[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People still think the USA didn't lose the Vietnam War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (151KB, 317x936px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
151KB, 317x936px
>People still think the USA didn't lose the Vietnam War

Every almond, activated at once.
>>
>US steamrolls Vietnamese military
>US forces North Vietnam to sign the Paris Peace Accords
>US pulls out because the war is over
>North Vietnam comes back two years later and defeats the South
>Somehow this equates to America being defeated

By the time South Vietnam fell, America had absolutely nothing to do with the region for several years already.
>>
>>34953628
We didn't try to win though so does it really count as a loss?
>>
>>34953684
>We went to war trying to loose, I promise
>>
This. Just because you killed around 3 to 4 million tan gooks doesn't mean you won the war from an operational standpoint

>inb4 MUH HANOI BOMBING AND PARIS PEACE ACCORD
>MUH 60 to 1 K/D RATIO
>>
hearts and minds
>>
>US wins every major battle
>Forces enemy to the negotiating table
>Peace treaty signed
>War over
>US leaves area
>A few years later, North Vietnam goes back on the treaty and invades the South
>North quickly overruns the South
>Somehow this means the US lost
France lost World War 1 because they were invaded and defeated in 1940. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>34953717
>that architecture

Why do American cities look so shitty?
>>
>>34953746
Isn't that in russia?
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (5KB, 225x225px)
facepalm.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>34953698
>loose
>>
>>34953762
>>34953746
>I was only pretending
>>
File: Captur.png (146KB, 325x827px) Image search: [Google]
Captur.png
146KB, 325x827px
>>34953628
checkmate, atheists.
>>
>Achieve all military objectives
>Red Spread stopped
>Leave
>50 years later, the Vietnamese love America and Freedom more than ever
What sort of ultra-high-ass standards do you have to have to call that a "Loss"?
>>
>>34953994
>Red Spread stopped

>South Vietnam falls to communism
>Cambodia falls to communism

I don't quite get what you mean by this?
>>
>>34954588
thats what happens whe you
>reddit spacing
and
>democrats character assassinate the president and remove all support to the south Vietnamese leaving only soviet and american communist party money flowing into the region
you're welcome sweetie :^)
>>
>>34953703
If you don't understand the Paris accord then you don't understand the war. That's like saying Finland lost ww2
>>
>>34953994
>South Vietnam falls to communism
>Cambodia falls to communism

So 2 shithole gook countries turn red. We won. Communism died and Russia had a Mcd's by the 90s. All we had to do was contain the commies and we succeeded in doing that.
>>
>>34955902
And how it turn out in the long run? I wonder does Moscow still have this McDonalds.
>>
>>34956166
How did it turn out?

- Vietnam is presently, a western friendly and is for the most part, US aligned.
- USA refers to a still existent entity whereas the phrase "Soviet Union" currently resides in history textbooks.
- Russian oligarchs, for all their bluster and posturing, are entirely dependent on being allowed to invest in, park their wealth in, and participate in the American financial system because even they are wary of their own. Take it as you will the fact that as financial instruments, the dollar (and the pound) command so much respect even in former commie states.
- There are cities in this world with higher GDPs than the entirety of Russia nowadays. whose main national accolade is its Africa-tier AIDS infection rates.
- Free market enterprise wormed it's way into many commie-block states, not just Vietnam and former Russia SFSR.

Though history isn't over, so lets watch this space and see what the future has in store.
>>
File: 1438716825085.jpg (57KB, 500x500px)
1438716825085.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>34956166
And I apologize for failing to answer your 2nd question.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/mcdonalds/@55.7758252,37.6183396,10.13z

Take that as you will.
>>
>>34954588
Don't forget Laos!

>they're even shaped like Vietnam, just scaled down two thirds!
>>
>>34955902
The strategic objectives were not met, first and foremost of which was to prevent the spread of communism in South East Asia. The Vietnam War had almost nothing to do with the factors that lead to the Soviet Union's collapse.
>>
>>34953937
kek
>>
File: 2353253254.jpg (133KB, 313x800px)
2353253254.jpg
133KB, 313x800px
>>34953937
Guess again
>>
File: BURGERZ.png (329KB, 476x363px)
BURGERZ.png
329KB, 476x363px
>>34956338
>Thinking amerifat Mcady’s is a good influence lol
>>
>>34953994
“50 years later, the Vietnamese love America and Freedom more than ever”
>new generations of people are born, merikan culture infests the world, and agent orange effects = FREEDUM
https://streamable.com/4cmzr
>>
>>34953734
If France was still occupied by Germany today you would have a point.

Cause Vietnam is you dummy
>>
>>34957262
In fact that was the exact point I was making. It doesn't have to be a good influence, the very fact that IT EXISTS in Russia in the first place is a seismic statement in itself. The one fast food chain that makes some the blandest and simplest burgers in existence sees this much business in the former political center of the Soviet Union is a massive testament to the insidiously subversive power of capitalist icons.

If you want to talk about burger quality & taste, there are countless other places where you can get an infinitely better burger than at McDonalds, and in view of this it is absolutely astounding the success that a shit chain like McDonalds has found among foreign customers.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.