[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to obtain full auto weapons? I've read online, and gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: younglings.jpg (508KB, 1000x1571px) Image search: [Google]
younglings.jpg
508KB, 1000x1571px
How to obtain full auto weapons?
I've read online, and gotten advice from multiple people who are either military, or gun people and this is what I've come to think.
Is it as easy as
> get tax stamp for the firearm
>buy full auto firearm
>>
>>34949302
in America, yes.
>>
If you consider waiting an obscene amount of time for your stamp and paying a ludicrous amount of money for even the most worn out potmetal piece of shit automatic weapon to be easy than yes, it is that easy.
>>
>>34949316
Sorry for not being specific. Yes in America, Arizona specifically
>>
>>34949302
>asks how to get a full auto weapon
>starts talking about laws
Does not compute.
>>
>>34949302

No. The machinegun registry is closed. What that means is that you really only have 2 options.

1) buy a transferable pre-86, beat to shit, expensive as hell POS

2) become a firearms manufacturer and get "samples" from major firearms companies
>>
>>34949328
If they try to trick you into breaking laws by asking you how to get stuff by breaking the law they're Atf, If they try to trick you into breaking laws by asking about laws they're disciplined Atf.
>>
>>34949302
Buddy of mine spent $18,000 on an mp5 trigger group then had to buy a civilian mp5 and modify it to take the old group.
>>
>>34949334
This. If you really want full auto weapons you do your own research privately and learn to keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>34949341
I'm not talking about illegally. I'm honestly just ignorant about why gunbroker has a glock 17 with the 'fun switch' for $1600. Made me wonder if I could order it at nearest gun shop, buy the tax stamp and walk out with the firearm. Sorry if I seem like I have no clue what I'm talking about, I've heard/read so many other opinions I dont know what to believe.
>>
>>34949362

See >>34949333

One does not simply obtain full giggle weapons.
>>
Can a civilian obtain a post sample if they put their money where their mouth is?
>>
>>34949302 (OP)
You are correct. Buying a full auto is the same process as buying a suppressor or short barreled rifle, and it's a relatively easy process. Just need to find someone nearby that does NFA transfers.

HOWEVER. The gun must be made and registered prior to May of 1986 due to the machine gun registry being closed. You can buy a brand new suppressor or SBR, but you cannot buy a brand new full auto. Therefore, there is a finite supply of MGs. The demand has been increasing since day 1. As a result, prices are fucking astronomical. The cheapest MG you can purchase right now is a shitty Mac-10/11 which will run you about 6k. Uzis are about 11k. AKs and M16s run in the 20-30k range.
Yeah.
That is $20,000-$30-000 for a 30+ year old rifle. Hope you've got deep pockets.

>>34949362
These types of guns are called "post samples" and are for specific types of FFLs to own and use as "demo" pieces. They are not available for purchase by plebs such as us; only specially licensed FFLs with Special Occupational Tax (SOT) which means they pay like 10k a year for the privilege.
>>
>>34949384

Yes, but you need to be a firearms manufacturer and you have to pay a fuckton of money in taxes annually.
>>
Or you could just buy a binary trigger and settle for what is essentially a two round burst.
>>
>>34949386
>>34949393
So unless you hit the 600M lotto, transferables are out of the question... Post samples are for Law Enforcement agencies too right? If someone became a deputy or PO, is there a way the can obtain one? (I've all but lost hope in ever owning a full auto at this point)
>>
I'm beginning to see why bump fire stocks aren't a bad choice
>>
>>34949407
Private ownership of automatic weapons by law enforcement is a big no no. The only time an LEO will ever hold an automatic weapon is if it came straight out of the departments armory, and it will go straight back to the armory once he is done with it.

Even then, many (maybe even most) police departments do not stock automatic weapons at all. Semi-auto is more than enough to get the job done in the vast majority of law enforcement applications, and using full auto weapons greatly increases the likelihood of collateral damage. Unless it's a major city that has serious interest in having counter-terrorism capabilities, most city councils opt to restrict their PDs to semi-automatic weapons.
>>
>>34949338
Some of the historic auto guns Ian reviews are far cheaper than that on RIA. I saw the mp28s expected sale price at around 12k. I would have expected them to be far more than an mp5 trigger group
>>
>>34949407
No, Police Departments as an entity can own automatic weapons, but not individual officers. I don't know how the specifics of the law would work out; I'm sure there are situations were officers technically break the law while using them, but no one is going to bother prosecuting them about it.
>>
>>34949302
You dont, unless you want to throw away a ton of money on something that most ranges probably won't even let you shoot in their facilities and costs a ton to feed.

Don't get me wrong, I want the nfa and all those regulations repealed on principle, but unless you're actually fighting in a trained squad of guys and uncle Sam is footing the ammo bill, machine guns are retarded. If you want to spend a shitton of money so you can do magdump or two every year go for it, but there are much better uses for your money.
>>
>>34949443
>most city councils opt to restrict their PDs to semi-automatic weapons.

There are some very, very interesting exceptions to this rule. I'm being deliberately vague, but that list is one that /k/ would love to pick over.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.