[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heya /k/ Im realy scared of dogs attacking me, tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

File: 1497783369087.jpg (86KB, 674x674px) Image search: [Google]
1497783369087.jpg
86KB, 674x674px
Heya /k/
Im realy scared of dogs attacking me,
tell me how do I defend myself?
>>
CC a sausage, throw it, run in the opposite direction.
>>
>>34978015
Join the ATF.
>>
>>34978015
How are dogs not mutually friendly with you at all times? What do you do to trigger dogs? Don't do that.
>>
>>34978124
I walked...
>>
>>34978132
Are you physically weak? Why would a dog pose any threat to you? Breaking a dog's leg is easy.
>>
>>34978204
No, don't do that. Make friends with the dog through establishing yourself as dominant but a cool dude.
>>
Only one dog has attacked me in my entire life, and I've seen and pet hundreds of dogs. It was a fucking dalmatian. FUCK DALMATIANS.
>>
>>34978015
Newspaper to the snout.
>>
>>34978015
Maybe you should learn more about how dogs work so you can avoid this shit in the first place. Most dog bites are caused by ignorant dumbfucks who don't realize they're antagonizing the dog or making it highly uncomfortable.
>>
>>34978223
Dalmatians are hyper as fuck.
>sitting friend's dalmation
>5am large adult dog jumping on my face in my bed because fuck sleep

Wouldn't call it an attack but goddamn it caused damage.
>>
File: arm.jpg (206KB, 933x1836px) Image search: [Google]
arm.jpg
206KB, 933x1836px
>>34978223
remove spot. Dalmatians are shit tier dogs IRL.

I've had dogs my entire life, but I really dislike those fuckers. Their wiring is all fucked up, and I could never establish a rapport with one.

I mean, in terms of my expertise, I get called up by animal control at least once a month to help deal with red flag rescues and social rehabilitation, been tagged many a time, and I'm thankful I've never had to deal with one of those fuckers.
>>
>>34978268
Is that your arm in the pic?
>>
>>34978268
If you do it for a living, you should be wearing a denim sleeved jacked or something else that protects against bites.
>>
>>34978015
When I deliver fast food I am greeted by all kinds of dogs, some don't bark at all, some would stop barking when the door is opened or when they get told to go away, some owners would literally body block their dog at the entrance, even when the dog does come out of the house the most they'd do is check me out and sniff me.

Except this one tiny dog at a trailer park that would leap and at me and bite my sleeves, didn't let go until the owner came out to pull it off.
>>
>>34978246
But what if the problem is the owners being uncomfortable and the dogs reacting to that? Women really seem to be afraid of me whenever I meet some in relative seclusion. Their dogs always freak the fuck out, some clearly wanting to tear my throat out, while some are fine with just barking defensively.
>just yesterday come up on a woman with two Bernese mountain dogs loose innawoods
>they're sitting there calmly until she notices me
>they freak the fuck out and start growling and barking like I'm trying to attack her, clearly hostile
>takes half a minute for her to get any control over them so I can move
This happens to me way too fucking often for it to just be a coincidence. Either women, or dogs hate me.
>>
>>34978015
Ask them who the good boy is
>>
>>34978317
Almost certainly women hate you but dogs aren't going to up and start shit if you're cool about it. They'll defend their master and that doesn't necessarily mean attacking. They'll chase your ass or rip your ass apart if they're in a defensive posture and you come at them though.
>>
>>34978317
There's nothing you can do in that situation except wait for the owner of the dog calm them down. You aren't doing anything wrong.
>>
>>34978296
What food did you deliver?
>>
>>34978317
It's the owner. Dogs get in tune with their owner and pick up on their emotions and body language and go off of that. On it's own the dog probably loves you, but because the owner is startled by you and treats you like a threat, so does the dog. My dog used to freak out at other dogs until I learned how to control my anxiety about my dog being around other dogs, and now she's friendly as fuck to other dogs.
>>
>>34978353
chinese
>>
>>34978339
I'm fine with the defensive ones like these Bernese dogs, I can tell their intentions well enough, but the ones that aggressively try to attack me are an issue. Especially when the owner is clearly incapable of keeping them in check.

