[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i was wondering what makes some one eligable for the medal of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: moh_all3.gif (18KB, 220x196px) Image search: [Google]
moh_all3.gif
18KB, 220x196px
i was wondering what makes some one eligable for the medal of honor?

I was thinking crazy shit must happen all the time why is it given out very few times?
>>
You have to be really liked by some big brass, basically.
>>
>>34952041
it has to be witnessed by at least 2 individuals. must be a circumstance that is considered against all hope and and action that is considered ultimately selfless. typically an individual of senior or equal rank must request the individual to be rewarded the medal. above all though, it has to be approved by congress after an investigation that could take months or years.

most of the time, people that have been requested a medal of honor review get their actions bumped down to a silver star.
>>
The official award count isn't accurate because they were given out like candy during the Civil War. I read they have once gave out in bulk to some people who re-enlisted.

It's arbitrarily awarded and sometimes for political reasons. Patterson's book on the Medal of Honor states for every one person who receives the medal there are one hundred that don't who deserved it.
>>
>>34952041
The gave them to the soldiers guarding Abraham Lincoln's casket. They didn't give one to Carlos Hathcock for anything he did.
I hope this lets you know something.
>>
>>34952681
Cool as he was, he didn't really go above and beyond desu.
>>
>>34953477
I'd at least think the mission where he crawled all that way and shot a General in the chest from over 700 yards would count.
>>
>>34952681

Most medals were thrown out a lot more regularly long ago in history, when universally recognised requirements and context were much less certain.
>>
>>34952041
Beyond what Wikipedia will say about it, you really need to be lucky. Being in a situation you probably shouldn't have been in, enough people surviving who could talk about it while being debriefed, the chain of command all liking each other enough to keep passing this info along. Any break in the chain will stop this. I did 21 years in the army, and was only actually knew one person who got it.
>>
>>34953502
And pulling marines from a burning APC while suffering 3rd degree burns is pretty based

>he did get a silver star for that one
>>
major bong is decidedly unimpressed at your behavior
>>
Eddie Rickenbacker is laughing at your lack of valor.
>>
File: Audie_Murphy.jpg (355KB, 1104x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Audie_Murphy.jpg
355KB, 1104x1600px
this fucking manlet is 1000x more of a man than you will ever be in your wettest of dreams
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.