[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a cheap boot/straight knife I can get that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: boot.jpg (164KB, 1500x1191px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
164KB, 1500x1191px
What's a cheap boot/straight knife I can get that's good quality? Pic related
Also, boot knife thread
>>
>>34964102
Schrade and United cutlery sell a few on Amazon. Check them out they're not bad
>>
>>34964139
Coming from experience or Google?
>>
>>34964139
they're all made at the same taylor brands factory.
>>
>>
>>34964196
How's Smith & Wesson for knives?
>>
>>34964102
The crkt sting is one piece and its tough as shit, can even be used for some throwing but mine doesn't seem to hold an edge that well, if that's important. I like keeping the sheath in my back pocket, quick draws and its easy to resheath. No real gaurd so you have to know how to use a knife if you are going to do full force stabs with it or your hand will slide up the blade.

The generic s&w boot knives aren't bad, many companies have similar knives that are probably made by the same people, fury, Schrade etc they are cheap and do the job.

The Schrade schf21 looks cool but it will be heavy, I don't have one but it should be just as tough as the sting and have a better grip

The thing about boot knives is they are basically a shank, you don't want to spend much on one because it should be thought of as a backup and be nearly disposable, I got the sting on sale and I don't cadre much that it doesn't hold an edge because I mostly use it to pry/scrape/abuse so I can save my regular pocket knifes edge for finer work
>>
>>34964102
I have that particular smith and Wesson boot knife. It's good for what it is and fairly cheap. Had it for a year and never cut anything with it because I don't plan on it and hope I never have to because I only plan on using in self defense situations as a backup. Anyway it's still sharp and it clips on my boot nice and snug, easy to unlatch and get to.
>>
>>34964216
They keep a good edge, but whatefer they use to coat their blades for color is shite. Doesn't hold up whatsoever, on balde or handle (if its metal like tye "black ops" [christ, that name]). I got the """"black ops"""" In a tanto and the HRT. Both are pretty quality for the price,
>>
>>34964102
Cold Steel Counter Tac 1 and 2. Amazon has them for $30-40.
>>
File: ru-c813-23k10.jpg?1489699008.jpg (95KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
ru-c813-23k10.jpg?1489699008.jpg
95KB, 700x466px
>>34964102
A.G. Russell Boot Knife. $40

The CRKT Sting mentioned by >>34964268 and the new CRKT Sting 3b (both designed by A.G. Russell) are also good inexpensive choices.
>>
>>34964216
cheap chink garbage. though its not like your getting anything else better for 15-20 bucks.
you could get a mora but its not that type of knife
>>
>>34964164
Experience. Steel is on the softer side but they stab just as good as any other bootknife
>>
>>34964102
Rothco Raider III.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.