>>34978348
>There's nothing you can do in that situation except wait for the owner of the dog calm them down
I wish that was the only thing, I've had to turn 360 and walk away a handful of times just because I can't trust the owner to handle the damn hound. Some girl trying to keep still a German Shepherd the same weight as her as it's clearly wanting to charge me and chew my balls off doesn't really make me want to stick around.

>>34978357
Yeah, it is definitely the owners. Dogs and other animals have always liked me and they seemingly still do, so long as their owners aren't afraid or anxious.
>>
>>34978015
Grab it by the throat and you can basically hold it against the ground indefinitely. Don't hurt them though, dogger might just be confused.
>T. Got 25 staples in the back of my head after a dog bite
>>
>>34978364
Chinese food probably smells weird to a dog.
>>
>>34978373
Iunno man, I've never seen a dog legit go at someone since I was a kid and I got chewed on a bit and that was totally cause I was a derp and didn't read what it was putting out. Also was sitting on a bike so couldn't avoid what would have otherwise been probably a threatening gesture and no more.

>>34978378
Smells too familiar.
>>
>>34978015
Own an SBR
>>
>>34978292
just part
>>34978293
usually a canvas Carhartt jacket, but hot weather, expediency, zigging when I should have zagged, and injured canines can throw a curve.

Never got tagged in the face by a dog, just a cat with a broken leg I dragged out from a woodpile. Nearly took out my eye.

I love that webm/vid of that dopey dog whisperer getting nailed by the lab because he did absolutely everything wrong from the get go and deserved the chomp.
>>
File: bad pupper.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
bad pupper.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>34978405
He dominated the dog.
>>
File: chesterpupper.png (264KB, 335x378px) Image search: [Google]
chesterpupper.png
264KB, 335x378px
>>34978471
yeah, up until he ran out of fingers. his nose and trachea.

doggo was in a bad place, getting boxed in by film crew, Senor Dumbass, hand coming down on top, moving quickly, not focusing on pupper while yapping away for the TV, crouching down, not acknowledging the dog's sign of discomfort.

A lab can fuck your shit up easy peasy, and this one was frustrated that no one was paying attention to his body language.

good pupper.
>>
>>34978471
The dog looked at the cameraman like "im bouta snap on this nigga"
>>
>>34978317
Are you black? Dogs hate black people.
>>
>>34978471

How does one fuck up aproaching a lab. They are like the budhist monks of dogs.
>>
File: chetdarwin.jpg (31KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
chetdarwin.jpg
31KB, 500x344px
>>34978682
>How does one fuck up aproaching a lab

do everything he did. Yeah, labbos are best doggo, but not every individual has all cylinders firing, or has history, or inbreeding, or is scared or in pain. They have bad days too, and can be racist as fuck.

My lab who I trusted 100% with kids, hated, hated, hated Russian speaking people. I have no idea where that came from, as I knew the breeder, knew the dog from a whelp. But when walking past some people in a park, he heard them saying some slavspeak and starting barking aggressively.

Never saw this before, Chester was the most gentle sweet goof that considered strangers as people coming over to present cookies. 110 pounds of fit lab barking madly is nothing to take lightly.
>>
>>34978818
>a blond, male dog
>surprised he's a nazi
>>
>>34978682
>They are like the budhist monks of dogs.

Eh, some are. Mine hated old ladies with grey/white hair. Some black people too. Couldn't take him out at certain times of day or he would just loose his shit, total liability.

I didn't hate him for it and i had him trained, he wasn't anti social, he just had that about him I couldn't get out of him.
>>
>>34978843
I understand your hatred of redguards, but what did old ladies with white hair ever do to you?
>>
>>34978849

Have you ever experienced Christmas in a small town? Those old cunts eat up all the fucking bread and milk before the stores shut for Christmas, I swear every year it's always those toughened old biddies that some how survive the heat waves in the summer. Second they see snow, there out like roaches eating all the fucking bread and milk....

