[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /k/ give me a run down on the differences, pros/cons, etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: HKbulletsBackwards.jpg (43KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
HKbulletsBackwards.jpg
43KB, 700x525px
Can /k/ give me a run down on the differences, pros/cons, etc for the different HK models in 9mm? Their site doesn't really give me much other than dimensions. What are the major differences between the VP9, P30, P2000, and USP?
>>
>>34964714
VP9 is striker fire.
P30 is a VP9 in hammer fire form and based from USP.
USP is USP and pure sex.
P2000 is a more affordable USP series gun.
What do you want to know more
>>
>>34964728
Just trying to sort it out. All I could really tell was the VP9 was striker. They all seemed so similar I was trying to see what the purpose or stand out feature for each one was.
>>
>>34964762
They are fairly similar. The p30 is an evolution of the USP and the p2000 I believe was created for duty use for agents however I could be wrong in that detail.
>>
>>34964778
Thanks, what do you think is better in a p30 and usp face off?
>>
>>34964976
They're both very high quality. You can't go wrong with either. Neither one is "better," except for the one you like better.
>>
>>34964976
I think the only appreciable difference would be in feel in your hand and the rail the p30 has. The polymer on the grip of the p30 is also slimmer so it's one thing to consider. I wouldn't say either are better because they are both really good.
>>
>>34964714
They're all fat, heavy, and low capacity because of their lazy design philosophy. Get a glock instead.
>>
>>34965022
Salty glockfag. HKs and Glocks are both fine guns. Just get the gun you like.
>>
>>34965054
glocks are good guns; hk is better though. i love my g3 17 but my new vp9 is on a different level. i trust both with my life.
>>
>>34965054
>>34965074
I just converted my coworker from his G22 to a USP40, he said he still likes the G22 but the USP is just better in every way
>>
>>34966029
How exactly is it objectively "better"?
>>
>>34966088
It's not. /v/irgins just get their opinions from metal gear solid, not real world use.
>>
I can't get over the capacity issue. Fit and feel will do little for me if I have to magdump some shitbag.
>>
>>34966088
>>34966244
>>34966773
Uhmm no sorry Sweeties, but hk is a better brand overall.
>Simpler packages while still having modularity
>Lineage - hk made polymer first, so suck it
>hks from 40 years ago still firing and kicking it today
>Better qc from factory
>Better machining and tolerance fitting
>>
>>34964714
>What are the major differences between the VP9, P30, P2000, and USP?
Price and quality
>>
>>34966088
>Better grip with better texture and no finger grooves
>Ambi mag release you can hit with your index finger
>Less felt recoil
>He prefers the trigger on the USP

>>34966244
Stop projecting, you don't know what you're talking about and just trying to seem clever but instead you look like a dipshit. Go shoot your fucking gun and stop talking on here.
>>
>>34966899
>implying less expensive HK's are total shit
can we please stop this meme?
>>
>>34965074
why does this meme exist
>>
>>34967127
Go shoot both and see for yourself.
>>
>>34967172
so subjective though
>>
>>34967177
Yeah but maybe you'd get a better understanding of why people say it if you shot both side by side.

