen, and this problem has happened since the beginning of recorded history
>>
>>34984909
Right. We've always had people who do it and are fine, people who do it and are haunted, and people who do it and fucking enjoy it. And we've always told stories about it. Which served to affect what proportion was in each of those categories. My hunch is that we're lumping more people into the "haunted" category and we're not actually helping them. I think the old stories helped. I don't think the new ones do.
>>
>>34978753
it was fucking hot and I was really tired and I thought "for christ sake of all days this had to have engagements"
>>
>>34984341
That's precisely why you're not supposed to play dead for bears. You need to make it look like their meal is more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>34981606
>>34979193
Yeah, you're a cop. I understand the urge to kill, but just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean he/she isn't a citizen

That being said, maybe someone will pull a gun on you one day and then you can have both! BOTH!
>>
>>34979490
I always wanted a geese to attack me so I could find out how tough they really are. I have a weird feeling I could rip one apart without trying. I also almost always wear boots, so I imagine one kick would handle most geese threats
>>
File: 1466210691746.png (365KB, 826x787px) Image search: [Google]
1466210691746.png
365KB, 826x787px
>>34985264
go ahead and try
geese will fuck you up senpai
unless you are asian and trained in martial arts
>>
>>34979325
>>34979331
topkek
>>34984258
that poor rhino though. You can almost feel his feels
>"what a nice day"
>"let's have some of this water"
>wild goose appears and threatens you
>"oh fuck this"
>wild goose insults you more in goose language
>leave
My conclusion is that geese are what british chavs reincarnate in after death.
>>
I used to work with a guy who was a marine rifleman during the first iraq war. He said he loved firefights and he always slept like a baby on nights after they occurred.
>>
>>34980096
Y-you took Taylor to dinner?
>>
>>34985404
>>34985385
Where is it legal to kill these cunts? I want to genocide geese so badly.
>be me, 17 years old
>work as lifeguard at apartment complex swimming pool
>geese shit all over the deck and in the pool every morning
>I have to clean that shit up alone
>after 2 months I get tired of their honking bullshit
>lose it one morning
>go get metal attachment for sprinklers
>chase those cunts and catch up to one
>whack it on the head as hard as I can
>it goes down for a second so I start stomping it's ass
>after it stopped making noise I woke up from my rampage
>realize I'm on camera and people almost definitely saw
>quickly dispose of the now motionless bird
I just threw the body in a big public garbage bin and I never heard complaints about it. I'm pretty sure the security cameras were off. It was a bitch to clean up the blood and feathers but well worth it. To this day it's one of the only living creatures I hate
>>
>>34985675
if you eat it there will be no corpse to prove your guilt my man
>>
>>34978753
Sort of. My house was being robbed, I don't think they had weapons, shots were fired nonetheless. I regret nothing.
>>
>>34978753
good anime
>>
File: goose abortionist.jpg (106KB, 965x259px) Image search: [Google]
goose abortionist.jpg
106KB, 965x259px
>>34979490
>>34985264
>>34985385
>>34985404
>>34985675
REMOVE HONK
>>
File: goose cat race war.png (826KB, 1322x2390px) Image search: [Google]
goose cat race war.png
826KB, 1322x2390px
>>34988521
>>
>>34988525
Fucking sky niggers. I hate those stupid honking pieces of shit.
>>
>>34988525
I live in a desert so I dont have to see these honking fucks
>>
>>34979193
christ and you wonder why the rest of the world shits on your cops. Get it together, America.
>>
The only reason Canadian Geese are such assholes is because it's illegal for people to kill them. Between the damage they cause and the mess they make, I'm surprised nobody has started a petition to remove federal protection from them.

You *can* get a license to kill them outside of hunting season, but you have to study some game management shit, pass tests and of course pay a fee.
>>
>>34988561
I live in Tucson and some old witch lady has like 4 geese just waddlin around her backyard. They've even got a little inflatable pool.
>>
Gun fights no, but I have been shot at.
>>
>>34990741
Criminals deserve to die and killing some nigger/wigger/spigger in a standoff merely ends their criminal career before they prey on someone who actually deserves to live.

I understand you approve of crime, but I approve of virtue.
>>
>>34979193
How did you manage to be at the back of the house covering 'side 2'?
>>
>>34992848
side 2-3 corner, needed to watch the back but couldnt really be fully on the back because of other structures and fences
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.