/rant but no seriously my Lab for whatever reason hated old people. RIP Angus you little legend, give those bread stealing bastards hell up there.
>>
>>34978589
This.
>>
>>34978015
stop being a faggot or a nigger
>>
File: IMG_1387.jpg (82KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1387.jpg
82KB, 479x480px
>>34978015
Go home cat fag and clean shit from a box.
>>
I fuckin love dogs. I EDC a handful of dog treats in case I meet either of my four favorite dogs.
>>
File: 1502286540568.jpg (47KB, 691x516px) Image search: [Google]
1502286540568.jpg
47KB, 691x516px
>>34978015
Here you go, you're welcome.
>>
>>34978223
Pitbulls, Dalmatians, Chows, and Great Danes are top-niggers.
>>
>>34979463
Danes aren't aggressive at all from my experience, they're skittish though for such a fuckhueg thing.
>>
>>34979465
The skittishness leads to them lashing out in fear, same with Rottweilers in my experience.

Shit, my cat was killed by my cousin's great dane because the cat jumped next to it and the dog chimped the fuck out and wringed my cat's neck.
>>
>>34979478
Yeah, I could see that. Rip.
>>
>>34978015
Weaponized squirrels.

Or CC a tennis ball.
>>
>>34979463
Danes are the niggeriest.
>>
>>34978015
Carry a home made lightning link on you then when doggo attacks you pull it out and atf saves the day
>>
>>34978364
Well there's your answer. They're afraid of getting eaten.
>>
File: Dog-Logic.jpg (76KB, 639x930px) Image search: [Google]
Dog-Logic.jpg
76KB, 639x930px
>>34978323
>>
>>34979697
Lmao
>>
Rule #1 doggo speak: When it gets aware of you, move your head visibly to the side and show your cheek for two seconds.
If it acts aggressive after, it's not well socialized and should not be fucked with.
>>
>>34978015
hello ATF
>>
>>34978015
>be proactive
>get gunz
>shoot any dog that attacks
>be convicted of cruelty to animals
>go to jail for life
>never see a dog again
>???
>profit
>>
>>34978252
this

Dalmations are mad energetic

>>34978223
They're not actually that bad. Especially if you want a mix between guard and family dog
>>
>>34980780
show your cheek?
wut?
>>
>>34980850
Looking visibly away tells the dog you mean no harm to it.
Its that simple.
>>
>>34978376
>don't hurt them though, dogger might just be confused
Nah fuck you, if a dog attacks me I'm going to beat it until it I hear bones breaking then shoot it right in its faggot face
>>
>>34978015
Fuck the dog to show it who's boss.
>>
>>34981178
Why shoot? Once they're on the ground, do what any self-respecting human being would do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qLfbp-7WSs
>>
>>34981178
This. If it attacks people, the thread needs to be neutralized.
>>
>>34978015
Carry around a walking cane if you fear doggo.
>>
>>34978223
Dalmatians act like they are on meth and coke at the same time. The only semi dog attacks I have been in was a Rottweiler and a bulldog. Rottweilers extremely hate new people in a home.
>>
I wonder if pepper spray would stop a dog?
>>
>>34983907
only if the dog does not like pepper
>>
>>34978015
You mean pitbulls, right?
That dog wouldn't even try to bite you.
>>
>>34983907
I've heard it works well, especially on dogs with sensitive noses.
Never discount potential exceptions, there's likely dogs out there that are resistant to pepperspray as there are men
>>
>>34980915
Dude you had dogs before didnt you.
>>
>>34983977
>This pussy is scared of pitbulls
Never met a pitbull that didn't present its belly and butt for a scratch.
>>
>>34978223
It's the owner, not the breed. I've been bitten by a labrador of all things that was raised (badly) by some mexigoblin.
>>
>>34978268

