[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching the new "Shooter" show because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1488294248556.jpg (250KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488294248556.jpg
250KB, 640x960px
Just started watching the new "Shooter" show because I enjoyed the book. Within the first 10 minutes of the first episode, Swagger tells 2 hunters that .223 can barely take squirrel. The hunter pulls out a Beretta 92 and talks about stopping power. Quickly closed the tab after that.

Why can't any shows or movies (especially based around firearms) ever do 10 minutes of research of consult an expert? Even the shitty 2007 Wahlberg shooter movie did better.
>>
>>34961104
They literally said that? I never clicked it because I think any TV show based off a movie is doomed for failure.

Also the Marky Mark flick ain't half bad. He Snipes dudes with .22 and a DIY silencer.
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (70KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.jpg
70KB, 852x480px
>>34961123
The movie also has GOAT drummer/singer Levon Helm in it .
>>
>>34961104
>Why can't any shows or movies (especially based around firearms) ever do 10 minutes of research of consult an expert? Even the shitty 2007 Wahlberg shooter movie did better.

He literally said that in the book.
Educate yourself.
>>
>>34961104

I thought the same about the show during the first episode but it gets infinitely better. I'd give it a chance, at least a few episodes.
>>
>>34961147
Which book does he say that in? I started on Time to Hunt and went from there because I couldn't find the first 2 in physical book form.
>>
>>34961147
No he didn't faggot.
>>
>>34961104
He was trying to downplay the caliber, since those dentists were trying to hunt fucking wolves with 223. FYI show gets better, that scene is the only one in the entire series that has this kind of mistake. I kept with the episode once it showed him zeroing his rifle and turning the scope turrets in the correct direction for the correct amount of clicks.
>>
>>34963217
I'll take your word for it and resume watching. I just thought it was strange for a gunny to downplay .223 when he used that caliber to kill countless viets. like a fudd telling someone .45 is the only good round for self defense because of how big the boolet is.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.