[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of "da marines do more with less" and "we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: US_Marines_Talisman_Saber_07.jpg (1MB, 2100x1680px) Image search: [Google]
US_Marines_Talisman_Saber_07.jpg
1MB, 2100x1680px
How much of "da marines do more with less" and "we make due with Army used equipment" is a meme? From what I see, the USMC actually shares very little of it's gear with the Army these days, meaning that hand-me-downs are less viable. They seem to have tweaked almost all of their gear to be ever so slightly different from the Army, sometimes for very obscure reasons.
>>
>>34947945
the usmc is staffed with the rejects of the other branches
>>
It was true up til about 2008ish, but these days its thoroughly a meme. All their kit is new, their vehicles are mostly new, their optics and rifles are seldom older than a decade and it looks like they're getting a brand new service rifle in a roundabout way too.
>>
>>34947966
Lol, its harder to get in the Marines than the other branches.
>>
>>34948056
Yeah, you have to eat way more crayons and paste
>>
>>34947966

When will this Meme end? It's actually harder to join the Marines idiot. A simple google search will show that they have higher standards, even if by a bit.
>>
>>34948056
Well yeah, you have to get rejected from the other branches first.
>>
>>34948629
>higher standards
>ASVAB score of 32
lol
>>
File: IMG_8623.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8623.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>34948689
>>34948339
>>
>>34948702
Did you check the Army's now, Idiot?
>>
>>34949265
Why did you capitalize the "I" in "idiot"?
>>
>>34949397
ssh, he was called that by his platoon leader and now he thinks that's a rank
>>
For those of you who have never been in the infantry... the infantry sucks. There hasn't been a difference in marine infantry and army's since ww2. Both branches have done the same shit. Sure, people say marine boot camp is "tougher" since they yell at you a little more, but that's only because they need the extra yelling for being lower on the IQ pole. Saying that you do more with less is silly. As an infantryman, you welcome anything that will make your life easier. Only losers boast about doing something the hard way. That's just brainwash propaganda to make you think what your doing is special so you'll stay in and keep doing the dirty work.
>>
>>34948629
>Retards arguing with other retards over who is smarter.
B-b-but the mareens tolt me I wuz a badass
>>
>>34949408
It was actually his nickname
>>
I work dealing with supply/maintenance for an infantry battalion. From what I have seen, individual kit wise Marines are pretty well stocked. Everyone has new to newish M4's. RCOs are still primarily M16A4 variants but are slowly being replaced by new RCOs meant to compensate for an M4. Before Deployed we got new kevlars. Overall I'd say the average marine grunt has as much gear as the average soldier grunt.

I think the issue comes into how we treat and utilize our assets like vehicles and comm. Our current deployment is solely a training deployment in a first world nation, and yet our leadership told us day 1 we could not say no to the needs of the infantry companies, and that regardless of how, we will get our vehicles operational enough to support all training. This mindset, even for bullshit like training, forces maintainers to do a constant bandaid approach to maintenance until they completely run the vehicle into the ground and require extremely extensive repair, up to needing whole new engines/transmissions. The trick has always been to only have that be an issue near the end, so that someone else inherets your gear when you deploy or redeploy.

So I think the phrase is relevant still, but not in the way people think, nor in a positive way. Its a phrase allowing stupid expectations of what a certain gearsets can and should do.
>>
>>34947945
All the M4s we used are from the Army. Marines only bought M16s.
>>34947966
This guy couldnt make it.
>>34948702
Muhreens have the highest minimum for both ASVAB and physical standards. Neither of which are that high, but both are higher than any other branch. Believe it or not, most people do their research before joining just any branch.
>>34949544
All RCOs I see are correct for their rifle.
My M4 was beat to shit, the only brand new rifles I saw were M16 and M27.
Very true about the comms and vics being non-operational. It's pretty bad when 90% of your trucks can't be used and just sit in a lot for years until the next war requires them to actually be fixed. And I'm pretty sure I broke more comm shit than I fixed.
>>
>>34949397

>heh, I see I was almost forced to face your argument, but I see you made a typo, you lose, I win.

Double digit I.Q. moron detected.
>>
>>34949397

he was personalizing his hate for you with capitalization.
>>
>>34949544

i reckon this is excellent thinking. as an aussie i appreciate frugality and when i hear we'll increase deployments to follow whatever folly murica has entered and think "good, at least our speartip remains blooded"

that sort of extremist zombie apocalypse resourcing mentality is critical to hone and maintain in a national military. like section 31 in starfleet or our aussie SAS.

you need an edge to survive, as extreme as needed
>>
>>34947945
Well. Your a bunch of dumb kids who basically don't have any idea what you're talking about. So stop being stupid.

It's not Marines who started this shit. It's you dumb kids.
>>
>>34947945
>They seem to have tweaked almost all of their gear to be ever so slightly different from the Army, sometimes for very obscure reasons.

Pretty much. The Marine Corp., like every branch, says a lot of shit to make it seem cooler than it actually is.
>>
>>34949265
Anyone who knows anything understands the Marines have higher standards than the Army. You're being trolled.
>>
File: Muhreens appear.png (371KB, 480x872px) Image search: [Google]
Muhreens appear.png
371KB, 480x872px
>mfw MIDF has been pulling out the stops recently
>>
>>34948056
The USMC has the strictest physical standards, but the most lax intellectual standards. The USAF is the exact opposite.
>>
>>34949993
Except you're wrong. They have higher intellectual requirements than the Army.

Source: look it up, the information is readily available
>>
File: 1500752698150.jpg (112KB, 1087x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500752698150.jpg
112KB, 1087x1080px
>>34947966
>>34948056
>>34948339
>>34948689
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.