[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, Im pretty close to completing my Bachelors for mechanical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1491928939672.jpg (151KB, 735x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1491928939672.jpg
151KB, 735x1037px
Hey /k/, Im pretty close to completing my Bachelors for mechanical engineering, I plan to join the military in hopes to become a pilot but I dont know which branch. I really just want the flight experience and money so I can get my masters and apply to be an astronaut but thats quite a bit later. I need a good 1000-1500 hours of experience in a single-manned, jet propelled aircraft, any one will do. What branch would give me the best chances at this. Im pretty well versed in math, science, and engineering, /fit/, and while i never did any ROTC or scouts i did come really close to getting into the air force academy but got medically disqualified for a minor shoulder injury i had my freshmen year of highschool. I even got the congressional nomination so that was lame but im ready to try this shit again.
>>
>>34956282
Honestly your best bet now would be the navy.
>>
>>34956282
you dont mention what size you are and how your vision is. manlets and four eyes need not apply.
>>
File: 1492733445-2315247a_orig.jpg (198KB, 610x442px) Image search: [Google]
1492733445-2315247a_orig.jpg
198KB, 610x442px
You're in luck - a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering actually qualifies you to be the go-to expert in all scientific matters for an entire generation.
>>
>>34956282
>but got medically disqualified for a minor shoulder injury i had my freshmen year of highschool

this is the problem, during relative peacetime there are so many applicants that are over-qualified the air force can be fairly picky

ask a real recruiter for their opine
>>
>>34956454
6'0
20/20
>>34956516
keked
>>
>>34956528
i had dislocated my shoulder playing football. I went on to wrestle and throw discus with the same shoulder on varsity the 3 years after.
>>34956424
how is this so?
>>
>>34956567
Air Force rejected you, the navy is the only other major military flying thing in the US
>>
>>>34956567
Also lie about your shoulder, nobody has to know if they can't see it.
>>
>>34956780
>>34956805
it was 8 years ago
>>
>>34956282
Coast Guard
>>
>>34956567
I'm currently looking to fly, but dude the Navy threw a shitfit over my rotator cuff impingement. Not only did I have to waiver it, but they rejected my waiver and had to get the original orthopod surgeon who looked at me when I had it to look it over again. Then they allowed MEPS and at MEPS the doctor looked over my shoulder and asked me a bunch of questions about it. After that I was good but there was a possibility that I would have to see a MEPS affiliated orthopod surgeon as a final assurance and even then they might have told me "tough luck, pal".

All for a simple rotator cuff impingement that had happed the year before.
>>
>>34956919
Was there any official paperwork on it? If not, and if it hasn't dislocated in the last several years, it NEVER happened.
>>
>>34957051
there was paperwork, and they got it. but that was so long ago idk if i should give it up again or if they kept it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.