[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can afford gun >Can afford ammo >Can't afford

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: state of the art gun range.jpg (54KB, 770x380px) Image search: [Google]
state of the art gun range.jpg
54KB, 770x380px
>Can afford gun
>Can afford ammo
>Can't afford range time

Why do they charge so much? How is a poorfag supposed to get proficient in his weapon if he can never practice?
>>
>>34965541
so practice out in their parking lot.
>>
>>34965541

If you can afford the 1st two how are you unable to budget for the latter?
>>
>can't afford to spend 10 dollars to go to the outdoor range
And I thought /o/ was full of poorfags
>>
File: img_1891.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
img_1891.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>34965541
im so happy i live in Nevada where i can just drive like 20 mins and be in the middle of nowhere and shoot whatever the fuck i want. must suck ass having to pay to go shoot somewhere at like 50 yards max.
>>
>>34965541
It's like 20 bucks to use the range, if that.
>>
>>34965732

here it's 15 during the week and 20 on weekends

do google search for - gun ranges near me

and then spend either $$ or time driving
>>
>>34965727
>living in the tourist economy
i'd tell you to kill yourself, but you probably want to do that every second of every day anyway.
>>
>>34965732
An hour
>>
File: Snow-Sunrise-Sierra-Nevada-MFA.jpg (1MB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
Snow-Sunrise-Sierra-Nevada-MFA.jpg
1MB, 1152x768px
>>34965785
i don't get it, explain?
>>
>>34965716
>>34965732
>>34965766
OP here. The CHEAPEST range in my area (indoor or outdoor)is $20 an hour.
>>
>>34965541
I go to the local sheriffs range, they charge $10 and you can shoot all day. Deputies as ROs are generally chill as fuck.
>>
>>34965879

And?
>>
I'd go out into the woods or some open field in East Texas, but it's probably owned by some fudd that will know you're on his land at any given time and Chase you off with a shotgun.

Best I have is my father in laws ho use with two acres of land, but he gets autistic about shooting on it.
>>
>>34965879
where might that be?
>>
>>34965900
They charge $15 an hour here

>>34965920
I can't afford that. I thought I said that in the beginning?

>>34965931
Garner/Raleigh NC
>>
>>34965900
Oh, and I have to take a 2 hour class and pass a written test and then pay $25 dollars just for the privilege of paying $15 an hour.
>>
>>34965920
If you want to practice enough to be worthwhile, $20/hour easily becomes a couple hundred bucks a month or more not including ammo. That's a lot of money for most people.
>>
>>34965945
no public ranges there? i find that surprising.
>>
>>34966055
Yeah, but they charge.
>>
>>34965541
You're going to the wrong ranges.

>>34965945
A box of ammo is $10-20.
>>
>>34966124
So, I should go to the more expensive ranges? And what does ammo have to do with anything?
>>
>>34966077
sounds like its time for a gun club if you shoot that much.
>>
File: IMG_1036.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1036.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>Can afford gun
>Can afford ammo
>Can afford range time
My problem is ranges won't let me pick up my own brass here without giving me shit. I even got a "talking to" when I picked up my steel links from the belt fed. I told that one he can bring his manager over.
I wish Texas had BLM land to shoot on.
>>
>>34966163
I don't shoot any, because I can't afford too. And if I can't afford range fees what makes you think I can afford a membership?
>>
>>34966163
That may be cheaper in the long run, but the up front costs can be high. Most of the ranges in my area charge around $20/hour. I have a club membership that's $35/month for unlimited use, but I had to pay $500 to join and sit on a waiting list for a couple years.
>>
Tbh there are typically wilderness areas in most states where a person can shoot for free. Might take you awhile to get there but its free. Some states might require a hunting license (roughly 30 bucks)
>>
>>34966238
No such animal in NC
>>
>>34965541

>paying for range time

Just find a place innawoods you can shoot or kiss ass with someone who owns land
>>
>>34966202
the one i was looking at out here (best carolina) is 100/year plus 750 initiation paid over 5 years. or one of the local indoor ranges always has a sale once a year for 150 unlimited use for a year. i think OP might be in the wrong sport if a few hundred a year is an issue.
>>
>>34966339
Self defense is a sport?
>>
>>34966433
is your life really worth less than 20 bucks every week or so?
>>
>>34966528
I don't think you grasp the concept of "can not afford"
>>
>>34965541

