[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked with one of these things at my LGS today and I think I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: kel-tec-6.jpg (52KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
kel-tec-6.jpg
52KB, 600x399px
Fucked with one of these things at my LGS today and I think I want one. I want to SBR it, add some kind of linear comp, and shove it in a backpack for impromptu happenings.

Anyone actually own one of these fugly things? Or better yet SBR'd it? What am I looking at in terms of quality or anything to watch for in general? Should I forego SBRing and just carry it in an autistically large backpack (maybe a Vertx Gamut Plus)? Thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>>34965978
I've wanted one for a while but don't think I'll ever get one.
>>
So the issue is that the barrels are like molded or epoxyd in place so getting it out wrecks the receiver. I wanted to do the same thing but hit that roadblock. But you can just buy the pistol version and add the grip/stock.
>>
>>34965978
For a civvy self defense gun these are great. My friend owns two and they are far more accurate than you'd think. I've asked him to sell me one but no-go!
>>
>>34965978
https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/su-16d12

Has a retail SBR variant.
>>
>>34965978
Has anyone seen one of these with wood furniture?
>>
File: SU 008.jpg (3MB, 2004x3040px) Image search: [Google]
SU 008.jpg
3MB, 2004x3040px
Have one, sent thousands downrange. It's light, accurate and reliable. It is not a combat weapon, but for non combat tasks? It's great.

It's a good gun, just understand it's not the best choice for WW3. It wasn't designed to be either.
>>
>>34966710
I'm positive it doesn't exist.
>>
>>34966149
You can't.
>>
>>34966764
It's going to be used more for getting me to my main rifle at home or just getting the fuck away, so no worries about WW3. Civil unrest is more of a concern than anything. I figure it should give me an edge against the hordes of bodies that could potentially surround my car or otherwise block me from it. Or besieged myself and my co-workers inside our workplace. Or a truck full of belligerent drunks. Or any number of far-fetched scenarios that seem to be more likely every day.
>>
>>34965978
Hory shet this is Cali legal if you get the fixed stock and 5 rnd mags, isn't it?
>>
>>34967115
But what will get you to your carbine, to get you to your rifle?
>>
>>34967530
Most things are legal in Cali if you throw a fixed stock and a five round magazine on it. Please send help, and by help I mean helicopters to throw the commies out of.
>>
>>34967570
My little CC pistol and my fucking slave feet.
>>34967530
They do make a California compliant version.
>>
File: 1502052361666.png (713KB, 1035x621px) Image search: [Google]
1502052361666.png
713KB, 1035x621px
>>34967587
>five
>>
>>34967793
Yeah the limit right now ten, but I am under no illusions that the grabbers will stop there. Any gun is too much gun for those people.
>>
File: Su-16 FU16.jpg (63KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Su-16 FU16.jpg
63KB, 1024x682px
>>34965978
The whole thing is plastic. It wouldn't be a very good pack rifle if you have anything in the pack. It doesn't even take recoil well enough.

Its just a typical niche leltek contraption thats borderline chinese toy
>>
>>34967822
>pre-cucking yourself before the laws even get to the point of cucking your.

Jesus you are a beta.
>>
>>34967877
>LEMME SEE HOW WELL IT TAKES DOUBLE PRESSURE LOADS USING PISTOL POWDER
>>
>>34965978
if they were stamped steel or lighter I'd buy, til then no.
>>
>>34965978
>>
>>34965978
I have one and I enjoy it. Its really lightweight and folds into a decently small package. Obviously it is not meant to be thrown around and beat on skulls, but it has its place. It is a fairly simple design, that comes apart rather easily. I have fed it everything from high dollar brass, to the cheapest steel, and it hasn't rejected anything. The only malfunction I've had with it was a light primer strike. My buddy was shooting it and I wasn't there to see what he was doing, so ill take it with a grain of salt. It takes surplus aluminum mags and Pmags just fine. The operation and front sight of the gun remind me of an AK. I mainly shoot AK pattern rifles, so I find this rifle easy to switch to, but also refreshing. I think that it would make an excellent gun to keep in a vehicle or a backpack. It's not meant to replace an AR, but I feel it compliments one well. I paid $400 for mine about 8 months ago. Mine is the "B" variant with the aluminum front sight.
>>
File: 1500568301798.jpg (17KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
1500568301798.jpg
17KB, 306x165px
>>34968794
>>
Honestly it's a really interesting gun, i'd just wish that they added like 1/4 of a pound worth of strengthening elements to the receiver so that it would be a bit more rugged.

The other option for the use you described, and one i'd probably rather go for is just to build a really light weight AR, CAV-15 lower, pencil barrel etc. and just carry the separated upper and lower in your backpack.
>>
>>34965978
Eww
>>
>>34969812
I had thought about that but I like the idea of firing the SU-16C while folded. It's going to spend time in some kind of bag and that bag will inevitably be in my vehicle during transit or when I go to 7-11 and the Pakistani dude tells me I can't have my backpack inside.

Point is, I like the option of maneuverability at a danger close distance in a cramped space. It's like having an obrez in 5.56 with the option of unfolding a stock.
>>
>>34965978

Ive heard that sometimes the receiver can crack pretty quickly towards the back due to the bolt constantly peening the shit out of the flimsy buffer. Ive also heard people owning and using them for thousands upon thousands of rounds with no problem.

I dunno.
>>
>>34971383
There is no buffer. The bolt carrier travel in the SU16 is pretty much entirely controlled by the piston rod/recoil spring/recoil spring tube assembly. The receiver cracking issue is due to the piston rod unthreading from the bolt carrier, increasing the length of the whole bolt carrier group until it can contact the rear of the plastic upper while cycling. Current production SU16s have the carrier peened to the piston rod to held prevent this, but I'd keep an eye on it anyways.

>>34965978
I have a full length one that I use for 3 gun. It's sufficiently reliable, accurate, and easy to manipulate, but there is one thing that I would warn prospective buyers about. The optic mount rail is molded directly into the zytel upper, and the receiver is light enough to allow the rail to flex with relation to the barrel if you apply any kind of pressure through the grip or stock while having the front supported, such as when shooting from a barricade. The rifle needs an exceptionally light touch to maintain POA/POI because of this. If you were to SBR it, that should help a bit since you'd end up with a shorter lever arm to flex the receiver through.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.