[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cd/ Chemical Defense General I have ~10 years experience a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1485020275989.png (8KB, 387x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485020275989.png
8KB, 387x224px
/cd/ Chemical Defense General

I have ~10 years experience as an American CBRN Defense officer. I'm here to answer all of your embarrassing Protective Mask questions in accordance with NIOSH regulations. Help me help you!

>Why Buy A Protective Mask?
http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2013/03/12/three-minutes-without-air-why-a-gas-mask-should-be-part-of-your-preps/

>How To Test Your Protective Mask
http://www.alpharubicon.com/basicnbc/gasmaskfit.htm

>Dr. Mario Sartori's "The War Gases"
https://archive.org/stream/MarioSartoruTheWarGases/Mario%20Sartoru%20-%20The%20War%20Gases_djvu.txt

Post CBRN kits! Ask CBRN questions!

Don't post kink or gimp shit! Resident Voodoo Physician Dr. Nganga will put an ancient Bantu curse on all gimp posters!!!

Also, I am daydrinking today so please bear with me
>>
File: 1502423655931.jpg (2MB, 1969x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1502423655931.jpg
2MB, 1969x1703px
Thank you for putting the time in to make this thread, CBRN Anon. I have a question: is this accurate?
>>
>>34960895
Do American Chemical Defense forces have any assault weapons? Not just guns and shit, but some real weapons like cannons, missiles, or manpads at least?
>>
>>34961203
for shooting at the chemicals?
>>
>>34960895
What do think of a nuclear caterpillar?
>>
>>34960895
Austrian here

did they tell you to execute your own soldiers too if exposed and beyond help ?
>>
I was told by a buddy who worked EOD on chem weapons that the standard procedure was that the lowest ranked person gets ordered to remove their mask (usually after "borrowing" their gun) to make sure the air was clean. Is that true or was he just messing with me?
>>
>>34961931
I guess if you lacked a chemical testing kit and really really needed to know in an extreme circumstance you could ask the guy to take off his mask. Otherwise no.
>>
>>34960895
When burning a drum of shit, is diesel better than JP4, and how much per drum do you recommend?
>>
>>34961059
Has googles. Says good enough for crowd control.

Obviously never was trained on anythig. Most actual bad shit like VX goes through skin so good luck. What more even with OC gas you will have to deal with it getting in your eyes. Do your own reserch and Wright your own infographic that wont get someone hurt
>>
First of all, if you are going to make these threads more often you should at least fill the name field so we can know who you are (don't put your real name faggot).
Also, what kind of gas mask would you recommend for prepping?
>>
>>34960895
First off thanks for making the thread, so many people talk out of their ass about gas masks so I'd be interested in hearing your opinions

>What would be a good all around gasmask for around $100~$200

>What mask do you/would you have for a shtf scenario

>Is it true that most masks work about as well against pepper spray and tear gas (two of the most common chemicals you'd be likely to face in most domestic situation) so long as they're airtight?
>>
>>34961931
It actually is listed in one of the army's handbooks, when I get home I'll get the designation and pics
>>
File: 1256206553616_3.jpg (57KB, 260x234px) Image search: [Google]
1256206553616_3.jpg
57KB, 260x234px
>>34963314
What this guy means is "first person to take their mask off when the detector says its clear."
However, what you would really do is never take it off untill you RTB and get scrubbed down, right?

Pic related, CWA detector.
>>
>>34963454
Thats what i meant, to make sure its absolutely clear u have the lowest totem pole guy go first.

My buddy also said the chem detectors werent fool proof (ie., in still air he said they werent so great unless the compound was in fair quantity) so thats why they check that way; just in case there is still SOMETHING.

It made sense to me, but he's a cheeky and sarcastic SOB sometimes
>>
File: Woodlands (4).jpg (887KB, 1275x1393px) Image search: [Google]
Woodlands (4).jpg
887KB, 1275x1393px
80's cbrn aesthetic n shiet is pretty hot
even though the m17 series were shitty and an overall mistake because americans adopt gimmick masks
>>
File: tankmasks.jpg (417KB, 1939x1339px) Image search: [Google]
tankmasks.jpg
417KB, 1939x1339px
>>34965076
i don't own a Chemical Protective Overgarment because i enjoy not having charcoal all over my house and clothes so eat a dick
have some tank crew masks
>>
>>34963487
That was actually in the Russian manual on nuclear warfare.
Lowest ranking member was to mark areas of over 25 r/hr. Next lowest ranking was to continue when the first was disabled.
Manual was only for officers eyes.
>>
How much do you hate life as an officer in chem? Like in general. Was there a point when you realized "uh oh, I made some poor decisions to get here"?

Getting out of the reserves as an 88M and into ROTC right now, hoping for active duty. I just want some perspective.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.