> be a CO
> get LE discount at range and membership
> 5$ + 2$ in targets
> be there hours if I want until the lanes get full
> lanes don't get full
> been there for less than 10$ for 3 hours shooting
> other ranges "new and improved" moved in
> no LEO discount , 180$ memberships yearly with paying for targets and range time after that

Wtf , I stay at my old range. Sure it's hot at times but it's still 25yrds/100 yrds but I don't pay over 10$ unless I get fancy targets or take my wife , even then women shoot free certain days. Look for decent ranges not the branch ranges because they usually suck and charge way to much.thinking about getting my ranges 3 year membership , 1200$ but free range use all 3 years , unlimited targets even fancy ones , free classes , free FFL transfers , around 20 free passes to give to people , free rentals for eyes , ears and pistols , along with 15% off shit.
>>
>>34965727
jelly af. I go to school in Florida and it's nothing but fucking mosquito swamps and shitty woods.
>>
>>34966433
>Self defense is a sport?
TO THE EXTREME
>>
>>34966148
You said you could afford ammo. If the range fee is no different from the smallest amount of ammo that you can buy, then you lied about being able to afford ammo. It makes me respect you a whole lot less.
>>
>>34966164
In Texas, BLM shoots YOU! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers
>>
Look for local gun clubs. I found a club that has a private outdoor range. 300$ a year, no lane fees RO's or stupid ammo casing requirements. Took me a while to find it but you could call around to local gun shops and ask them if they know of any clubs. If you're in NC the place that runs the club is called "patriot shooting sports" in Youngsville
>>
>>34965541
mine is $15 +$6 for every pal, no time limit.
>>
>>34965554
lol!
>>
Fuck ranges. Go to public/private land
>>
I use to shoot at a nice little outdoor range 40 minutes from my old house. Went twice a month, 15 bucks a day all day. Use to spend my entire day off at the range shooting a variety of stuff and just talking to people.

Now that I moved, cheapest is 30 bucks a day, indoor. It's a nice faculty, but lacks the charm of my old range. I also can't shoot most of my guns there, since it's only rated up to 308 and it's only 22 yards. BLM land is about an hour away, but talking to my co workers, it seems that there are a lot of redneck assholes out there so it's somewhat dangerous. I use to have shooting buddies I go out to BLM land with every few months, but I've not found any since I've moved.

I'm trying to join a private club (massive place with great facilities), but the wait list is very long and up front cost is pretty high. But since I have to wait anyway, I'm setting aside a few bucks here and there every month and by the time I get in, I'll have enough to cover the fees.
>>
I can't afford time time
>>
>>34967275
Did your mom have any kids that lived?
>>
Goddammit, Yuropoor here, in a guns-very-restricted Poland. $13 for an hour at the range, includes gun rental and a magazine of ammo. And basic (quite thorough) training if you have none.
>>
>>34965541
I don't want poor people, other than rural hunters, to be proficient.
>>
>>34968219
Go back to red dit you fucking cancerous nigger
>>
>>34966582
I dont think you grasp the concept that you come off as a whiny bitch for complaining about things you cant afford.
Wtf do you want, a welfare program to supplement your right to self defense with a gun?
GTFO, lrn2notbeawhinypoorfag
>>
File: range.jpg (746KB, 1210x908px) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
746KB, 1210x908px
>his range isn't free
>>
>>34965541
so check out some skeet shooting ranges
15 bucks isent THAT bad ffs
>>
>>34966582

If you can't afford that, then you have a lot bigger fucking problems. Like being able to reliably pay bills on time.
>>
File: IMG_0078.jpg (21KB, 318x166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.jpg
21KB, 318x166px
>>34969851
>>34965945
Sorry my post came out in parts. Fellow Raleigh NC fag here, Most skeet shooting ranges have pistol and rifle ranges for 15 an hour which honestly isent that bad if you dont have any friends who have enough private land to shoot on.

Also overall 15-20 bucks isent THAT bad jesus op, especially when a box of ammo costs around 20 baka
>>
If you can afford ammo, you can afford range time.
Unless you're going to go autistic with """"afford"""", then you can just pay even more for proper training, drive to public land to shoot, save up and buy land to shoot, know someone with land to shoot, or not practice with your gun at all.

