[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the market for a new .22 pistol. I took a long break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (19KB, 475x250px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19KB, 475x250px
I'm in the market for a new .22 pistol. I took a long break from shootings due to a very busy schedule (school and work,) and my marksmanship suffered for it. With a 9mm pistol, I was averaging about 3 inch groups at 7 yards, which is pretty appalling. It seems a 22lr pistol would be a good way to put thousands of rounds down ranges without breaking the bank. Any recommendations? I currently lean towards the Ruger Mark IV line, but I was wondering if there was anything else I should consider.
>>
>>34946033
budget?

solid choice tho
>>
>>34946490
Probably should have mentioned that. Sub-500 would be my ideal price. If under 400, even better. I won't be putting optics on it, but the threaded barrel would be nice should I ever get a suppressor.
>>
Blued Mk2's can be had for ~300 only issue is the takedown
>>
>>34946546
well in that case, i'd go mark 4 or a really cheap mark 2 or 3 from a pawn shop if you're not going to use the rails or threads.
>>
>>34946033

>I currently lean towards the Ruger Mark IV line, but I was wondering if there was anything else I should consider.

Its the best option. I have a Mark III, its a great gun except for what a pain in the ass it is to disassemble without a special kit. The Mark IV addresses that problem and makes take down really, really, easy.

Bet pinking pistol you can get particularly with a suppressor.
>>
File: 162.jpg (1022KB, 1971x1305px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
1022KB, 1971x1305px
Ruger mk series is your best bet. Or you could get lucky like my buddy and buy an old Beretta 87 Target off some old guy for $200
>>
>>34946577

For reference if you go the Mark III or Mark II route, you can get this speed strip kit for it which gets rid of the hassle and lets you take it apart with an allen wrench.

http://www.majesticarms.com/id10.html
>>
>>34946600
Does Ruger make a more standard, non-tacticool pistol that still has a threaded barrel? I haven't been able to find one.
>>
>>34946713

You could always have a gunsmith thread it for you.
>>
>>34946713
not that i know of, but im sure someone out there makes a TB for the sr22
>>
>>34946713
what do you shoot thats not 22? might be a conversion out there.
>>
>>34946713
Yes, but not a mkiv.
Also getting a barrel threaded will be a fraction of the cost and hassle of getting a supressor. So i woulsnt worry about that. You can always thread the barrel during the 12 months you're waiting on your stamp.
>>
>>34946781
A number of different guns. USP, HS2000, Glock, Beretta, etc...
>>
>>34946807
Alright, guess I'll go with the standard Mark IV. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>34946825
>glock
if there was only one threaded conversion out there, it would be for a glock. not a bad idea to go with a gun you already shoot.
>>
>>34946033
I was pretty impressed with the Walther P22. You may want to consider it because it has a DA/SA trigger. The Ruger's SA triggers are so good you might struggle going back to a more conventional 9mm.
>>
>>34946871
Are you speaking of the Ruger SR22 or the Mark series?
>>
>>34946033
I have a Mark IV stainless and I love it. I haven't tried the S&W victory but I've seen it go for well under $300 recently, and at that price I don't know if the Ruger is better enough to be worth the extra cost, especially considering all the mark ivs have been recalled. You get a free mag if you send it in for retrofit but it's still annoying.
>>
>>34946713
Fwiw, I think those rails come off, and come with short set screws to keep a clean look without the rails if your not going to use them.

I am going to but OP pic for a suppressor I have in nfa jail. Don't need the bottom rail so it's gone. Maybe the top one too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.