The entire dalmatian lineage got fucked up when they instantly became popular because of Disney and all the puppy mills pumped them out.
>>
>>34979406
why the fuck does it have hooves on it's back legs?!?!
>>
The sound of a taser
If that doesn't work, the taser itself.
>>
>>34978015
Can't go wrong with a drop-safe 1911 in .45 ACP
>>
Take hacksaw to barrel and wait for atf to show up, they'll take care of it
>>
>>34978015
>be uncle
>over 6' easy
>230-250 lb
>former marine
>flew planes
>enjoyed the thrill of the fight
>neighbor's dog continues to get out
>one day it gets out and chases after uncle
>one punch to snout
>dead doggo

Mainly. I'd stab it or shoot it. My uncle was able to punch it dead.
>>
>>34986128
its like a rip doggo version of con air
>>
File: 1498283422419.jpg (73KB, 511x559px) Image search: [Google]
1498283422419.jpg
73KB, 511x559px
how? how about you grow a pair.....
>>
>>34979463
Are danes aggressive? I have only met 3 but they were the biggest fucking pussies.
>>
>>34987142
no but any animal that's scared is dangerous.
>>
File: ATF dog leash.jpg (70KB, 929x960px) Image search: [Google]
ATF dog leash.jpg
70KB, 929x960px
>>34978015
Just call the ATF if you want a dog killed.
>>
>>34979463
Great Danes are lap dogs.
They do get aggressive if they don't know you though.
>>
File: 1260891313829.jpg (506KB, 908x891px) Image search: [Google]
1260891313829.jpg
506KB, 908x891px
>>34978015
Stay out of people's yards. If a stray dog wanders up to you, don't lean over it and thrust your hand at it's face. Be a proper apex predator and don't fear a generally sociable creature who's ribs you can break with a well placed kick
>>
>>34988600
the slow decently-far palm up greeting has been well received by strange dogs in my experience. Let them come to you and then sniff you and then they're your friend if you don't make any spastic tard movements.

If they're trying to bite/nip at you a fucking body check with fucking loud as you fucking can voice should scoot them back some.
>>
>>34978015
don't be a pussy dogs like to chase pussy
>>
unironically forearm bracers made from long strips of hard material held together by straps should be pretty good. Hold out your arm so the dog latches onto it, then move forward and get on top of it to suffocate it by sitting on the fucker.
>>
>>34981178
>if a dog attacks me
sure if it attacks you, but most of the time like 95% of the time people claim to be attacked by a dog it's not only entirely their fault for reacting badly to the dog but it wasn't even an attack. people that know dogs don't get attacked or even bit by them. yeah sure the dog sometimes fucks up a warning nip and draws blood that's not the same as actually biting tho.
>>
File: rub_belly.jpg (106KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
rub_belly.jpg
106KB, 736x981px
>>34979478
>Rottweilers
>fear aggressive
They can be selective and protective but after working in shelters/boarding kennels/veterinary clinics for 10 years I've only met 1 or 2 I couldn't win over. It's generally the high drive breeds like GSDs, Malinois', Dalmations, Huskies, and Bull Terriers that produce the most temperamental and problematic dogs
>>
>>34988687
Cousin had one that was legit retarded but really friendly. Thing would walk into doors or chairs it would just kinda walk around bumping into things... wasn't blind just real fucking retarded.
> least scary dog ever
>>
>>34984224
>not having a perrocabra
>2017
Come on now
>>
>>34988813
Not blind or retarded, just doesn't give a fuck if it nails something hard.
Mine is the same way - smart as a fucking whip, but when we're playing or going somewhere, will bull through shit that he can, or bounce off stuff he can't - no fucks given.
Loves people though, just hates masks/helmets. And statues.
He's weird.
>>
>>34978015
punch and/or kick the upstart little fucker because YOU'RE A GODDAMN GREAT APE

FUCKING ACT LIKE IT
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.