What gun did you get, and how much ammo do you have on hand?
>inb4 a hi-point and tula 9mm
>>
>>34969780
Fucking hell. All that cause anon thought that funny? Drink Raid you fucking nigger.
>>
>>34965541
Yeah, prices has been going up, my favorite range is 30 bucks and hour.
>>
>>34965785
not everyone lives in Vegas and Henderson (Hive of Scum and Villainy)

Goodsprings is a real place and not just a location in FALLOUT NV. Most people live on the mountain boarder of NV and CA so they can frequently drive into CA for work and play but not have to deal with CA's fucking laws

I'm thinking of doing similar, maybe on the Arizona boarder and California, problem is I don't see many cities in those parts.

One down side to Nevada is that it is a fucking desert and food and water in SHTF would be a disaster.

Every scrap of food in Las Vegas is trucked in and if for some reason it was cut off from the world due to a disaster, you'd have cannibalism within a month.
>>
>>34967290
> 5 killed
>9 injured
>saiga 5.45
>glock
Damn this guy was pretty efficient, wonder how he did it
>>
>>34966164
Texas is weird, in some ways it's paradise for gun owners...but then you can't wear a knife on your belt while technically in California you can walk around with a sword so long as it's in a scabbard.
>>
>>34969227
>BLM land is about an hour away, but talking to my co workers, it seems that there are a lot of redneck assholes out there so it's somewhat dangerous. I use to have shooting buddies I go out to BLM land with every few months, but I've not found any since I've moved.
The way to handle this is to be an even bigger redneck asshole than they are.
>>
>>34969475
>he has a more reasoned and principled approach to life than me
>better prove him right and insult his mom!
>>
>>34965541
just go outside you stupid nigger
>>
>>34965945
let me guess your forced to go to triangle shooting kikes or drive a few hours for outdoor. glad i got the fuck out of raleigh
>>
>>34970783
stop posting chris

alabama fuck
>>
File: selfdefense.jpg (276KB, 1330x1184px) Image search: [Google]
selfdefense.jpg
276KB, 1330x1184px
>>34971166
no :^)
>>
>>34965541
Uhh just go in the woods. Make sure you either own the land, it's state owned, or the owner knows you're shooting there. What kind of idiot pays money to shoot their guns?
>>
File: 1495180547592.jpg (73KB, 625x424px) Image search: [Google]
1495180547592.jpg
73KB, 625x424px
>mfw I live in a rural area so I can just shoot in my backyard
>>
>>34965727
>california plate
>>
>>34969505
Yeah but that's 15 dollars in poland. The equivalent for an American would be like paying 50.
>>
>>34965541
have you looked at
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Outdoor-Activities/Shooting-Ranges

NSSF has good search as well. I don't think you're as hard up as you think you are.
>>
>>34965541
Most states have some free public ranges and/or national forest land. Get to googling. If you go for the latter make sure to call up the park rangers for your intended shooting area to make sure shooting is allowed there.
>>
>>34971862
NC does not
>>
>>34971808
Yes. Closest one is about 2 hours drive one way
>>
>>34971214
No such thing as public land in NC
>>
>>34970783
Actually, I found one today that's $20 a day, indoor.
>>
>>34970451
Actually, it was an insult against him, not his mom.

Did YOUR mom have any kids that lived?
>>
Groupon!

I get a coupon for one lane for an hour for $12. Comes with one free target and free earpro/eyepro rental.

Its great for taking friends and family.

For just myself, I go to public land. It's usually free! In my state at least
>>
>>34969990
Where does Nevada get their water?
Thinking of moving there in December btw
>>
>>34975645
If I recall, Lake Mead is a main source where the get a lot of the water from the run off at Hoover Dam. There's the Colorado, and some subterranean water. Then again, this is an FL fag speaking from Google and Geography 101.
>>
>>34965879
Vancouver?

Also, the cost of operating a shooting range is fucking high. The liability insurance alone will make your anus pucker up.
>>
>Can't afford range time

Range near my house charges 16 bucks for the whole day, 8 if you're a member. Members get other stuff too, like access to the other half of the range that has a combat pistol dealy, and other things only available to members. But the public portion is pay the fee, pick your bench, stay there as long as you want, or until closing, whichever comes first.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.