Worst case you gain an informed opinion and can refute the claim.
>>
>>34967206
I have actually, both a glock and a vp9. I liked the VP9 way better, but my brother liked the Glock way better. You're retarded if you think the vp9 is objectively better.
>>
>>34967172
I have and I have several reasons why I do not like the VP9
>>
>>34966872
>Simpler packages while still having modularity
They have a smaller aftermarket. That means there's less you can change on it, making it less modular.
>Lineage - hk made polymer first, so suck it
Actually, that would be the experimental polymer makarov in the 60's. Hk did nothing first.
>hks from 40 years ago still firing and kicking it today
So are original glocks from 35 years ago.
>Better qc from factory
that's marketing. There are certain ones you have to watch out for, namely hk4's and their rifles
>Better machining and tolerance fitting
are you trying to say that they are hand-fitted or have tighter tolerances? Because neither of these things are true.
>>
>>34966992
>Better grip with better texture and no finger grooves
First part is subjective, second part is a lie.
>Ambi mag release you can hit with your index finger
Their ambi release is shit unless you have short fingers. If your fingers are long, you can't hit it with your index finger without bending it back.
>Less felt recoil
I'd say they're about the same, despite hk's being heavier guns
>He prefers the trigger on the USP
I prefer triggers that are SAO or striker. I don't think there's any place for da/sa anymore, unless you're talking about the LEM specifically, which is fine.
>>
>>34964714
I have zero experience with the HK7, VP70, or P9.
The P7 is a weird striker-fired gun, and using a weird delayed blowback action. It looks small because of the large grip, but it has the same size as a Glock 19. It's very popular among Die Hard fans since it was the bad guy's, Heinz Gruber, weapon of choice.
The USP was designed for .40 and .45 and thus is way too large for a 9mm with a 15-round capacity. It has a proprietary rail (proprietary rails were a typical 1990s thing). The trigger is known for being crappy. It's mainly known for figuring on the Rainbow Six game box.
The P2000 is basically a USP redesigned for 9mm. It is much more compact. The trigger is also known for being very mediocre.
The P30 is a modern USP with better ergonomics, different choices of trigger, a universal rail, etc. It's mainly known for featuring in John Wick.
The VP9/SFP9 is basically a striker-fired P30. Its fame comes from having miserably failed MAC's torture tests.
>>
>>34968597
>First part is subjective, second part is a lie.
Did you seriously just say the USP has finger grooves?

>Can't hit mag release without moving finger
Okay, I'm starting to get the impression you're retarded....

> I don't think there's any place for da/sa anymore
He's retarded folks!
>>
>>34968654
>I have zero experience....
So shut tge fuck up and go home. You have no business talking about the characteristics of these guns.

>I don't have any idea what I'm talking about
>Buuuuuuut.....
>>
>>34969241
Where did I speak about the HK7, VP70 or P9, you fucking queer?
>>
File: 1500246030168.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
1500246030168.png
2MB, 1064x983px
>>34968541
>original glocks are still kicking

Can you say the same for G22s? USP will eat his explosive ass
>>
>>34969365
You have no idea what you're talking about, don't shoot any of them, and reduced yourself to memes about triggers and movie references. Get out
>>
>>34964728
>P2000 is a more affordable USP series gun.

Its an improved USP series gun. Better rail, better grip, and better weight and dimensions.
>>
>>34964728
>P2000 is a more affordable USP series gun.
It's an improved and updated USP Compact. You pay more for the USP because it's a 'legacy' model.

The P2000 is basically slimmer and lighter USP compact with a better grip and usable rail and is overall better a better 'compact' gun.
>>
>>34969665
Is the USP even more expensive? I have seen both at around the same price

The only advantage with the USP guns is they have a drop in match trigger kit that makes the trigger pull a lot less shitty in single action and slightly less shitty in double action
>>
>>34964714
>What are the major differences between the VP9, P30, P2000, and USP?
I own all of these. The P2k a few years ago was easy to find around $900 but now you see them around $680. They are slimmed down USPc and a hair lighter. For the money it's a solid gun as the USPc is still close to $900 in many places.

My EDC in a P30sk. The P30 is a great handgun but P30 and P30L are still around $900 so thats why I recommend the P2k to many people interested in a compact firearm.

Also, USP 45 is pretty damn great.
>>
USP is a USP. If you want a USP, you'll already have decided on that.

P2000 is USPc with better ergonomics and a 1913 rail instead of the proprietary stuff.

P30 is the latest 9mm offering and they're very good. I would either get a P30SK or P30L, depending on your needs. The extra sight radius on the L is nice and is more aesthetic in my opinion, and doesn't hinder concealment that much.

VP9 is a striker-fired P30 with poorer construction, suitable for production class competition use. I have one, and wouldn't trust my life to it in the way I would with a P30 or USP.
>>
>>34972231
also the USP competition variants are pretty sick and I'd seriously look at the expert if you're looking for a new 9mm, I've seen them for under 900 USD recently
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.